Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EaglesFan said:
Blue Theatre said:
Edin frequently has many more chances in a game than anyone else - so he would appear to make space / get into goal-scoring positions better than anyone, including Sergio and Alvaro.

Unfortunately, what he does next frequently lets him down - no first-touch or finesse/subtlety so really has to hit it first-time if he is to score - sometimes it works and the ball flies into the net, but more often it doesn't.

But he remains one of the top-ten strikers in Premier League history on a goals-per-minute basis, and he was our top-scorer in the league last season, not Aguero whom everyone (rightly) lauds as a god.

I agree with a lot of the criticisms of him, but am just saying Edin can't be as bad as some people make out, and he has been a virtual guarantee of goals everywhere he's played, including top leagues like Germany and England, and at international level (wasn't he 2nd-top scorer in Europe in the just-finished Euro Championship qualifiers ?)

Bold part is exactly what frustrates Edin's fans (me included).
I mean - nobody is saying he is the second coming (and those who do are dellusional), but calling a player with such career accolades Dzeko has "useless", "horrible", etc...is just oh so dumb. I mean really, really, utterly stupid and ignorant.

Like I said, the guy who has scored 60 goals in his last two Bundesliga seasons, over 50 goals in MCFC (not sure), and has been runner-up in two consecutive WC/EC qualifiers now cannot be BAD.

Anyone who doesnt see this is just as dellusional and clueless as some Dzeko's fans.

As backup striker he's about as good as you can get - buy he doesn't want to be backup - His instinct for being in the right place and his movement are excellent he just isn't that composed a lot of the time - often slashes widely at the ball.

pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
pudge said:
Well one person says 8, one says 7 but the one saying less is being questioned.

Im going by the official records and statistics. Not personal interpretation.

It looked to me like the poster saying more was not only being questioned, but openly ridiculed. And which official records are you using? The Premier League? The FA? UEFA? FIFA? What definition are they using, as there seem to be several different ones? And even if you know the definition and are happy with it, surely you could acknowledge that some unofficial site might use a different definition.
Well weve seen one unofficial, that one word says it all, website credit a defenders clearance as an assist to the attacker.

Only Edin can make people scramble for a grey area.

And yes, the respective competitions offical statistics, as they are what are deemed official and definite.

I'll start a website and credit edin with 40 assists and set the criteria to "being in the squad", that will make it unofficially official

I'm sorry you really don't seem to get the point of my posts on this subject. If you don't want to acknowledge the arbitrariness of the official stats on assists, that's up to you (this also isn't about trying to inflate Edin's stats relative to other players as the website that was quoted presumably uses the same definition for everyone, so you can still compare his January stats to Negredo's on an even playing field). However, I hope that most readers can see that equating a slightly different definition (one that's been used officially by FIFA during World Cups) with "being in the squad" is ridiculous. And the "I was obviously joking to make a point" argument doesn't really wash either - you're still attempting to completely discredit the use of a slightly different criteria on the grounds that it doesn't happen to be the one chosen by a particular governing body this season.

CaliforniaBlue said:
pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
It looked to me like the poster saying more was not only being questioned, but openly ridiculed. And which official records are you using? The Premier League? The FA? UEFA? FIFA? What definition are they using, as there seem to be several different ones? And even if you know the definition and are happy with it, surely you could acknowledge that some unofficial site might use a different definition.
Well weve seen one unofficial, that one word says it all, website credit a defenders clearance as an assist to the attacker.

Only Edin can make people scramble for a grey area.

And yes, the respective competitions offical statistics, as they are what are deemed official and definite.

I'll start a website and credit edin with 40 assists and set the criteria to "being in the squad", that will make it unofficially official

I'm sorry you really don't seem to get the point of my posts on this subject. If you don't want to acknowledge the arbitrariness of the official stats on assists, that's up to you (this also isn't about trying to inflate Edin's stats relative to other players as the website that was quoted presumably uses the same definition for everyone, so you can still compare his January stats to Negredo's on an even playing field). However, I hope that most readers can see that equating a slightly different definition (one that's been used officially by FIFA during World Cups) with "being in the squad" is ridiculous. And the "I was obviously joking to make a point" argument doesn't really wash either - you're still attempting to completely discredit the use of a slightly different criteria on the grounds that it doesn't happen to be the one chosen by a particular governing body this season.
I'm not joking.

I've decided to discredit offical records and just believe Edin has set up all our goals.

I reckon it will make for a smoother ride

Prestwich_Blue said:
foetus said:
Didn't show up tonight. Not his best game.
Was he even on the pitch?

Ask Cahill, and especially DAVID LUIZ.

Dzeko had a very decent game<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:35 pm --<br /><br />
bornblueegg said:
foetus said:
Didn't show up tonight. Not his best game.
couldn't score in an empty net tonight

That's your assessment of his game tonight?? Riiiiight, just a reminder not to return here...GTFO

This is the Dzeko we have all been waiting for all that was missing was a goal. Even the manager recognised that by leaving him on. Was my MOTM next to Yaya well played Edin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.