Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eccles Blue said:
2wq97ap.jpg

Enough said! ;-)

So we let him off on every mistake he ever makes in the future because he scored a header from a corner to equalise? Maybe if he would have finished some of the other chances he had that season he wouldn't need to have scored a corner in the 90th minute on the last day?

oakiecokie said:
Damocles said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
The last time we played someone shit at Home and they came and parked the Bus it was Dzeko who popped up with the only Goal of the game.

Just saying.

An awful lot of fuckwits on this thread and a fair few good posters who should have put a little bit more thought into their opinion.

The problem isn't that people think he's unable to score; in fact his goal tally is literally the only thing keeping him here.

The problem is that he doesn't fit our game in the slightest bit and we expose all of his large weaknesses. He cannot control a pacey ball very well, he often gets tangled up within himself and he needs 5 chances to score. He is also inconsistent in his application which is the worst crime you can commit in English football.

He doesn't need 5 chances because he's not an accurate striker but because he has the vision of Stevie Wonder after swimming in chlorine and shoots for absolutely no reason. We often have patient and intricate passes in our attacking routine, so it goes pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-over the bar. I'm sure you know which one of those was a Dzeko touch.

There's also many occasions where we are counter attacking, and he drops deep to get the ball then seems to have the turning circle of an oil tanker by which time the ball through to the runners has gone and he needs to switch it to the wings hoping they can either beat their man to make up for this lack of speed of thought or they can continue the patient positional play.

Dzeko's strengths lie in his last touch at the end of a speedy attack. His problem is that this is a style of football that none of the top teams have played for 5 years at least so he will always be either a rotational striker at a big club who can fit in in certain circumstances or he can be a big fish at a small pond like he was at Wolfsburg. Dzeko is a man posting a letter when everybody else is sending emails and he cannot hope to be the focal point of a major team unless a new tactical revolution happens in football.

As I've said before, Dzeko himself is a well liked individual who is one of the only City players who gets their chant sung at every single game even if he isn't on the pitch. His fans however are the most annoying bunch of twats who rotate between slagging off the manager to more often recently slagging off the City fanbase and that's something that I won't stand for from visitors. I recognise that there are people who started out as twats and have gradually become a good part of the forum but the majority haven't.

The problem is that we can never have a sensible conversation about Dzeko because they do stupid things like posting Lionel Messi missing a chance and think this is a valid point to make. So our opinions become more extreme to mirror their extreme opinions and before you know it we have two sets of people lobbing out extreme opinions instead of a proper conversation. Every time Dzeko scores a goal apparently any and all criticism is instantly nullified because that's how talent works, it grows with every goal or something like a power up bar. This is despite the fact that Dzeko has a decent goal record and still spends many City games swanning around, twatting it off target from stupid positions and generally getting in people's way.

This will never change whilst Dzeko is at City and presumably he's going in this summer rather than signing a new deal so we only have to put up with it for another few months before we can have a conversation about the bloke that isn't spoilt by a bunch of one issue posters. These guys are essentially Dzeko's version of Mancio.

For fucks sake D. stop talking positively superb !! Everything you say could have come from my keyboard.I have supported Dzeko for years and even had one of my City shirts with his name on the back,that`s how much I loved the guy.
Unfortunately my love has now waned and I now find myself hoping that he will leave the club and we find someone else who not only wants,but can put a decent effort in.
Touch of an elephant,can`t control a ball,lay offs shit and aimlessly meanders about the pitch without a care in the world.For a big guy he should NOT be going down as though hit by a fooking cannon ball when hardly touched.
We have to hit a higher level from a forward who actually wants to play on a regular basis and someone who will contribute more for the team.
Sorry Edin,I have supported you long enough,but you continually let us dow.
By the way,I am NOT a happy bunny over The Beasts contribution of late,but we know he is at least only going through a "lean spell" at the moment.
Well hopefully,he says with baited breath !!!
Delighted that he won the POTM Award,but ...

Everyone's got strong feelings on this and as Damocles says it is because of the build-up of intensity of views which leads to extremism on both sides of the fence.

I've been of the view fr a year or more that he should move on. Then again, in more recent times he's proven me and all his critics wrong. He has played many times in recent months where he's fitted in, worked his socks off, closed down defenders after we've lost possession and knocked a few goals in and layed off some nice assists and joined in and contributed to a few nice moves resulting in fantastic goals.

His goal record in the Premiership is an average per season of around 14 goals and around 6 assists. He has 7 Prem goals and 4 assists this season. His record is very decent for a guy who in the past year r so has been coming off the bench and who spends around 2/3rds of the time other strikers spend on the pitch.

He's missed a sitter yesterday which I could have farted into the net but sh*t happens as they say. I'm not going to post a video of Messi or anyone else missing a sitter but the point is a valid one and even top strikers miss them.

I think Dzeko's problem is his languid approach to too many games where he ambles aout and doesn't, in the minds of many fans, put a shift in for his £140K per week. He would get less of a rough ride from many of his detractors if he gave the appearance of being up for it. He seems to want to be the elite sniper who rifles in the winner without putting in the effort. He isn't good enough sadly and his rifled efforts invariably end up in row Z.

I can see him moving on in the summer and doubt very much he will get an extension - unless he dramatically drops his wages. I would keep him as a third choice if it means we get him effectively on a free at say £80K per week. He's not rubbish and can produce the goods. We just have to accept him warts and all. There is no point trying to compare him the Aguero. He's not in Kun's class any more than he is in the class of Suarez, Rooney, Van Pussy, Negredo, Jovetic. I could run through many lesser Premiership teams and find strikers who are Dzeko's match or better. On his current form Adebayor is a much better option. Sturridge is another. Giroud at the Arse is proving a better buy at half the price and considerably less wages. Remy at Newcastle is a much better player with a much better technical ability. Lukaku and even Wellbeck at the 'rags' has a better return of goals per game this season.

With the kind of chances we create around the box any of those mentioned above would thrive. They'd all have off days and miss sitters of course but you have to say you would fancy most of them to score from a guilt-edged through ball or cross than Edin.

One thing I have noticed is that many of his goals come from him getting onto a move or a cross coming from the left. Moves or crosses coming from the right side (with the exception of the QPR goal) usually result in him fluffing his lines. Maybe this is something the team and manager needs to look at ?

Has anyone got any stats on Dzeko's goals from left-wing and right-wing crosses or moves ?

Damocles said:
Eccles Blue said:
2wq97ap.jpg

Enough said! ;-)

So we let him off on every mistake he ever makes in the future because he scored a header from a corner to equalise? Maybe if he would have finished some of the other chances he had that season he wouldn't need to have scored a corner in the 90th minute on the last day?

No but we don't forget that he is one of our players and deserves our support. If Aguero misses a few, and he has, as have Negredo and every professional and amateur player I know, does he get the vitriol that Edin Dzeko has had to put up with?

I was only giving an opinion, something that you, as a Mod, usually say is ok! :-)

Eccles Blue said:
Damocles said:
Eccles Blue said:
2wq97ap.jpg

Enough said! ;-)

No but we don't forget that he is one of our players and deserves our support. If Aguero misses a few, and he has, as have Negredo and every professional and amateur player I know, does he get the vitriol that Edin Dzeko has had to put up with?

I was only giving an opinion, something that you, as a Mod, usually say is ok! :-)

Why do posters get so touchy on the issue of Dzeko ?

Damocles was disagreeing with you Eccles and also making a valid point about how we ended up needing to win on goal difference in the first place. He can't rest on his laurels surely and gain our support through the bad times when he's not performing simply on the strength of a goal he scored nearly 2 years ago ?

He wasn't challenging your right to make a point or voice your opinion Eccles. Why be so defensive ?

Everyone needs to chill-out on Dzeko.

Eccles Blue said:
Damocles said:
Eccles Blue said:
2wq97ap.jpg

Enough said! ;-)

I think Edin gets this stick (am not condoning it), because fans believe that he sulks and doesn't give a fuck.
Now I don't know him, but believe this is far from the truth. He can't help the way he looks or his gait.
It makes me laugh when fans are shouting at him to get that fucking ball when it's 20 yards away. Why waste
energy on futile exercises. He's never gonna be a Tevez and he's not in the side for that. I want him in the middle
of the penalty are laying off chances or trying to score not dropping as an extra midfielder of out on the wings
getting in the way of our midfielders and defenders.

Damocles said:
Eccles Blue said:
2wq97ap.jpg

Enough said! ;-)

Dzeko scored that goal, he also scored 4 away at spurs once, he also scored in the cup against Notts co...... We must therefore ignore the fact he has been gash in almost every other game.

Damocles said:
Eccles Blue said:
2wq97ap.jpg

Enough said! ;-)

For a 3rd or 4th striker he has bagged 17 goals already this season.
He is prone to loss of form and confidence but I'm certain we can put that down to our loyal fans who are on his back each week.

Once he leaves is Garcia the next target for the boo boys?

CITYBOY1000 said:
Eccles Blue said:
Damocles said:

Damocles was disagreeing with you Eccles and also making a valid point about how we ended up needing to win on goal difference in the first place. He can't rest on his laurels surely and gain our support through the bad times when he's not performing simply on the strength of a goal he scored nearly 2 years ago ?

He wasn't challenging your right to make a point or voice your opinion Eccles. Why be so defensive ?

this goes deeper than dzeko not scoring, its the team that arent scoring, which in my opinion, is down to a slow tempo in our build up and yaya playing too deep.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Eccles Blue said:
Damocles said:

I thought, maybe I am wrong, that I was also just voicing an opinion. But I take your point, I am probably defensive over Edin because I remember his surprise when he came over to us after the QPR match and I thanked him. He said it was for the fans. So I apologise if I have upset anyone. Sorry. :-)

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I think Edin gets this stick (am not condoning it), because fans believe that he sulks and doesn't give a fuck.
Now I don't know him, but believe this is far from the truth. He can't help the way he looks or his gait.
It makes me laugh when fans are shouting at him to get that fucking ball when it's 20 yards away. Why waste
energy on futile exercises. He's never gonna be a Tevez and he's not in the side for that. I want him in the middle
of the penalty are laying off chances or trying to score not dropping as an extra midfielder of out on the wings
getting in the way of our midfielders and defenders.

It's acceptable when a player rests during a game if he then goes on to bursts of energy when required. Dzeko never busts a gut, never looks fucked from running and generally never seems to give 100%. That is unacceptable, imo.

One of the main plusses from this though is that he is very rarely injured, which helps. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.