Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimharri said:
malg said:
Compare this thread with the Negredo one. Both have bad games, but Dzeko is shite and should be raffled off, Negredo needs a rest and, bless, he's missing Aguero!
Quick question; who has been the more effective player for us this season?

Or another question;

Which of the two appears to be putting in more of an effort in games?

Negredo has been more effective player this season so far in the season.

To answer your second question that really doesn't mean alot, when shit gets tough and the goals dry up as they have been in the last 5 games.

Dzeko plays shit and doesn't score ,Negredo puts an effort and doesn't score its ultimately the same thing if the games are not won, isn't it ??
Last 5 games, both players have not scored a goal, and I rather have them play shit and score, then shine throughout the game and end up with 1 or 0 points.
Also, a lot of posters on here made up their mind's long time ago, and that's fine. However, some on here need to take a look around the league and see what other teams have, and get back to reality.
So far Dzeko scored 17goals, which is the fifth best overall (and two other players who are above him, are his teammates) scoring record in all the competitions from all PL teams, yet he is a fucking shit player. For a 2/3 striker, it's not going to get better than that.

Eto, Torres and Demba Ba have 18 total goals in all competitions between them 3.

Goals scored to chances created is fucking terrible.
Sorry but the majority of the crowd yesterday saw enough to make their own judgement on Dzeko.
Move him on

The fan boys seem to have gone missing at the moment - even they cannot defend his latest display. His attitude yesterday is what disappointed me more than anything. Sometimes he looks like he would rather be anywhere else other than on the pitch. This is what caused him to miss that open goal. He was too busy moping around and wasn't ready for the ball to come to him.

Unless he shows significant improvement from now until the end of the season he has to be sold.

Sometimes I think we would be better off with someone like Shane Long up front who would actually be grateful for the opportunity to play for the club, is a team player and would at least put the effort in.

simpsons_mob.gif

Edin has scored some great goals for us and some important ones, he also I think is a decent player it's just we've been waiting for so long for him to put in one of those fantastic performances and I just think he is playing at his highest level. I was a big fan of him before he came here but I think he is just in the wrong team to score the type of goals he normally would. I'm not saying we should just sell him but at the moment I don't think he makes enough impact in games to justify things, he does get a few goals but recently in the big games he hasn't made the difference, I felt Jovetic has looked like making more difference but now he is injured and Edin needs to step up. I think in the summer MP needs to move him on and perhaps bring someone a little more suited to our style of play, Negredo has done great but has struggled recently which I don't really understand unless he isn't fit. Since the Chelsea 1-0 loss we have lost our edge going forward and I think it is mainly due to a combination of Negredo/Dzeko not working well together when the pressure is on.

The last time I saw us at our proper best was against Spurs and that was with Aguero in there, we didn't miss him before that and now it's looking like we are going to rely on him winning us everything we want to win coming to the latter stages of the season so that shows we need a new striker in the summer. We aren't going to get Cavani for a 3rd striker role lets face it so someone like Mandzukic might be a good buy or even Adrian Ramos at Hertha Berlin who is having a fantastic season.

Yeah he has his faults but criticism is way ott

He's under the microscope more this season because of the ridiculous injuries to Aguero and Jovetic

Isn't he in premier league top 10-20 scorers per minute all time? How many others in that list would we be able to call upon as 3rd maybe 4th choice striker?They'd be way to expensive and not prepared to sit on bench. And as for a Guidetti or similar? Behave, like they're going to come in and deliver the goals per minute he does consistently plus be relied on when injuries hit like this year - week in week out, we'd be relying on a totally inexperienced player.

We're blessed to have him - as 3rd or 4th choice.

Marvin said:
Dzekos Smile said:
Besides Dzekos miss, I thought he played ok yesterday.
Had a better game than Negredo that's for sure

Worrying for City is that Negredo can play with Aguero, as can Dzeko. But Dzeko and Negredo don't seem to play well

Is this the same Dzeko -Negredo partnership that lead the line against West Ham when we scored 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.