Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
noise said:
jknight said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
He signed in January 2011, he's been here for over three years.

You're right - I stand corrected. So I ask again is 3 years long enough to decide whether a player is the right man for the job? I think he's had ample time to convince people - particularly this season
Other than a bit of a goal slump, I think he's had a great season so far. He's had a lot of good matches and some excellent ones. Of course, some will only remember his mistakes, but it's undeniable that when Kun got injured the first time, Dzeko filled in well, resulting in us not skipping a beat.

I don''t consider myself to be a Dzeko hater - I just down rate him and don't think he's good enough for City. With strikers if they're going through a lean spell you expect to see them working hard for the team - he's improved on that this season (take the Newcastle game at the start of the season) but I just don't see him having the work rate of any of our other strikers. His touch is poor and his work rate isn't good enough - particularly when the game isn't going well or were struggling to break the opposition down. He's had every opportunity this season to prove himself and for me he simply hasn't taken it.

Matty said:
Shirley said:
Damocles said:
Why are you struggling with such a simple concept again?

I don't care if you personally massaged Bert Trautmann's helmet, nor if you grew up on Kippax Street. The fact is that you can't talk about what the crowd does and doesn't do in a stadium that you're thousands of miles away from better than somebody who was in that stadium.

Are you deaf and blind, just read the posts on here for starters.
Do you think I don't talk to friends and family who go to the games each week?
If I'm not at the games I watch them live on tv and I am not deaf, even the commentators have mentioned it.
Why are you denying Dzeko is becoming the new boo boy, he is not the first.
Everything you're saying is, at best, from second hand information. Someone who was there has told you what happened, or a commentator who was there has said something, or over the TV you believe you've accurately heard what the crowd is doing at a football match. None of those things is as good as actually being there and beign able to hear, first hand, what is going on in the seats directly around you, and slightly further afield. I go to all the matches we play at the Etihad, and my seat is in the section to the left of the away fans, in the blocks that stand and sing fairly constantly. Of course there are grumbles when Dzeko doesn't put in effort, or when he drops a bollock like aganst Stoke, but to say he's beign booed, and to class him as "the new boo boy" is simply inaccurate. Your continual assertion that you are right, without any first hand information to back it up, is irritating.

Perhaps it was inappropriate and misleading for me to use the terms "boo boys" and "the new boo boy" but I have never said in any of my posts he has been booed. I did however sarcastically accuse our loyal fans for getting on his back, interpret that any way you want. 
Lets see how the rest of the season works out for him, I'm hoping he can still prove his critics wrong as we can't afford to give him away if were looking for a better replacement.

adorado30 said:
taconinja said:
I'm still annoyed about his lack of action when Jovetic shot. The only defense I've heard is that it was Jovetic in the wrong for not passing the ball to someone seemingly unable to knock in a ball from a foot outside the goal. That is frankly a ludicrous defense.

Nothing better to do this morning ha ? You have said that already few times on here. He should have followed it, but he didn't and got stick for it. Time to move on no ?
Only brought up because it seems to be ignored in the "He had a good game" narrative. And if this is something that needs to lie in the past presumably to focus on the future, then certain past goals can't always make up for present and future performances.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
He is a sullen fucker.
Saturday summed it up for me.
So lets keep him for the equaliser he scored against QPR.....Get a fucking grip and stop living in the past. 99% of the crowd reacted to his shocking effort on Saturday. I hate to see it and hear it but the criticism is fully deserved.
As I said..chances created to goals scored is horrendous.
Move him on in summer.

Oh and if he scores the winner on Sunday then I will cheer like every other blue
......I will cheer like every other blue but will still want him moved on in the summer.

JasminBosnia said:
I am reading in transfer forum some of you think he was wank today. Why are you so shy? Post here, be a men. Cheers and congrats for COC title.
Dzeko was absolute dog shit today

Hard to think of any positive thing he did today, very surprising to see him stay on as long as he did. Not one of his better efforts, but it feels like that's been the case more often than not this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.