Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
de niro said:
sandiegoblue said:
He may not have had his best game, but not everyone can all the time. His heart is in the right place and doesn't whine, or ask for a transfer. Get off his back and support the lad. I hope he gets a hat trick next week and shuts those that are slagging him off up.

I agree with your sentiment but he was once again dog shit. He offered, and has for some time, absolutely nothing to the team.I rate him but he's "gone". His head and his heart are just not in his game anymore. He moans about being super sub but he's a had a lot of starts recently and been dreadful all game. Now kun is fit we need to bench him and hope it gives him the kick up the arse he needs.

For his sake and the teams.

Bang on.
He simply is no where near consistent enough for us now.
Get rid of him rapid in the summer.

All day long.

Dzeko has had some bad games for City and some good ones but yesterday must rank as one of hiw worst.

He offered absolutely nothing to team. The two headers i remember him winning went straight back to the opposition

BlueAnorak said:
Dzeko certainly had a better game overall than Aguero.
2fishing.png

Barely noticed he was on the pitch yesterday his contribution was so small. Couldn't believe Pellers kept him on for so long.

Sell him in the summer and buy someone with more desire. Time to move on.

BlueAnorak said:
natam said:
today, one more time we played with 10..... is not only that he's not scoring, that can be ok for a striker , but he didn't even move .
Which 10 would that be then?
Dzeko certainly had a better game overall than Aguero.
In what respect? Dzeko was awful, he looked disinterested from the first minute. His touch was once again off, he didn't chase down and how he lasted until 87th is a miracle.

Edin did not take a single shot (no creativity, no quality crosses, no goals) and defended well yesterday, had a several clearances and won many aerial duels. Panti was lucky to have him around couple of times.

MP rate him more than anyone in and around the club.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:46 am --<br /><br />... And he DID chase...

JasminBosnia said:
Edin did not take a single shot (no creativity, no quality crosses, no goals) and defended well yesterday, had a several clearances and won many aerial duels. Panti was lucky to have him around couple of times.

MP rate him more than anyone in and around the club.

-- Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:46 am --

... And he DID chase...
Jogging at a slow pace isn't the same as chasing..

waspish said:
Thought defensively he was good cleared some dangerous balls out of our box

Oh please! We don't pay a striker simply to defend. No, I've defended him plenty on this forum, but I've come very reluctantly to the conclusion that he's got very little to offer. Yesterday, he literally might as well not have been on the pitch. He was given virtually the full match by Pellegrini to strut his stuff and he was invisible. So no excuses about only being brought on as a sub. Now Beast has been off form for the last three or four games — there's no denying it — but at least you could see he was up for it in the cameo role he was given, chasing on to the Sunderland keeper to harry him. No really, I suppose that Edin will see out the season, and then probably be off to sunnier climes in the summer. I'm sad about it, because I thought he was sometimes phenomenally destructive in the title winning season, but he's shown little of that, and the no-show games are just far too frequent.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
waspish said:
Thought defensively he was good cleared some dangerous balls out of our box

Oh please! We don't pay a striker simply to defend. No, I've defended him plenty on this forum, but I've come very reluctantly to the conclusion that he's got very little to offer. Yesterday, he literally might as well not have been on the pitch. He was given virtually the full match by Pellegrini to strut his stuff and he was invisible. So no excuses about only being brought on as a sub. Now Beast has been off form for the last three or four games — there's no denying it — but at least you could see he was up for it in the cameo role he was given, chasing on to the Sunderland keeper to harry him. No really, I suppose that Edin will see out the season, and then probably be off to sunnier climes in the summer. I'm sad about it, because I thought he was sometimes phenomenally destructive in the title winning season, but he's shown little of that, and the no-show games are just far too frequent.

Bang on.
waste of a player we could use in midfield. Should be playing 4-5-1 instead of the Bosnain Tree as the 2nd striker ins a 4-4-2. Think he knows he's off in the summer and just going through the motions.
Well, let him go through the motions on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.