Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from Shite Hart Lane. Performances like Dzeko's today make you wish you hadn't bothered. He was garbage against Wigan but somehow he managed to find an even worse performance in him today. The sooner he goes the better, we are better off without him. Bring Jo back!

I have never been one of those people who slag off Dzeko. Never been a hater.

However, at this point I feel it is just best that he and City part company this summer. I sat through the first half today watching him turn the wrong way over and over, have too heavy a first touch over and over and give away possession far too easily. Moreover, he just looked like his head was not in the game.

I can think of at least 2 chances he had in the first half alone which could have put us up 2-0 if he had buried them. The way Spuds looked for most of the match, I really don't think they could have hauled themselves back from 2-0 down. Yeah yeah, some of you will point out that they scored three in six minutes and such, but at 2-0 down they would have been pushing forward even harder and they would have been stretched easily and we could have hit them on the counter.

I don't hate him. I will not put him down too much. I just do not feel his style of play fits the style of this club. We attack best by playing the ball at feet. We unlock defenses by passing on the pitch. Week in and week out, we use the ball in the air mostly to switch up the point of attack on the edge of the box (Milner is especially brilliant at this), not to find a tall striker to head it goalward. The big ball will never be a regular option for us with the type of skill players we have in the squad. Even on crosses, we tend to hit them low and firm, attempting to find feet int he box - not heads. For me, the worst part about Dzeko not fitting in here is that it left Bobby with only 2 reliable strikers this season.

Don't tell me we should change our philosophy for the sake of one striker. I'd much rather just change that one striker. Any of us could name a heavy handful of potential replacements for Edin Dzeko who would fit very easily into this possession style, up-tempo football we win with.

Sell him off as soon as the season ends. I mean QUICKLY. Not because I hate him. Not because he is horrible. Rather, do this so that we have more time and more money to make the moves we need to make to bolster this squad going into next year. This summer is crucial to our future and our chances to regain the league title next year. When the headlines are written after this season ends, the biggest single reason that we will have lost the title will be our lack of finishing. Even after today's 3-1 loss, we will still have the best defensive record in the league. Goals (well, the lack of them) will have been our downfall.

Edin Dzeko has scored some HUGE goals for Manchester City Football Club. I don't think any of us in our right minds would argue that. Regardless, I feel strongly that it is time for the man to take his talents elsewhere. Replace him with a forward who has better movement and who plays within our scheme better.

And to those who might say we will miss his height and his heading ability, I will direct them to Aguero's headed goal last week. That goal was scored based on a striker's movement off the ball and his getting in the right place to make a strong play. It was scored by a striker who is anything but tall.

Don't mean to incite the Dzeko fans. Just want players who fit our system better.

CTID

LoveCity said:
Danamy said:
I would love to his stats for today, i can only remember him making three passes that reached a City shirt, his pass completion stat must have been shocking

- 2 shots, 1 on target.
- 28 passes with a 68% accuracy rate, the worst of all outfield players except Sinclair (2 passes with a 50% accuracy rate).
- 1 cross, 0 accurate crosses.
- 1 through ball, 0 accurate through balls.
- 22% of aerial battles won.
- Dispossessed 7 times(!!!), more than anyone else in the team.

Thanks for that, speaks volumes

Even Hart started hitting the flanks with his kicking because Dzeko wasn't winning anything in the air, vertonghen is a class act though.

what I dont understand about a player like Edin is that he does not seem willing to learn or take on board the way around the negatives of his game. Quite simply, he is too slow on the ball - he must know that and he must know that the opposition know that - so they will attempt to close him down quickly before he can think about who to lay the ball off to - but it always too late. Bottom line is when the ball goes to his feet, unless he is on goal, poaching, heading or has a clear strike, get rid of the ball immediately and let someone do the footwork.

He has not evolved as a player at all since his arrival at City. He came from being a top scorer in a system almost opposite to the fast flowing, passing game in the upper reaches of the premiership - and he has taken on board shit all. City don't need a hopeful statue. All the strikers need to have vision, awareness, pace and strength in order to compliment the style we are now playing. But it is clear, Edin is not even prepared to try and learn and evolve.

Stop saying we should play to his strengths. A player worth his salt, or even priced at 25m should be able to adapt to whatever system he is employed in after 3 seasons. If the player hasn't fitted in, well too bad, it's best that he leaves.

Rather than us trying to move millions to get players or shift the entire system we have been playing for at least 3 years, just so we can bring the best out of this 25m... well I rather not.

After the Dortmund rumours, Dzeko just looked like he didn't gave a s***.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pezzer2 said:
He has clearly lost interest by his body language. His mind is obviously elsewhere (Probably heading for Germany). He has been an important goalscorer for us and is a top player who gives something different. I just think he's lost his love for us and has been frustrated by being rotated and the way we play. It's obvious he's not happy Goodbye and thanks for important goals you have scored not least against QPR

I will not thank a man that doesnt do his job when he is paid £170k a week to do it
He is a coward and shithouse

So by that logic teves is ?

AntiUnited said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pezzer2 said:
He has clearly lost interest by his body language. His mind is obviously elsewhere (Probably heading for Germany). He has been an important goalscorer for us and is a top player who gives something different. I just think he's lost his love for us and has been frustrated by being rotated and the way we play. It's obvious he's not happy Goodbye and thanks for important goals you have scored not least against QPR

I will not thank a man that doesnt do his job when he is paid £170k a week to do it
He is a coward and shithouse

So by that logic teves is ?
How do you spell 'Tevez' incorrectly?

Takes some doing.

Got to say he was the invisible man again today.Hope he goes back to Germany because he doesnt look bothered anymore.

Love him as a player when he's on song and I used to defend him to the nth degree but I can't anymore.

He's lost heart and he's merely going through the motions.

Total waste of a shirt now. Bad as Mario was.

Akira said:
Stop saying we should play to his strengths. A player worth his salt, or even priced at 25m should be able to adapt to whatever system he is employed in after 3 seasons. If the player hasn't fitted in, well too bad, it's best that he leaves.

Rather than us trying to move millions to get players or shift the entire system we have been playing for at least 3 years, just so we can bring the best out of this 25m... well I rather not.

After the Dortmund rumours, Dzeko just looked like he didn't gave a s***.

Agree with that, a top player works into whatever system. Dzeko can find the back of the net, but too often he looks off the pace both in terms of speed, and his footballing brain.

A good player makes goals for himself- Tevez, Aguero. How often do you see Dzeko truly making a goal for himself.

He deserved perseverance for his goals earlier this season, but he never did it when he started, and now his head has completely gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.