Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always been an ed fan and on balance he has been good for us.The last few games with the injuries to sergio and mario gone he really needed to put in maximum effort but he does seem to be not giving a shit,It started at liverpool (h)for me.before that he was enjoying and scoring.It cant help him being constantly referred to as the one most likely to be sold in the last 2 windows and now this coming one as well,these guys are only human afterall.If he is not happy then he should go in the summer with my thanks and best wishes

TGR said:
ban-mcfc said:
JasminBosnia said:
Edited for accuracy :).

Indeed, Edin aint go anywhere because there is no club who pay his wages and transfer fee. Unfortunately, He will stay till end of the contract.

he will be gone trust me, i'm unsure about mancini at the moment but we will sell dzeko.

dzeko is a great goal scorer but doesn't fit our system, he can be a lazy bastard sometimes as well which doesn't help.

he was shocking yesterday but played well vs wigan.

I agree 100%. If Dzeko went across town to the Swamp he would score a hatful - he really would.
We simply don't play wide, expansive attacking football where the crosses are constantly pinged in for him (or anyone else) to get on the end of. The scum do this week in week out. They win the ball in the middle, pass it wide and whip in cross after cross. That's their 'system' and it has been for years. Its why mediocre players can go to the Swamp and end up winning titles and trophies - the players fir the system and not the other way around.

Dzeko has never stood a chance whilst we play the way we do. He is 'target man' plain and simple. We saw glimpses of him early last season when he was scoring for fun. He's a good player but our system of narrow, intricate, close passing is just not for him and it never will be. We buy a player who is great in the air and then rarely put any crosses in - then blame the player and say he's shite and sell him off for a knockdown price. It really does make you think.

spot on.

karen7 said:
Ive always been an ed fan and on balance he has been good for us.The last few games with the injuries to sergio and mario gone he really needed to put in maximum effort but he does seem to be not giving a shit,It started at liverpool (h)for me.before that he was enjoying and scoring.It cant help him being constantly referred to as the one most likely to be sold in the last 2 windows and now this coming one as well,these guys are only human afterall.If he is not happy then he should go in the summer with my thanks and best wishes
I get it. Thing is he's played the second half of the season like he's playing with a lot less than maximum effort. Ur a footballer whose getting played a lot of fucking money. Get some thicker skin. If ur boss is criticizing you then you need to realize its time to man up. He's getting sold in the summer and he's playing like it. My main fault with yesterday was that aguero was on the bench and should have been brought on but never was. If he's not fit then he shouldn't have been on the bench

I'm over dzeko and I think he'll be in then first flight to Bosnia after the final whistle

fuck him.

OK so from reading this forum for the past two days I realize that the general opinion is that Dzeko and Kolarov (not Kolorov) lost us the game. Apparently Kompany and Clichy (who have been great this season, especially Gael) didn't have shockers and the conceded goals weren't their mistakes. It was actually a striker (with minimal support from the midfield) and a left midfielder (that's where Kolarov played yesterday) who came on as a sub that were at fault for our defensive collapse? I also saw nothing wrong from Kolarov's at all, he wasn't great but was fine. As for Dzeko, yes his performance was poor, but I don't expect a player who put in massive performances over this season (even whilst having minimal playing time) to work his arse off after he's been benched for the two most important games of the season. Mancini has treated him really badly (not only him - De Jong, Lescott,Adam Johnson and his replacement Sinclair) over the course of his time at City and he's had enough. If we keep Mancini then he should go as he has no future at this club. Personally I would rather see Mancini go, there are so many examples of his bad tactics (Europe means simply coming up against better opposition than we do in England and we've failed every time) and signings (this summer) that I've had enough too. As for the fans I find it appaling that Dzeko who's been a real proffesional at the club and saved us countless times (e.g. QPR) is being told to fuck off after one uninspired game while Tevez who's slagged the city and refused to play for the club (remember the Trash Your Tevez Shirt skip?) is being idolised.

DanikElLuchador said:
OK so from reading this forum for the past two days I realize that the general opinion is that Dzeko and Kolarov (not Kolorov) lost us the game. Apparently Kompany and Clichy (who have been great this season, especially Gael) didn't have shockers and the conceded goals weren't their mistakes. It was actually a striker (with minimal support from the midfield) and a left midfielder (that's where Kolarov played yesterday) who came on as a sub that were at fault for our defensive collapse? I also saw nothing wrong from Kolarov's at all, he wasn't great but was fine. As for Dzeko, yes his performance was poor, but I don't expect a player who put in massive performances over this season (even whilst having minimal playing time) to work his arse off after he's been benched for the two most important games of the season. Mancini has treated him really badly (not only him - De Jong, Lescott,Adam Johnson and his replacement Sinclair) over the course of his time at City and he's had enough. If we keep Mancini then he should go as he has no future at this club. Personally I would rather see Mancini go, there are so many examples of his bad tactics (Europe means simply coming up against better opposition than we do in England and we've failed every time) and signings (this summer) that I've had enough too. As for the fans I find it appaling that Dzeko who's been a real proffesional at the club and saved us countless times (e.g. QPR) is being told to fuck off after one uninspired game while Tevez who's slagged the city and refused to play for the club (remember the Trash Your Tevez Shirt skip?) is being idolised.
You must have been reading a different forum, as nobody has said that; unless you're willing to provide posts that state otherwise.

I agree with the poster who says if he went to the swamp next season he'd get 20+ goals without doubt.
Others say our system doesn't suit his style...So why did mancini buy him ??

Just look how far this player has gone backwards in 12 months ..Its nearly all down to the Manager who should achieve maximum performance through the abilities of his squad.

He played him, he benched him, he slagged him ,he leaked stories about him.

I am a Bobby fan but he comes out of this very badly.

i don't think many are particularly slating Kolarov for yesterday. It was lazy arsed and shocking control Dzeko that contributed badly to this defeat. These strikers have got to take the weight off the defence by being neater with possession, not give it away sloppily as happened time and again yesterday and has happened on countless times when Dzeko plays. But what is even worse and far less acceptable is his lack of effort. That is what cost us the game, a decent striker would have taken the chance he had and won us the game and also been more of a threat which is what we needed badly. Mancini should have seen it and brought an extra midfielder on. Whilst Dzeko was on we were effectively playing with ten men, he was that bad.

Mentally and physically soft. Can't have that.

Wish him well elsewhere (Germany preferably) but time for a parting of the ways.

pudge said:
DanikElLuchador said:
You must have been reading a different forum, as nobody has said that; unless you're willing to provide posts that state otherwise.
I think that there's enough evidence for Dzeko, just go through the last couple of pages. As for Kolarov: 'Kolorovs a Joke of a player completely disrupted our performance' ' Kolarov, you can bugger off too...please leave in the Summer.' 'Kolarov is dogshit.' and here's a 2-for-1 'Kolarov comes on-Goes to rat shit

He and Dzeko are just not good footballers'

peter.evans said:
i don't think many are particularly slating Kolarov for yesterday. It was lazy arsed and shocking control Dzeko that contributed badly to this defeat. These strikers have got to take the weight off the defence by being neater with possession, not give it away sloppily as happened time and again yesterday and has happened on countless times when Dzeko plays. But what is even worse and far less acceptable is his lack of effort. That is what cost us the game, a decent striker would have taken the chance he had and won us the game and also been more of a threat which is what we needed badly. Mancini should have seen it and brought an extra midfielder on. Whilst Dzeko was on we were effectively playing with ten men, he was that bad.
Look through the first few pages of the match discussion and you'll find a lot of unpleasant comments about Kolarov. Also I'm not defending Dzeko's performance, yes he was bad and didn't show any effort but I really expected this performance to come a lot earlier the way he has been treated by Mancini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.