Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzeko has had his chance imo.
It's just not working out. I really stuck by him for a long time, but that spurs game was it for me. His first touch has got to be one of the worst in the premiership, it really is that bad. I guess he needs to be in a team where his only job is to put em' in, and thats just not our style.

Fair well Edin, and good luck.

Mrmcfc said:
Dzeko has had his chance imo.
It's just not working out. I really stuck by him for a long time, but that spurs game was it for me. His first touch has got to be one of the worst in the premiership, it really is that bad. I guess he needs to be in a team where his only job is to put em' in, and thats just not our style.

Fair well Edin, and good luck.
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ use him as a make weight in a deal for bale

pudge said:
I'm referring to the "we don't play to his strengths" post, aka, the last post in your thread. Not hard to comprehend that.

Also, why are you so condescending? You have ignored a comparison of our strikers that I made, along with other goalscoring stats of our 3 strikers?

Also, the amount of effort you feel the need to go to in order to promote the one player leads me to believe that there must be some sort of doubt creeping in or else you wouldn't feel the need to constantly validate yourself via repetitive bumps.

No doubt, you immediately logged off after you posted your last condescending rant so I won't hold my breath for a mature, quick response.

You invest so much in statistics and not your eyes, which also leads me to think your knowledge of football is limited to numbers on a sheet. Like I said, I offered various stats regarding our three strikers but your ignorant sidestep of those highlights that you are only interested in promoting your own agenda.

I wasn't really trying to bump the thread with that post (I was with the update) - it was just something that occurred to me that was relevant to the thrust of the thread.

I explained about your stats - I didn't take them seriously and I apologize if that upset you. I don't know what you mean by "other goalscoring stats" unless it's the ones that include Dzeko's sub appearances, which look a whole lot better for him than the starting stats I've been focusing on so far.

I think if I felt doubt creeping in I'd quietly disappear rather than put more effort in, but you don't appear to feel the same way - c'est la vie.

I think you certainly have to be careful with statistics, but there are many occasions when the only way to really see what's going on is to use them - clinical trials come to mind. Football includes so much randomness (a shot hits the post and comes out or it hits and goes in, a keeper makes a fantastic save or he makes a terrible error, etc) and so much subtlety (a defender who does a good job marking an attacker might not even touch the ball for long periods because no one passes to the attacker, and might be seen as crap because he rarely makes a tackle) that I think it's easy to make misjudgements. There are some very knowledgeable people on here who think Barry's one of our most valuable players, and other equally knowledgeable people who think he's shit. That's why I spent the time compiling the stats in the first place - I've mostly seen value in Dzeko's play whereas many (many) others seem not to see it, so I wanted to see if my judgement was wrong. I wouldn't go so far as to suggest I'm totally right and everyone who disagrees is totally wrong, but I think I've at least shown that he's not as bad as his current reputation (on here, at least) suggests.

I've always supported dzeko but his attitude has been very poor recently and I won't/can't defend him anymore

He will be gone in the summer and I will wish him well

JasminBosnia said:
The best striker ever played there, the legend.
Give it a rest will you. He's not even the best striker in the current squad, let alone the best to ever play there.

Dzeko is a good player, but he's not a great player. Aguero and Tevez are great players.

There are various reasons why Dzeko and City hasn't worked, some of them are the fault of Mancini, some are differences between Dzeko's preferred style of play and the tactics employed, and some of them are down to Dzeko's own deficiences. More and more it's been the Dzeko deficiencies these days than anything else. Touch, passing, movement, speed, holding the ball up, basic giving a shit and putting in a shift, all of these seem to be at an all time low with Dzeko over his more recent performances. You can't blame tactics, or the manager, for the on field application of basic football skills being so poor from a player.

Džeko began his career at Željezničar (Sarajevo):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8EbnyDhMhM[/youtube]

Superr said:
Džeko began his career at Željezničar (Sarajevo):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8EbnyDhMhM[/youtube]

A bit like the West ham game on Saturday.

Just seen him sat outside starbucks on st annes square, was gonna ask for a photo but thats a bit gay

CTID1988 said:
Just seen him sat outside starbucks on st annes square, was gonna ask for a photo but thats a bit gay[/quote

you didnt ask him if he is staying or going?that could have saved us a load more pages:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.