Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
karen7 said:
CTID1988 said:
Just seen him sat outside starbucks on st annes square, was gonna ask for a photo but thats a bit gay[/quote

you didnt ask him if he is staying or going?that could have saved us a load more pages:)

He was drinking an espresso, so i would say its pretty nailed on he is going to italy

I read all 170 pages of this thread. Thoroughly enjoyed the journey. Agreed with pudge on most issues.

Even Nasri has applied himself more than Dzeko in the last month. The faster Dzeko's transfer is completed, the best for all the parties. His heart is clearly no longer in it, imo. You can't blame Mancini. He can't change the team's playing style for one player. Whenever, Bob brings him on as a sub, he whines and whenever he is started, he doesn't justify his position. That is, what has frustrated me and I think Mancini as well.

Clowny said:
I read all 170 pages of this thread. Thoroughly enjoyed the journey. Agreed with pudge on most issues.

Even Nasri has applied himself more than Dzeko in the last month. The faster Dzeko's transfer is completed, the best for all the parties. His heart is clearly no longer in it, imo. You can't blame Mancini. He can't change the team's playing style for one player. Whenever, Bob brings him on as a sub, he whines and whenever he is started, he doesn't justify his position. That is, what has frustrated me and I think Mancini as well.
[bigimg]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnui16bwLj1qlkokeo1_400.gif[/bigimg]

CaliforniaBlue said:
pudge said:
I'm referring to the "we don't play to his strengths" post, aka, the last post in your thread. Not hard to comprehend that.

Also, why are you so condescending? You have ignored a comparison of our strikers that I made, along with other goalscoring stats of our 3 strikers?

Also, the amount of effort you feel the need to go to in order to promote the one player leads me to believe that there must be some sort of doubt creeping in or else you wouldn't feel the need to constantly validate yourself via repetitive bumps.

No doubt, you immediately logged off after you posted your last condescending rant so I won't hold my breath for a mature, quick response.

You invest so much in statistics and not your eyes, which also leads me to think your knowledge of football is limited to numbers on a sheet. Like I said, I offered various stats regarding our three strikers but your ignorant sidestep of those highlights that you are only interested in promoting your own agenda.

I wasn't really trying to bump the thread with that post (I was with the update) - it was just something that occurred to me that was relevant to the thrust of the thread.

I explained about your stats - I didn't take them seriously and I apologize if that upset you. I don't know what you mean by "other goalscoring stats" unless it's the ones that include Dzeko's sub appearances, which look a whole lot better for him than the starting stats I've been focusing on so far.

I think if I felt doubt creeping in I'd quietly disappear rather than put more effort in, but you don't appear to feel the same way - c'est la vie.

I think you certainly have to be careful with statistics, but there are many occasions when the only way to really see what's going on is to use them - clinical trials come to mind. Football includes so much randomness (a shot hits the post and comes out or it hits and goes in, a keeper makes a fantastic save or he makes a terrible error, etc) and so much subtlety (a defender who does a good job marking an attacker might not even touch the ball for long periods because no one passes to the attacker, and might be seen as crap because he rarely makes a tackle) that I think it's easy to make misjudgements. There are some very knowledgeable people on here who think Barry's one of our most valuable players, and other equally knowledgeable people who think he's shit. That's why I spent the time compiling the stats in the first place - I've mostly seen value in Dzeko's play whereas many (many) others seem not to see it, so I wanted to see if my judgement was wrong. I wouldn't go so far as to suggest I'm totally right and everyone who disagrees is totally wrong, but I think I've at least shown that he's not as bad as his current reputation (on here, at least) suggests.

Once a City fan has it in for you, you're dust, any objectivity goes out the window. The onl things they will remember are the things that go wrong.

What people seem to forget is we need 4 quality strikers but it is impossible to have four 'aguero' as they simply will not accept playing half the games. Dzeko as proven by your stats is top drawer but not quite at the level 'stats or not' of aguero for overall contribution, goals, link up play, assists etc

However he seems happy, or at least leant doesnt problems in the squad, when he isn't an automatic starter. Anyone who try's to argue he isn't quality however simply hasnt any clue imo

noise said:
For posterity: be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.
Get what?

Rid of a player who clearly doesn't give a shit about the team or the club and in his last game put in one of the worst performances I have seen from a professional footballer?

I hope we "do get it".

CTID101 said:
noise said:
For posterity: be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.
Get what?

Rid of a player who clearly doesn't give a shit about the team or the club and in his last game put in one of the worst performances I have seen from a professional footballer?

I hope we "do get it".

Do you not remember Lee Peacock, shudders.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynQJaFuhQO8[/youtube]

RESPECT!<br /><br />-- Fri May 03, 2013 2:52 pm --<br /><br />[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYbvY2ZZrnE[/youtube]

RESPECT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.