Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

pominoz said:
EaglesFan said:
Forward's primary task - score goals.

Edin Dzeko = goals. Bags of goals. Crucial goals.

So when guys like Benarbia, Seosa etc. call this guy a "donkey" I ask myself do they realize how ridiculous they sound? It is downright funny :-)

It's like calling Bolt a snail. Or calling Ray Lewis "soft". Its just unbelievably dumb...so it is all getting kind of funny to me :-)

As a reminder: If it wasnt for Edin Dzeko you wouldnt be holding League Cup trophy (equalizer at Notts at 80th minute) or PL title (equalizer vs QPR, 89th minute)...

The choice is yours. I hope you choose to talk sense.

Who is to say that if we had another striker, that cost about the same but was more consistent, that we would not have had the title sown up weeks earlier?
Your golden boy did not win the title on his own.

Now that's it's ok to say such things out loud, Maybe Dzeko's problem has really been about how Mancini asked him to play all along?

A mention in a thread \o/

He's a donkey - a decent striker would have scored 40 with the chances he's had this season, he's just too wasteful

WimbledonRd said:
Sulky and disheartened?

That sounds reasonable. I can agree with that assessment.

But it raises another question: if a sulky and disheartened bench player replacing the two main (non-sulky and non-disheartened) strikers scores more goals than those two strikers, then how come he is not the main striker and how much would he have scored had he not been a bench player (which caused the sulkiness and disheartedness)?

That is a good question, isn't it. For all the running around Tevez ratio still does not match the sulker's.

This is probably the best tactic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PgRbwml9rg[/youtube]

2:14 !! or 3:30

Edin+Dzeko+adidas+Predator+Lethal+Zones+Launch+YMIdqJD0n4ex.jpg

WimbledonRd said:
Sulky and disheartened?

But it raises another question: if a sulky and disheartened bench player replacing the two main (non-sulky and non-disheartened) strikers scores more goals than those two strikers, then how come he is not the main striker and how much would he have scored had he not been a bench player (which caused the sulkiness and disheartedness)?
But he hasn't scored more goals than Tevez and Aguero this season?

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Phuket Blue said:
Now that's it's ok to say such things out loud, Maybe Dzeko's problem has really been about how Mancini asked him to play all along?

Didn't we all think that dzeko wasn't suited to mancini's system? If he played the same minutes as michu & benteke he would have just as many goals. probably more. I think pellegrini could get more out of him.

man, that 2009 video of all his goals reminds me why i needed to change underwear after we signed him. He's such a class finisher inside 10-15 yds, it's a shame how much we've pulled him away from goal. He's such a classic last man making darting runs onto through balls, popping a few headers, cleaning up deflections and rebounds type of striker that it's a shame we haven't gotten more of him. He's never going to be a guy who really takes people on the dribble, but I really hope we can convince him to stay and make him a fixture in a new formation. Would likely save us a fortune and I think a bit more "risky" playing style would really bring out the best.

teddykgb said:
man, that 2009 video of all his goals reminds me why i needed to change underwear after we signed him. He's such a class finisher inside 10-15 yds, it's a shame how much we've pulled him away from goal. He's such a classic last man making darting runs onto through balls, popping a few headers, cleaning up deflections and rebounds type of striker that it's a shame we haven't gotten more of him. He's never going to be a guy who really takes people on the dribble, but I really hope we can convince him to stay and make him a fixture in a new formation. Would likely save us a fortune and I think a bit more "risky" playing style would really bring out the best.
totally agree with this. It's criminal how we've failed to get the best out of Dzeko

That video clearly shows that any manager who tries to play Dzeko as an Andy Carroll, which Mancini did, has little understanding of the qualities of a player like Dzeko. Strange that Mancini "bought" Dzeko, yet didn't have a clue on how to play him.

Dzeko is a fox in the box of the highest order.

That chest down and shot on the half volley was simply delicious. No wonder the Germans are standing in line to buy Dzeko.

15 million, as has been thrown around, would be a monster bargain for the buyer. I hope he stays. I hope Pellegrini, or whoever it will be, sees the qualities in Dzeko and understands how to get him to the monster level he is capable of.

-- Wed May 15, 2013 7:18 pm --

pudge said:
WimbledonRd said:
Sulky and disheartened?

Do you understand the concept of minutes/goal ratio? You do realize it's hard to score goals when you are not on the pitch?

Top Ten: Best minutes-per-goal ratio:

Javier Hernandez – 8 goals in 622 minutes (77.8 average)

Adam Le Fondre – 10 goals in 996 minutes (99.6 average)

Edin Dzeko – 11 goals in 1100 minutes (100 average)

Frank Lampard – 10 goals in 1046 minutes (104.6 average)

Robin Van Persie – 18 goals in 2026 minutes (112.6 average)

Luis Suarez – 17 goals in 2157 minutes (126.9 average)

Theo Walcott – 11 goals in 1400 minutes (127.3 average)

Wayne Rooney – 10 goals in 1294 minutes (129.4 average)

Romelu Lukaku – 9 goals in 1171 minutes (130.1 average)

Mladen Petric – 5 goals in 668 minutes (133.6 average)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.givemefootball.com/331224-hernandez-is-premier-leagues-most-lethal-striker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.givemefootball.com/331224-he ... al-striker</a>

pudge said:
WimbledonRd said:
Sulky and disheartened?

Kun injured still played more mins then dzeko. nuff said really u cant fukin score if ure not on the pitch simple as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.