Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comrade Buka said:
LoveCity said:
All of our strikers are too wasteful, not just Dzeko. However, Dzeko is the target man so most vulnerable to the axe since the other two have better general play. I mean when you look at Cavani and Falcao and who they'd replace, the candidate is obvious.

Does general play win games or do goals?

Goals do but there is so little between Aguero/Tevez/Dzeko in goal scoring this season (Kun/Tev more in all competitions, Dzeko more in league) that you have to look at other factors. Very few without a .ba IP address are going to argue that Dzeko is a better footballer than Aguero and Tevez. Aguero or Dzeko - who do you think most managers would sell/sign?

Comrade Buka said:
LoveCity said:
All of our strikers are too wasteful, not just Dzeko. However, Dzeko is the target man so most vulnerable to the axe since the other two have better general play. I mean when you look at Cavani and Falcao and who they'd replace, the candidate is obvious.

Couple that with the 17 goals each "the other two" strikers have, I would say yes

pudge said:
Comrade Buka said:
LoveCity said:

Couple that with the 17 goals each "the other two" strikers have, I would say yes

but double the playing time..

Comrade Buka said:
LoveCity said:

Yes.

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
Comrade Buka said:

That's not what he asked though is it?

Also, double the playing time would mean Tevez and Aguero would have to have played over 4,500 minutes.

They haven't, but nice try.

Dzeko - 2414 minutes
Tevez - 3319 minutes
Aguero - 2678 minutes

Hardly "double" is it? But what reason would you have to exaggerate?...

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
Comrade Buka said:

If Dzecko plays they play behind him, Dzecko never plays attacking midfield like the other two. Who ever is the one up in that team has to score with the amount of chances created.

Kun Aguero said:
Jaques said:
gioswingmirrors said:
Indeed, that was my first post on here but I have been a regular reader for years. That yours should prompt me to actually respond, given the garbage that is often spouted, should tell you just how incomprehensibly stupid I thought your retort was.

I may be wrong sir, and no offence, but you sound a little like someone who attaches himself to a club when a player from your country/region/star system joins them.

I concede that I am not the greatest fan of your man, Edin, having nicknamed him 'Edin the Elephant' quite a long time ago. Does this make me 'Anti Dzeko' - No. Well, yeah, probably.

'Oh but his ratio of goals to minutes on the pitch... blah de irrelevant blah.'

I am not really interested in stats as they can often betray the full story, which in the case of the elephant is this... He. Isn't. Very. Good.

Said many times before (look, I do read) his first touch is lamentable, he offers the strength of a lion savaged giraffe, has legs are heavier than a fat Dawn French, (google her) and he hides. That's right, he hides, running into channels where he knows he won't be an option.

Add to that a work ethic that can be best described as 'cannot be arsed' and we have your poster boy Edin Dzeko!!!

To put him in the same post as David Silva is a little like comparing Benarbia with Steve Kinsey!!! (Again... google them)
Please first check FAQ of this forum to learn how to quote.

Second, I am not Dzeko fanboy, I mean I don't support him anything more than Silva, Aquero, Hart, Milner or anybody else in team, actually I support team and club, not any particular person against club.

Third sir, what made you to write your first two and only posts on our bench player thread? Tell us main reason what you are doing here? Yes we are pissed all because they lost from Wigan, but we cannot blame Dzeko for that, he was on bench, and our "genius" from Italy kept him on bench until last 30 sec of match I suppose he want to help Wigan to win that game, so he used Dzeko replacement in last minute to "buy" time for Wigan.

In the past Dzeko was not our biggest problem, so I don't understand why we had so big thread about him, and answer is because of the hate of anti-Edin brigade. I don't know reasons for that hate, but it is obvious.

So if Dzeko this season failed on bench, and he is still our top scorer in league, what is disgrace that our supersub scored the most goals this season, than what was happened with our manager and first team players, why they failed against Wigan? Like you see, I don't call anybody with ugly names, I still support them very much, but we need to found what was a problem and we need to fix that problem. What I am sure is that Dzeko is not our main problem, and even he is not our problem, because he had a status of bench player, and even like that kind of the player, he scored most goals this season. So if he scored most this season, than our main players must score much more than he was. Dzeko did his part, he is here to score goals, and he did his job. Yes, he looked laisy, he was not active enough on field when Mancini gave him a chance, but I am not sure, perhaps he was pissed on Mancini or with his status in club, I don't know about that, but if I am him, and if I wish to stay, I will be much more active.

But again, I think we don't even have a problem with strikers, we need good connection between defense and strikers, so that mean we need much better middle field, we need wings, and we need to play much faster than we play now. Our contra-attacks are slow motion, and finally our main problem was incompetent manager. So club recognized main problem, and they will fix that problem, for rest, we will see.

Dzeko ex girlfriend?

This made me laugh out loud.

Do what I do mate.. when I read Jaques posts I imagine Idi Amin is saying it..

Honest to god it works :)

I see some City fans are still thinking that Dzeko or Tevez should be replaced...

Cold, hard fact is - neither of them should, our strikers are good enough. Who should be replaced is Barry and/or Garcia and/or Nasri - cause our midfield was fucking DREADFUL all season long.

Strikers, as "wasteful" as they are scored 50 goals...our midfield scored what, FIVE??

Not to talk about general creative midfield play - as, apart from Silva, there is none.

You are all looking at the wrong part of the pitch, I tell you.

EaglesFan said:
I see some City fans are still thinking that Dzeko or Tevez should be replaced...

Cold, hard fact is - neither of them should, our strikers are good enough. Who should be replaced is Barry and/or Garcia and/or Nasri - cause our midfield was fucking DREADFUL all season long.

Strikers, as "wasteful" as they are scored 50 goals...our midfield scored what, FIVE??

Not to talk about general creative midfield play - as, apart from Silva, there is none.

If Spuds or the Dippers had Dzeko,they would have a CL place already..

EaglesFan said:

Actually, according to Opta Silva has created the second most chances (including assists) in the league.

Whilst Nasri has created the second most, what they call, clear cut chances in the league this season.

A lack of shooting in general has cost us but our strikers need to be more clinical than our midfield needs to be more creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.