Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
That's certainly true and without wanting to start this up again, if someone asks the question "who's scored the most goals this season, including the Community Shield", then you're right that the correct answer is Tevez and Aguero. And you're also right about Tevez' playing time not being double that of Dzeko. However, it's a bit unfair to paint the pro-Dzeko side as being unilaterally unfair manipulators of the stats. Perhaps you feel justified in your criticism and baiting because they started it (and I'm certainly not going to trawl through this and all the other similar threads to investigate that possibility).

However, attacking Anti-United's exaggeration of the playing time numbers is creating a bit of a straw man; even though his numbers are off, I don't think anyone could honestly argue that playing time is an irrelevant factor if we're judging goal scoring (unless you're really trying to support an agenda). But as I wrote recently (in this thread, I think), I don't even consider Tevez to be playing as a striker half the time (don't quote me on the half...), so it's almost a moot point to compare goal-scoring stats for the two of them anyway.

Can we not leave it by saying that (a) none of our strikers are "shit" (by any measure) (b) all of our strikers are capable of scoring a lot of goals when playing as a striker (c) we can all trot out stats that support our own views, but they're not likely to change anyone else's views (d) we all have our favorites (5) what we think will have no effect on whether any of the strikers goes this summer anyway.
None of our striker's our shit, that's true. In fact;

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=263506&hilit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=263506&hilit</a>

I don't know where the "pudge hates Dzeko" label originated, I don't shy away from criticising players but I don't do it unfairly or without reason.

I just don't like seeing unbalanced posts, like you say everyone has their favourite player but that doesn't mean other players should get brought down in favour of that player. Yes, Dzeko is our top goal scorer in the league and I've said that. but when posters constantly qualify like that ignoring overall records, or even saying "he has outscored Aguero and Tevez this season" it's simply to promote him above the other strikers as well as being misleading.

Also, I know Tevez scored in the Community Shield but even if you take that away he still has 16 goals, one behind Sergio who would be top with 17. However, both of those figures are drastically lower than they should be, as is Dzeko's with 15. All three have underperformed this season.

like i said before and a probably a trillion times on other threads keep the same strikers dont fukin spend 45 what ever on that fraud cavani. buy world class width and midfielders and we win the league simple as that.
I see where you are coming from but there is no denying the amount of times where we have created chances this season and our forward play has been found wanting. I am tempted though to, instead of getting Cavani, getting players like Isco, Fernandinho, Kondogbia, winger (Navas/Robben) and seeing what Dzeko/Tevez/Aguero/Guidetti do next season with improved service.

pudge said:
I don't know where the "pudge hates Dzeko" label originated, I don't shy away from criticising players but I don't do it unfairly or without reason.

Nobody, at least not me, claimed you hate Dzeko. What the poster before said can be interpreted in many ways, you interpreted it in one way, I pointed out it can be interpreted in another way. The absolute amount of goals is of course interesting. But a deeper understanding of that statistic is, at least for me, more interesting.

Semantics are of no real interest to me. The internet and ones internet reputation in regard to something as trivial as football I suspect has no real bearing on anything but ones ego.

LoveCity said:
Goals do but there is so little between Aguero/Tevez/Dzeko in goal scoring this season (Kun/Tev more in all competitions, Dzeko more in league) that you have to look at other factors. Very few without a .ba IP address are going to argue that Dzeko is a better footballer than Aguero and Tevez. Aguero or Dzeko - who do you think most managers would sell/sign?

We both know the answer to that. However, style is not always better than substance. A combination of the two is sometimes the better solution. In terms of play, Tevez and Aguero offer the same thing, both being technical midgets, while Dzeko offers a whole other dimension, albeit his work rate is in another universe compared to Tevez, but as we have seen Dzeko too does pick pockets of defenders pondering on the ball.

Ibrahimovic once told Pep, I believe, if you think a player of my size can run around like a ferret for 90 minutes, you are wrong.

And fact remains there is a lot between Kun, Tevez and Dzeko if you look at minutes played. Which is a statistic managers are interested in, I suspect. Sans penalties. At least it seems to be of interest to German clubs, lining up to buy Dzeko. There is no doubt in my mind Dzeko is ready to take a severe pay cut to play consistently. He is not getting younger, and he has not yet made his mark on a continental level.

From Dzeko and Tevez, I am not as sure. Tevez is a little Duracell rabbit, but that has no real intrinsic value if it does not lead to goals. Tevez contract is running out, and he is 2 years older than Dzeko. Tevez work rate will decline with age, while players like Dzeko (whom I would liken to Inzaghi) can last longer, given box "predatorness" declines slower than work rate, since it has more to do with instinct than physique.

What I believe we can all agree on is that Dzeko has been terribly mis-managed by Mancini and if the incoming manager understands how to use Dzeko, his sale is by no means a certainty. While the sale of Tevez is fast approaching, given his history, age and contractual situation.

He links up great with David, what about that sublime pass to Edin at Reading? Genius

Oh and by the way what about Edin's very subtle movement off the ball to create the space, plus top quality finish. How do the Edin doubters feel about that? Who says he (Edin) needs wingers banging in crosses all afternoon, there is much more to his game than that, Mancini just never gave him the chances and confidence.

plongo said:
He links up great with David, what about that sublime pass to Edin at Reading? Genius

Oh and by the way what about Edin's very subtle movement off the ball to create the space, plus top quality finish. How do the Edin doubters feel about that? Who says he (Edin) needs wingers banging in crosses all afternoon, there is much more to his game than that, Mancini just never gave him the chances and confidence.
It was a great bit of play but just because he did one thing albeit very well and finished off a nice move does not mean he is beyond criticism when for 90% of the time he is on the pitch he is played short passes which bounce off him, he has crosses fired in along the box and he is no where to be seen, he has long passes played up to him but he can't control them and bring others into play.

Now if this is because he didn't like Mancini or he just can't cut it in the premier league outside of scoring goals. I don't know.

He has had more than enough chances this season to show he can do things other than put the ball in the net like Aguero and Tevez do all the time or at least show more technical ability than Dzeko.

Don't read this as me criticizing Dzeko for no reason, it is just my analysis of him this season, I would love to see the Dzeko that we bought from Wolfsburg. Go back through my posts I have defended Dzeko since day one because I know how good he can be and it is so frustrating to see him play how he is. Can this all change under a new manager, will the team be built around him like it possibly needs to? or has the club seen enough and he is already off?

If we're keeping the lad, then we need to cash in on Tevez.

Either PSG or Monaco I'm sure will still pay a decent fee even with little time remaining on his contract, plus it'll allow us to bring in someone world class to put alongside Kun.

That along with the introduction of Guidetti will give the team the much needed impetus we've been lacking this season IMO.

If we are keeping Dzeko we won't be buying another striker.

One of our main downfalls is having too many strikers who all expect to play and don't get enough game time.

A decision has to be made, sell Dzeko and Tevez and bring in Cavani and build the team around him or sell Tevez and build the team around Dzeko. Spending the cash from Mario and Tevez on someone like Lamela, Navas, Sanchez and so on.

The problem as to why Edin has failed to score a lot more goals this season is down to the tactics employed by RM. this constant switching from a back 4 to a back 3 and then back again doesn't help anyone. Last season we played a constant 4-2-3-1, and all the players knew what and where they were supposed to play. Come forward to this season RM'S tactics have been all over the place 3-5-2 for some games 4-4-2 for others and even 4-2-3-1- for others, this doesn't help the players at all. So RM has brought this on himself in some ways by losing the dressing room, he was always heading for the sack.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
ElanJo said:
AntiUnited said:
teves nasri out then ye ?

Nasri, yes perhaps

Tevez? no. He may be arrogant but he's no Bambi unlike Dzeko

Yeah we should definitely keep Tevez and play him full time and take advantage of his goal per 200 minute average.

If that's the be all and end all, let's sell our forwards and sign Le Fondre...

What's Dzeko's gpm when starting games?

C.bell8 said:
The problem as to why Edin has failed to score a lot more goals this season is down to the tactics employed by RM. this constant switching from a back 4 to a back 3 and then back again doesn't help anyone. Last season we played a constant 4-2-3-1, and all the players knew what and where they were supposed to play. Come forward to this season RM'S tactics have been all over the place 3-5-2 for some games 4-4-2 for others and even 4-2-3-1- for others, this doesn't help the players at all. So RM has brought this on himself in some ways by losing the dressing room, he was always heading for the sack.

I don't see how going to 3 at the back affects Dzeko who is a striker. I don't see how Mancini's tactics were responsible for him making howlers like the miss at Swansea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.