Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobbyLazarus said:
Gabriel said:
If the new manager plays a more open game, one that relies on attacking at pace and counter-attacking, then Dzeko could revel in such conditions. His goals against Real Madrid and WBA showed what he can do in such circumstances.

I'm inclined to agree. In general over the past 12 months Edin has looked a bit of a donkey to me. However, if I look at the few occasions since he's been here when we have set up to counter attack he has seemed transformed into a player who makes the right runs and selects the right pass with uncanny regularity.

So I'd say hang on and see what he brings to a new approach.

And you look like a pig to me, just saying, don't be offended mate. And i agree with you, the future seems bright :)

evorus said:
And you look like a pig to me, just saying, don't be offended mate. And i agree with you, the future seems bright :)

Why thank you. I've been called worse by people who know me, so result!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/sport/football/3344447/Edin-Dzekos-best-goals.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/vi ... goals.html</a>

BosnianDiamond said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/sport/football/3344447/Edin-Dzekos-best-goals.html
This is OUR Edin !!! When he played in Germany, Lewandovski and Gomez were in his shadow...

clarion said:
BosnianDiamond said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/sport/football/3344447/Edin-Dzekos-best-goals.html
This is OUR Edin !!! When he played in Germany, Lewandovski and Gomez were in his shadow...

This. I'm still up in the air about his future at City. I guess it depends on how Pellegrini (if the rumors are true) decides on how to utilise the squad. If he continues with Mancini's general tactics then Dzeko won't fit in very well and his wages are too high to have warming the bench most of the season. If this proves to be the case, I think it will be in Edin's best interest career-wise to move on, as will it be in ours to let him leave.

With that said, Dzeko was voted the Player's Player of the Year while players like Mandzukic (Bayern's current top-scorer) were warming the bench at Dynamo Zagreb. He hasn't lived up to expectations here and the reasons why have been discussed ad nauseum but only muppets can doubt his quality.

clarion said:
BosnianDiamond said:

don't look only at goals, look at the service that preceded it

Love to see what Pelligrini could do with Dzeko. I think Dzeko could be our new Uwe given a touch of confident.

JBG said:
but only muppets can doubt his quality.

Well, I guess that makes me Miss Piggy then. I'm not convinced so that would make me a doubter. I've seen enough evidence to say he's worth persevering with. And if he does turn it around, I doubt there'd be a more popular player at the club.

Perhaps I'm wording it wrong. I can see the possibilities. I just hope it all turns out rosy rather that being convinced it will.

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
That's certainly true and without wanting to start this up again, if someone asks the question "who's scored the most goals this season, including the Community Shield", then you're right that the correct answer is Tevez and Aguero. And you're also right about Tevez' playing time not being double that of Dzeko. However, it's a bit unfair to paint the pro-Dzeko side as being unilaterally unfair manipulators of the stats. Perhaps you feel justified in your criticism and baiting because they started it (and I'm certainly not going to trawl through this and all the other similar threads to investigate that possibility).

However, attacking Anti-United's exaggeration of the playing time numbers is creating a bit of a straw man; even though his numbers are off, I don't think anyone could honestly argue that playing time is an irrelevant factor if we're judging goal scoring (unless you're really trying to support an agenda). But as I wrote recently (in this thread, I think), I don't even consider Tevez to be playing as a striker half the time (don't quote me on the half...), so it's almost a moot point to compare goal-scoring stats for the two of them anyway.

Can we not leave it by saying that (a) none of our strikers are "shit" (by any measure) (b) all of our strikers are capable of scoring a lot of goals when playing as a striker (c) we can all trot out stats that support our own views, but they're not likely to change anyone else's views (d) we all have our favorites (5) what we think will have no effect on whether any of the strikers goes this summer anyway.
None of our striker's our shit, that's true. In fact;

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=263506&hilit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=263506&hilit</a>

I don't know where the "pudge hates Dzeko" label originated, I don't shy away from criticising players but I don't do it unfairly or without reason.

I just don't like seeing unbalanced posts, like you say everyone has their favourite player but that doesn't mean other players should get brought down in favour of that player. Yes, Dzeko is our top goal scorer in the league and I've said that. but when posters constantly qualify like that ignoring overall records, or even saying "he has outscored Aguero and Tevez this season" it's simply to promote him above the other strikers as well as being misleading.

Also, I know Tevez scored in the Community Shield but even if you take that away he still has 16 goals, one behind Sergio who would be top with 17. However, both of those figures are drastically lower than they should be, as is Dzeko's with 15. All three have underperformed this season.

like i said before and a probably a trillion times on other threads keep the same strikers dont fukin spend 45 what ever on that fraud cavani. buy world class width and midfielders and we win the league simple as that.
Given up on Liverpool have you?

No17 said:
EaglesFan said:
I want Dzeko (and Tevez, and Aguero) to stay and give it a shot under a different manager...as there might be a major formation/playing style change if Pellegrini is in.

Tevez doesn't rate Dzeko according to The Sun...

I can see why. He can't read greens and his tee shots are all over he place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.