Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTID101 said:
Your saying he scored more goals than Aguero and Tevez, so did Benteke but I wouldn't have him in my team and I wouldn't have Dzeko in either.

Benteke gets plenty of time on the pitch.<br /><br />-- Thu May 23, 2013 6:08 pm --<br /><br />
pominoz said:
JasminBosnia said:
pominoz said:
So its a race thing, City fans hate white players?
Like i said, you guys are really "special". FFS.

it is all about Dzeko with you and your fellow Bosnian's.

you are obviously not a city fan since you are insulting other city fans.

WimbledonRd said:
It is idiotic to expect that a 6'4" player moves the same way as a 5'7" player.
Edin is not a quickie-feet midget to rely on dribbling. He is a 6'4" giant who pushes you out of the way and smacks the ball really hard into the goal. That is what he does and based on the fact that he is the highest EPL scorer in the team - he does it very well. He would do it even better if City played to his strengths.

On the other hand, Tevez and Aguero play football that is "nice to watch" but unfortunately this is football, not ballet, and their main job (goal scoring) is way below Dzeko's rate, especially considering that City played entire season to their strengths.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

Really? I can't recall Edwin pushing many opposing defenders out of the way before rifling home a 25 yard screamer, for a guy who is a "giant", he plays more like a pansy. I wonder, if you asked fans of say, the top 10 clubs in the premiership if they would rather have Dzeko, Tevez or Sergio in their team, I doubt many would opt for the piledriving, swashbuckling giant.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
WimbledonRd said:
the top 10 clubs in the premiership if they would rather have Dzeko, Tevez or Sergio in their team, I doubt many would opt for the piledriving, swashbuckling giant.

depends on the team really. tottenham and everton would want dzeko. arsenal chelsea would have aguero/tevez.

.allan said:
badman said:
.allan said:
Yes and no. Obviously everyone knows when you're not playing your not happy! But if he isn't confident enough in his ability them surely I'm correct that he isn't mentally strong enough? If you aren't playing then maybe you should be self motivated to get back into the squad.

This is what i meant by my first point. I think there are many players especially in our team that can't take it. You don't play, they get upset, you cannot afford to have that attitude. Take James Milner, he wasn't playing but every time he does, he gives it his best, he has the attitude and application to play at this level.

James is a midfielder. We expect him to retain possession, pass, deliver crosses, create chances, assist, score.

Edin is a striker, we expect him to score goals and he has done exactly that during his time at Man City.

I don't know where this "attitude" stuff is coming from. You certainly don't score 30 goals in 76 games by being lazy on the pitch.
As far as im concerned the positions make no difference. Dzeko far to often doesn't look confident in his own ability IMO, where as players such as Milner always will regardless of how much they play, and not only does it affect them but the players around them. If you think that all a striker is there to do is score goals at this level then i think your mistaken.

Others players offer a lot more on and off the ball than Dzeko does or ever will.

if mancini wanted a player that offers more than just goals, he should not have purchased dzeko. simple as that.

the club also needs to pay more than 27£ million if they want a striker better than Dzeko.

The likes of falcao, cavani are in excess of £45 million.

i don't believe all this "he doesn't look confident" "he's not working" stuff. players can have bad spells. it's normal. van persie had a nine game goalless drought this season, are you aware of that ?

badman said:
CTID101 said:
Your saying he scored more goals than Aguero and Tevez, so did Benteke but I wouldn't have him in my team and I wouldn't have Dzeko in either.

Benteke gets plenty of time on the pitch.

-- Thu May 23, 2013 6:08 pm --

pominoz said:
JasminBosnia said:
it is all about Dzeko with you and your fellow Bosnian's.

Really? I was born into a City supporting family that goes back to Hyde Road (look it up), i have been a supporter for 40+ years, when did you find out about City? let me guess 2 and a half years ago.
You lot are not and never will be City fans.

badman said:
CTID101 said:

Where did I say he didn't. Oh that's right I didn't. Stop making things up.

JasminBosnia said:
Barry gets the stick but less than Edin and most of you forget his bad games as soon as he pull world class performance once awhile. Yaya underperformed all year, was lazy on the pitch but most people praise him because he is proven and he scored some important goals for club. Clichy is the worst LB I ever seen in my life but most of posters like him and were satisfied with his performances, as a defender he can not tackle as winger he has awful crossing and weak shooting. most of the time he back pass and he is very slow. Vinnie, Kun, David and similar players (all supposedly world class) had a nightmare all season but still get good comments here due to proven record in EPL. and so on and so forth...
Thank you for coming. Goodbye.

pominoz said:
badman said:
CTID101 said:

Really? I was born into a City supporting family that goes back to Hyde Road (look it up), i have been a supporter for 40+ years, when did you find out about City? let me guess 2 and a half years ago.

I've been a fan for atleast 270 years

See. I can make up stuff too.

we have too many united fans here who are trying divide city fans and turn them against each other. i suspect you are one of them.

badman said:
pominoz said:
badman said:

we have too many united fans here who are trying divide city fans and turn them against each other. i suspect you are one of them.

At the risk of a ban, i will keep it as polite as i can, go fuck yourself, you plastic twat.

And I've been a fan since 1888 when it was AAFC.
Fought in WW1 and WW2.
Got in a fight with Churchill for talkin' shit.

:-)

God, I love this nonsense forum!

pominoz said:
badman said:
pominoz said:

At the risk of a ban, i will keep it as polite as i can, go fuck yourself, you plastic twat.
can you please cut out the personal abuse

10. Treat other users with respect. Anyone who is constantly aggressive or confrontational will face action. If something (or someone) winds you up easily walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.