Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite frankly none of our strikers were clinical this year.
So why are you all on dzekos ass? Just because Mancini didn't favor him?
Personally I think he will step up with a new manager and something to prove. But quite frankly all of our strikers need a fire up their asses.

Sell this guy at first chance, there are tonnes better out there, do not put our faith in this guy for next season... probably a smashing fella but he is just not good enough.

AntiUnited said:
No17 said:
BosnianDiamond said:
Latvia parked the bus in the first half with 9 players in the box. I didn't see any clearcut chances that Dzeko supposedly missed. He played really well in this match and the scoreline reflects that. He held the ball up, got everyone involved with his passing, and scored a nice goal.

Haris Medjunanin had the best goal from long distance.

I'm sorry but no clear cut chances? 4 minutes in 5 yards out blasted it over the bar...then again a bit later with his left miskicked one across the goal...was better in the second half but again not on the level where he can and should be...

and yet still scored...

should have had 4

AntiUnited said:
No17 said:
BosnianDiamond said:
Latvia parked the bus in the first half with 9 players in the box. I didn't see any clearcut chances that Dzeko supposedly missed. He played really well in this match and the scoreline reflects that. He held the ball up, got everyone involved with his passing, and scored a nice goal.

Haris Medjunanin had the best goal from long distance.

I'm sorry but no clear cut chances? 4 minutes in 5 yards out blasted it over the bar...then again a bit later with his left miskicked one across the goal...was better in the second half but again not on the level where he can and should be...

and yet still scored...
You seem to be having difficulty understanding what people are saying tonight. I haven't seen one person deny that he has scored against the mighty Latvians. People ARE saying that he misses too many chances for a supposedly top notch striker.

30 goals in 54 internationals, not all against Latvia. He is obviously a good forward if teams play to his strengths. But, i wouldnt play my team round him, and his other aspects are not good enough for a top 4 premier team. Rather keep him at moment though as we could be in the mire if Tevez goes and we dont get Cavani.

AntiUnited said:
CTID101 said:
yozzer said:
the tossa has just scored
Against the mighty Latvia.

Did his usual shite in the first half though, missed loads of chances.

For someone who is apparently "CLINICAL" he could have done himself a favour and finished the chances off.

lol.... He scored get over it.
Get over it?

What about the games when he doesn't score? but still has a touch of an elephant, struggles to lift his feet off the ground to win a header, hold the ball up and bring others into play and generally you know be a footballer not just a tap in merchant.

No17 said:
AntiUnited said:
No17 said:

and yet still scored...

should have had 4

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Should have
Would have
Could have

He scored a goal, bottom line. The end result was 5-0. I don't think anyone other then the negative nancies in this thread care about his 'missed' chances in a game that was decided within the first 15 minutes.

I didn't see anything wrong with Edin today, terrible service in the first, second half picked himself up quite a bit, his passing was good, his hold up play was good, his shots a bit off the mark but considering this is off-season I can't blame him.

Just because he missed a couple chances doesn't mean the chances weren't there, if you get barely any service you have to make the shots count. However BiH completely dominated possession and played right outside the box trying to involve the entire team instead of just picking out Edin who was double teamed constantly. The team picked up the rest of the pieces, the strikers got on the score card among a few others, defense looked healthy(ish) and BiH picked up 3 points for their first trip to a WC.

Unlike some of you, I am going to enjoy the victory, enjoy Edin's contribution and look forward to the 10th.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:43 pm --<br /><br />
CTID101 said:
AntiUnited said:
CTID101 said:
Against the mighty Latvia.

Did his usual shite in the first half though, missed loads of chances.

For someone who is apparently "CLINICAL" he could have done himself a favour and finished the chances off.

lol.... He scored get over it.
Get over it?

What about the games when he doesn't score? but still has a touch of an elephant, struggles to lift his feet off the ground to win a header, hold the ball up and bring others into play and generally you know be a footballer not just a tap in merchant.

Don't feed the troll, this guy has no clue what he's talking about.

PNWBlue said:
Personally I think he will step up with a new manager and something to prove. But quite frankly all of our strikers need a fire up their asses.

agreed.

de niro said:
PNWBlue said:

agreed.

Yep

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
No17 said:
AntiUnited said:
and yet still scored...

should have had 4

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Should have
Would have
Could have

He scored a goal, bottom line. The end result was 5-0. I don't think anyone other then the negative nancies in this thread care about his 'missed' chances in a game that was decided within the first 15 minutes.

I didn't see anything wrong with Edin today, terrible service in the first, second half picked himself up quite a bit, his passing was good, his hold up play was good, his shots a bit off the mark but considering this is off-season I can't blame him.

Just because he missed a couple chances doesn't mean the chances weren't there, if you get barely any service you have to make the shots count. However BiH completely dominated possession and played right outside the box trying to involve the entire team instead of just picking out Edin who was double teamed constantly. The team picked up the rest of the pieces, the strikers got on the score card among a few others, defense looked healthy(ish) and BiH picked up 3 points for their first trip to a WC.

Unlike some of you, I am going to enjoy the victory, enjoy Edin's contribution and look forward to the 10th.
That's the luxury afforded to a team when playing against 10 men for 80 minutes tbf...

We've seen Tevez's goals against lower league teams be cast aside and down played but when Dzeko scores against 10 man Latvia it's used as a smug reminder lol

This thread just keeps on giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.