Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to really hope we keep Dzeko. Esp if Cavani ends up at Chelsea. I know he polarises people but I still think he's a top class centre forward and he guarantees you goals.

BillyShears said:
I'm beginning to really hope we keep Dzeko. Esp if Cavani ends up at Chelsea. I know he polarises people but I still think he's a top class centre forward and he guarantees you goals.

You probably think I lost the plot on this one, but if the price is right Mario Gomez might be a better option. Dzeko's heart isn't at the club and we have already made a balls up at the start of last season in trying to sell him.

Ray78 said:
BillyShears said:

You probably think I lost the plot on this one, but if the price is right Mario Gomez might be a better option. Dzeko's heart isn't at the club and we have already made a balls up at the start of last season in trying to sell him.

I think both of them are fairly similar in that they contribute little apart from goals- although Gomez is probably more prolific (read he's in top 15 Bundesliga goal scorers). What do you mean about the balls up trying to sell him?

BillyShears said:

Blimey i agree with you Billy! If we dont get cavani i would be ok with keeping Ed and see what a new system woulld get out of him,he clearly was not happy under mancini

I really don't see Gomez being that much of an upgrade on Dzeko, ever since his injury he has not been the same player and it's probably the reason Bayern think it's the right time to cash in.

If you think Edin is lazy, my word Gomez takes it to another level.

Cavani or nobody in my opinion, it's absolutely pointless going like for like. Plus you have to take into consideration that the chances are Gomez does not speak English, at least if you get another Spanish speaker in the player relationships can develop quicker.

sam-caddick said:
I really don't see Gomez being that much of an upgrade on Dzeko, ever since his injury he has not been the same player and it's probably the reason Bayern think it's the right time to cash in.

If you think Edin is lazy, my word Gomez takes it to another level.

Cavani or nobody in my opinion, it's absolutely pointless going like for like. Plus you have to take into consideration that the chances are Gomez does not speak English, at least if you get another Spanish speaker in the player relationships can develop quicker.

I agree with your point on not going like for like - we can't have 2 players in this mould.
What makes you think he doesn't speak English - I've never met a German yet who doesn't speak good English! His father's Spanish so he probably has a decent understanding of Spanish too

I just can't see the point in this...if it's serious.

They have a similar scoring record, excepting that Gomez has played for a Bayern team who scored for fun and ran away with the League this season. Almost dead even for their national teams.

Dzeko is a better overall player in my view. He scores from a wider variety of situations, plays better on the break and will therefore be more valued by our new Manager.

I'll be shocked if this one happens.

BillyShears said:

Isn't he our main source of sales, though?

Even if we don't get Cavani, if we were to buy Navas, Dinho, Isco, etc, would the sales of Tevez, Lescott, and Kolarov be enough?

karen7 said:
BillyShears said:

Blimey i agree with you Billy! If we dont get cavani i would be ok with keeping Ed and see what a new system woulld get out of him,he clearly was not happy under mancini

Not sure why the detractors of Edin don't realise he loves the club and the fans. You, Karen7, correctly point out that it was Roberto Mancini that lost his faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.