Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTID101 said:
What do you want me to say? you are denying that Dzeko doesn't have the flaws that I listed? and that outside of the odd game he suffers from the same things every game?
He won't improve technically under Pellegrini so I don't know why people think that he will all of the sudden become an amazing goal scorer now Mancini is gone.

Dzeko is gone, get over it.

Oh you mean like all of our strikers this season? Because I am pretty sure Mancini had something to do with the fact that we were 20+ goals away from last years mark in that department.

As far as flaws, he scored 5 headers this season and 1 tap in. So yeah, I'm denying some of the flaws you listed.

Also he is gifted in being able to use both his left and right foot. Which not many strikers can lay claim to. He scored against Real Madrid with his left.

As far as him disappearing in games, if you went back and looked at the tape *cough* Champions League *cough*, our midfield was atrocious. They couldn't win possession to save their jobs. Dortmund ran all over us and so did Ajax which as an embarassment.

Of course I'm not denying he didn't have a bad game, but if you want to use that as your filter then this whole team needs to go.

EDIT: I'll add one more thing, if players such as Yaya Toure and Gael Clichy come out and say that Edin is one helluva player, are you disagreeing with them? Do your magical eyes tell you something that they don't practice against in training?

Everyone's fault apart from Edin's once again I see.

I never said he couldn't score goals, he has a very erratic first touch and ability to win headers and control the ball and his dribbling leaves a lot to be desired.

Very gifted because he can use both feet? HAHA. What the fuck are you going on about.

So because our midfield didn't play well in the CL that is some kind of positive for Dzeko?

As for the bits about Toure and Clichy, they are hardly going to slag him off and talk about how they can't wait for him to leave. Your not that gullible are you?

waspish said:
I think the style of football Pellegrini is going to play Dzeko will bang in 25 goals no problem

I do too. He isn't a back to the goal attacker, and if Pellegrini changes our style to play with wingers...Dzeko could be the biggest beneficiary in the club.

He plays a central, not bit part role this season and I reckon 25 are in the bag.

No17 said:
BosnianDiamond said:
Latvia parked the bus in the first half with 9 players in the box. I didn't see any clearcut chances that Dzeko supposedly missed. He played really well in this match and the scoreline reflects that. He held the ball up, got everyone involved with his passing, and scored a nice goal.

Haris Medjunanin had the best goal from long distance.

I'm sorry but no clear cut chances? 4 minutes in 5 yards out blasted it over the bar...then again a bit later with his left miskicked one across the goal...was better in the second half but again not on the level where he can and should be...

For your info that "5 yards out blast over the bar" was actually an amazing save by the goal keeper which subsequently resulted in a corner kick.

Funny how Dzeko is now being touted as some kind of saviour when in the games he has started in the last year with the exception of the odd one, he has been shite.

If we don't sign a forward and he stays I expect more of the same.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Funny how Dzeko is now being touted as some kind of saviour when in the games he has started in the last year with the exception of the odd one, he has been shite.

If we don't sign a forward and he stays I expect more of the same.

Why would you rationally expect more of the same with a new Manager, a new system and several exciting new attack minded players?

Even the biggest Dzeko critics can't deny that the player who was leading scorer in the Bundesliga and has scored a goal every other game (ish) for his Country, hasn't become crap overnight. Why is it so difficult to see a him (potentially) an effective City player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.