Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phuket Blue said:
Joehannes said:
kara54 said:
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/europe/statistics/topscorers.html

And who is City's top scorer this year? :)

Haters gonna hate, I know. But this season Dzeko is a beast and was miles better than Aguero.
You know we play in more than one competition, don't you?

Frankly, I couldn't give a shit about how many goals Džeko scores for his country.

You may not, but can't you see that the number of goals he has scored for previous teams .....and Country ..... points to the fact that played in the right system, he is a far better striker than the one Mancini has given us.
If he puts the effort in and works on his game. Can't just blame the system and Mancini, Edin could have performed constistently better than what he did last season.

For the 2012-13 premier league:

Dzeko 14 goals @ 130 minutes per goal
Aguero 12 goals @ 162 minutes per goal
Tevez 11 goals @ 218 minutes per goal

* Goals scored in FIRST HALF: Dzeko 8; Aguero 4: Tevez 3.
* AWAY goals: Dzeko 8; Aguero 4; and Tevez 2.
* Defining a "KEY" goal as one scored when City were drawing or losing at the time of the goal:
Dzeko 10 key goals @ 182 mins per key goal
Aguero 7 key goals @ 277 mins per key goal
Tevez 7 key goals @ 342 mins per key goal

Some Opta sports data courtesy of EPL Index:

* goal assists in open play: D 3; A 2; T 5.
* clear-cut chances created: D 7; A 5; T 8.
* Using the Opta definition of assists, the MINUTES PER GOAL INVOLVEMENT (i.e., goals + assists) were: D 107; A 139; T 127.

*defensive clearances: D 17; A 1 ; T 1 .
*blocked opponents shots: D 6; A 0; T 3.
* duels won: D 126; A 113; T 123.
* aerial duels won: D 87; A 5; T 13.

* overran ball: D 1; A 4; T 7.
* unsuccessful touches: D 45; A 44; T 50.

* offsides: D 7; A 14; T 18.
(I seem to recall complaints on here that Dzeko is "always getting caught offside"!)

Quote stats all you like.

What I see with my own eyes most weeks is a player who looks uninterested (spurs away) Is a Mard arse when muscled off the ball (everton away) and who whilst being a decent goal scorer also struggles to make an impact when he starts games.

Mancini may well be partly to blame for this but Dzeko really didn't cover himself in glory last year and how he came 4th in the player of the year awards is a complete mystery to me.

If he stays then he really is in last chance saloon as far as
I am concerned.

I suspect Txiki and Ferran realise Edin is a decent player. And I would think Pellegrini who has used RSC as a CF will be delighted to have Dzeko. Doubt he is going anywhere. Can't believe we will blow 60 mill on Cavani.

Front 6 from

Silva Nasri Kun Dzeko Navas Fernandinho Yaya Milner Rodwell Garcia Barry.

Lot of variety in there.

For me if we are going to blow 60 million I would bring Bale in. Bale and that lot we win the league no doubt.

reckon he will stay in we miss out on cavani.

not a bad thing.

strengthen in creative areas instead<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:46 pm --<br /><br />
robbieh said:
I suspect Txiki and Ferran realise Edin is a decent player. And I would think Pellegrini who has used RSC as a CF will be delighted to have Dzeko. Doubt he is going anywhere. Can't believe we will blow 60 mill on Cavani.

Front 6 from

Silva Nasri Kun Dzeko Navas Fernandinho Yaya Milner Rodwell Garcia Barry.

Lot of variety in there.

For me if we are going to blow 60 million I would bring Bale in. Bale and that lot we win the league no doubt.

completely agree

I agree with Bale over Cavani,although both would be ideal.....

Regards Dzeko,cant see him going anywhere if Cavani does fall through.

If Cavani isn't possible we may as well keep our 3 strikers, Dzeko can do alot better under an another manager, same as aguero and tevez, get Tevez on another contract and make sure we get isco no matter what. Our 3 strikers can contribute alot more goals than they did this season plus disco and fernan bring more goals.

Aguero
Isco Silva Navas
Fernan Yaya

Is a very good starting lineup with a good balance.

pudge said:
1azur said:
Speaking of the return on the investment, did anyone ever calculate how much the players get paid per each goal scored, based on their salary?

Quite often we compare Dzeko to Aguero but we forget that Aguero is paid 80,000£ per week more than Dzeko.

Mathematically speaking Aguero's salary is 65% higher then Dzeko's salary.

For the season 2012/13 each Dzeko's goal comes at approximately 346,000£ discount when compared to the cost one of Aguero's goals. If you include the fact that Dzeko scored two goals more during the regular season, Aguero got paid over 400,000£ more than Dzeko per each goal that he scored.
No, because nobody is that sad and desperate, except for you.
Haha.

1azur said:
Speaking of the return on the investment, did anyone ever calculate how much the players get paid per each goal scored, based on their salary?

Quite often we compare Dzeko to Aguero but we forget that Aguero is paid 80,000£ per week more than Dzeko.

Mathematically speaking Aguero's salary is 65% higher then Dzeko's salary.

For the season 2012/13 each Dzeko's goal comes at approximately 346,000£ discount when compared to the cost one of Aguero's goals. If you include the fact that Dzeko scored two goals more during the regular season, Aguero got paid over 400,000£ more than Dzeko per each goal that he scored.
You need to get out and get laid!

I agree to non football managers that Dzeko can be really good under manager that knows how to use his players, and 60+ M for poacher is insane. Next year under Pelle and with Navas I am sure Dzeko can be really good. I mean he is good, he has(I checked I admit) 30 goals in 76 games and MANY were subs AND he doesnt take pelanties. But he could become our very own Gomez, Cavani, Lewandowski, RVP in right system. And who says that Cavani will be as good here as he is in Napoli? As far as I know he plays in worse league than Dzeko plays now and played before and he sucks for his NT(But then its ok to throw thr crap that their style doesnt suit him, what about our style not suiting him too?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.