Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeven said:
woolleyback blue said:
CTID101 said:
I don't believe that Pellegrini going to utilize Dzeko as much as people think. If you have a squad that contains the likes of Nasri, Silva, Aguero and possibly Tevez. You build your team to get the best out of them. He isn't going to change his team to suit Dzeko. Silva isn't a winger, nor is Nasri or Aguero or TeVez so where are they going to play?

Are we just going to rely on Navas to assist Dzeko?

I understand that you need sometimes a different option of the bench but we can get that elsewhere. We don't need a 27m striker sat on the bench.

I think he will be sold and someone cheap will be brought in as a backup striker unless of course Cavani is bought.

Pellegrini usilised RSC with Malaga so why shouldn't he do it with a much better forward than RSC.
I believe it all come downs to each clubs standars, where ours are higher. Dezkos contribution last season may have been seen as a success at Malaga where here its not been good enough. His goal to minute ratio is good but his overall play has been shit
This is just my two cents on the matter. and i dont care if he stays or goes

Isn't the whole job of a striker to score goals. If Dzeko bangs in 30+ goals a season then he's doing his job. He managed 13 last season in a team that was underperforming and with limited playing time. I don't subscribe to this idea that he couldn't front up a team playing tiki taki football.

He used RSC because he didn't have much choice. An over weight and past it Baptista and also a past it Saviola were his only other option.

He is joining a club that has some of the finest attackers in the shape of Aguero etc in the world. A team that has for the past three years been built around the likes of Silva and Nasri. Diminutive attacking players who are technically fantastic.

At Malaga, Pellegrini built his team to use Isco and Joaquin etc. Not kick and run wingers to feed RSC who BTW is a decent technically as well.

woolleyback blue said:
zeven said:
woolleyback blue said:
Pellegrini usilised RSC with Malaga so why shouldn't he do it with a much better forward than RSC.
I believe it all come downs to each clubs standars, where ours are higher. Dezkos contribution last season may have been seen as a success at Malaga where here its not been good enough. His goal to minute ratio is good but his overall play has been shit
This is just my two cents on the matter. and i dont care if he stays or goes

Isn't the whole job of a striker to score goals. If Dzeko bangs in 30+ goals a season then he's doing his job. He managed 13 last season in a team that was underperforming and with limited playing time. I don't subscribe to this idea that he couldn't front up a team playing tiki taki football.
I do a agree with you, a strikers primary objective is to score. however if the player in question fails with his overall play means less chances for other players to score and an overall decrease in goals. what you need are a striker who himself scores regulary and being a huge part in building and setting up others to score too. At our level and this should be minum requirements.

zeven said:
I do a agree with you, a strikers primary objective is to score. however if the player in question fails with his overall play means less chances for other players to score and an overall decrease in goals. what you need are a striker who himself scores regulary and being a huge part in building and setting up others to score too. At our level and this should be minum requirements.

Correct. If it was only about goals, Bayern would not be selling one of the most potent strikers in world football, Mario Gomez. And United would start Hernandez every game as he has one of the best strike rates in European football. But both offer very little besides the goals that contributes to the team.

LoveCity said:
zeven said:

Correct. If it was only about goals, Bayern would not be selling one of the most potent strikers in world football, Mario Gomez. And United would start Hernandez every game as he has one of the best strike rates in European football. But both offer very little besides the goals that contributes to the team.

Amen!

It's a shame he hasn't burnt down his house or drove his car blindfolded just cos he felt like it, all the kids on here might love him if he did that.

g180aj said:
It's a shame he hasn't burnt down his house or drove his car blindfolded just cos he felt like it, all the kids on here might love him if he did that.

Nah. He'd still be a big lump of a footballer.

BobbyLazarus said:
g180aj said:

Nah. He'd still be a big lump of a footballer.

yeah in comparison to mario who was a genius......oh wait!

g180aj said:
yeah in comparison to mario who was a genius......oh wait!

Wrong again. I'm only interested in the football aspect. I see football purely as entertainment. From that perspective, Mario was a genius and Edin is a big lump.

However, I can see that if you saw something in football that represented an extension of yourself and therefore that the result or performance of the team or a specific player somehow reflected on you, then maybe a free scoring big lump might be more your cup of tea than an entertaining genius because genius often attracts ridicule.

The again, maybe you think Edin is a better player. Fair enough. But if you think anyone with a different viewpoint needs to be corrected, you're a nutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.