Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just Mancini but Lombardo is trying to sell him to Napoli, saying he'd be perfect with Hamsik and others. Is Bob angling for Rafa's job already?

Juan King said:
I haven't read the thread so apologies if anyone else has said this already.

I'm going to stick my neck out & say I don't think Cavani is any better then Edin. I think we should give Dzeko another season to see what he is like in a different system & save ourselves £50m.

Keep taking the drugs son!!

pudge said:
Maybe this is Mancini's way to thank us for the advert...

I interpret his comments as his fear that if Edin stays at City, Pellegrini will utilize his true strengths to the extent that Mancini unfortunately never did... Mancini is afraid of being given a lesson by MP on how to actually build a team that is lethal and motivate players to give 110% every single game.

If Cavani comes now and Dzeko is sold, that will save Mancini from any further criticism about failures in his last managing season. He could just say - "There, I didn't have Cavani on the team"...

Team, as it was under Mancini last season, was not the problem - Mancini wasn't good enough for CIty...

mcfc_nyc said:
pudge said:

I interpret his comments as his fear that if Edin stays at City, Pellegrini will utilize his true strengths to the extent that Mancini unfortunately never did... Mancini is afraid of being given a lesson by MP on how to actually build a team that is lethal and motivate players to give 110% every single game.

If Cavani comes now and Dzeko is sold, that will save Mancini from any further criticism about failures in his last managing season. He could just say - "There, I didn't have Cavani on the team"...

Team, as it was under Mancini last season, was not the problem - Mancini wasn't good enough for CIty...
Plausible theory.

mcfc_nyc said:
pudge said:

Everytime I watch Spain or Barca I see them facing similar issues to what we faced last season, a lot of possession but no clear cut centre forward who can regularly score goals in the tiki-taka system now that other clubs are finding an antidote to it.

Barca had the perfect player for that system but since selling him, they've never quite been the same or managed to replace him..... That player is Eto'o. Eto'o had pace, power, skill, height and an excellent first touch. Left foot, right foot or with his head, he had it all in spades. Most Barca fans liked him but thought there were better strikers out there, so exit Eto'o & enter Ibrahimovic, a world class striker but one whose physique & style of play didn't suit Barca.

Ibrahimovic is technically way better than Dzeko, but as with Ibrahimovic's style not suiting Barca, neither does Dzeko's suit our's. This didn't stop either from scoring goals though but what we need is our own Eto'o. Falcoa would have been perfect & Cavani wouldn't be far off, but no matter which way you look at it, Dzeko just doesn't suit our style.

Dribble said:
mcfc_nyc said:
pudge said:

Everytime I watch Spain or Barca I see them facing similar issues to what we faced last season, a lot of possession but no clear cut centre forward who can regularly score goals in the tiki-taka system now that other clubs are finding an antidote to it.

Barca had the perfect player for that system but since selling him, they've never quite been the same or managed to replace him..... That player is Eto'o. Eto'o had pace, power, skill, height and an excellent first touch. Left foot, right foot or with his head, he had it all in spades. Most Barca fans liked him but thought there were better strikers out there, so exit Eto'o & enter Ibrahimovic, a world class striker but one whose physique & style of play didn't suit Barca.

Ibrahimovic is technically way better than Dzeko, but as with Ibrahimovic's style not suiting Barca, neither does Dzeko's suit our's. This didn't stop either from scoring goals though but what we need is our own Eto'o. Falcoa would have been perfect & Cavani wouldn't be far off, but no matter which way you look at it, Dzeko just doesn't suit our style.
You make a good point however, you wrote "Dzeko doesn't suit our style" in present tense. I am anxious to see what Fernandinho, Navas and Pellegrini add to our style before making the judgement you made.

mcfc_nyc said:
pudge said:

Wow, there needs to be a font colour for sarcasm on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.