Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
berniethebusman said:
CTID101 said:
But that's the thing. Dzeko never will be used how people think he should be because there are too many players in the the team who play another way that suits other people.

Hit the nail on the head & done very diplomatically too, you didn't have to mention Dzeko being a championship quality player once, Im very impressed.

Yes but you managed to mention it for him, good for you.

1dart said:
berniethebusman said:
CTID101 said:
But that's the thing. Dzeko never will be used how people think he should be because there are too many players in the the team who play another way that suits other people.

Hit the nail on the head & done very diplomatically too, you didn't have to mention Dzeko being a championship quality player once, Im very impressed.

Couldn't resist sorry. The more people big him up the more anti Dzeko i seem to get.

Yes but you managed to mention it for him, good for you.[/quote]

Couldn't resist sorry. The more people big him up the more anti Dzeko i seem to get.[/quote]

Im the same but go the opposite way. Hopefully he will do the business and maybe you will heap some praise on him.

1dart said:

Couldn't resist sorry. The more people big him up the more anti Dzeko i seem to get.[/quote]

Im the same but go the opposite way. Hopefully he will do the business and maybe you will heap some praise on him.[/quote]

We both hope he does the business, i don't hate the lad as easy as that is to imagine :) Il praise a change of attitude, i cant see myself saying i got it wrong about his ability tho even wanchope looked top quality in patches.

mcfc_nyc said:
pudge said:
Maybe this is Mancini's way to thank us for the advert...

I interpret his comments as his fear that if Edin stays at City, Pellegrini will utilize his true strengths to the extent that Mancini unfortunately never did... Mancini is afraid of being given a lesson by MP on how to actually build a team that is lethal and motivate players to give 110% every single game.

If Cavani comes now and Dzeko is sold, that will save Mancini from any further criticism about failures in his last managing season. He could just say - "There, I didn't have Cavani on the team"...

Team, as it was under Mancini last season, was not the problem - Mancini wasn't good enough for CIty...
This is the kind of nonsense that annoys people to the point where they wouldn't mind seeing Dzeko shipped out for a three-day old pastry.

Dribble said:
Movement & interchangability (if there's such a word). Neither Ibrahimovic nor Dzeko are as mobile as Eto'o was for Barca or Falcoa was for Athletico or Cavani is for Naples.

Eto'o, Falcoa & Cavani are players who can go out wide & who have the skill, touch & mobility to drop deep & help create attacks as well as being lethal in and around the box. This type of modern day flexibility aren't skills you can attribute to Dzeko in any way shape or form apart from him being good in the box. When Pep wanted Ibra to be more fluid in Barca's system (play out wide, drop deep & not be so static & predictable with his positioning), it was quickly realised that Ibra is a classic No 9 & not suited to that style of play.

As I said, you are obviously not aware of what happened at Barca. If Pep thought Ibra would be suitable at the wing, that reflects on Pep, not on Ibra. A far more credible explanation is what Ibra himself wrote in his biography. Pep was forced by Messi's hand. Plan and simple.

You are aware Ibra broke the Barca club record for goals scored during career start in Barca?

mcfc_nyc said:
pudge said:
mcfc_nyc said:
I interpret his comments as his fear that if Edin stays at City, Pellegrini will utilize his true strengths to the extent that Mancini unfortunately never did... Mancini is afraid of being given a lesson by MP on how to actually build a team that is lethal and motivate players to give 110% every single game.

If Cavani comes now and Dzeko is sold, that will save Mancini from any further criticism about failures in his last managing season. He could just say - "There, I didn't have Cavani on the team"...

Team, as it was under Mancini last season, was not the problem - Mancini wasn't good enough for CIty...
Wow, there needs to be a font colour for sarcasm on here

I agree.. here is my best shot ;)

[sarcasm] I can't wait to see you hit that coveted 10,000 post mark. Hopefully at that time you will master the task of clicking that Submit button and start focusing more on the content [/sarcasm]
So a piss take of a comment by myself is quoted and argued by yourself, even though there were other comments that actually agreed with what you said? Even though it's the definition of reading too much into something.

All because you felt like arguing the poster, because you saw 'pudge'?

Fair enough.

Comrade Buka said:
Dribble said:
Movement & interchangability (if there's such a word). Neither Ibrahimovic nor Dzeko are as mobile as Eto'o was for Barca or Falcoa was for Athletico or Cavani is for Naples.

Eto'o, Falcoa & Cavani are players who can go out wide & who have the skill, touch & mobility to drop deep & help create attacks as well as being lethal in and around the box. This type of modern day flexibility aren't skills you can attribute to Dzeko in any way shape or form apart from him being good in the box. When Pep wanted Ibra to be more fluid in Barca's system (play out wide, drop deep & not be so static & predictable with his positioning), it was quickly realised that Ibra is a classic No 9 & not suited to that style of play.

As I said, you are obviously not aware of what happened at Barca. If Pep thought Ibra would be suitable at the wing, that reflects on Pep, not on Ibra. A far more credible explanation is what Ibra himself wrote in his biography. Pep was forced by Messi's hand. Plan and simple.

You are aware Ibra broke the Barca club record for goals scored during career start in Barca?
By moving Messi to middle, Ibra meant midfield & that's what I remember from that season, 4-5-1 made Ibra, the Lone striker and he began to hate that..... Now all the front players play across the front-line whilst Messi plays mostly deeper in midfield or wings and finds himself forward at the right times, but I suppose its all about opinions & you've only quoted one side of the story.

The word is interchangeability & by all accounts Ibra thought himself above that. Pep was manager, Ibra wanted things his way, there was only going to be one winner. The best happened for all parties, Barca continued with their style of play & Ibra went on to a team who played to his strengths so everyone was a winner.

taconinja said:
mcfc_nyc said:
pudge said:
Maybe this is Mancini's way to thank us for the advert...

This is the kind of nonsense that annoys people to the point where they wouldn't mind seeing Dzeko shipped out for a three-day old pastry.

I don't mind being proven wrong as long as I learn something along the way. Would you mind elaborating as to which part is nonsense ?

mcfc_nyc said:
taconinja said:
mcfc_nyc said:

I don't mind being proven wrong as long as I learn something along the way. Would you mind elaborating as to which part is nonsense ?
Consider who you're talking about. Mancini is far too arrogant (both his strength and his weakness) to think someone can out-manage him.

Mancini failed last season. So did our squad. Badly. Don't give them outs they don't deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.