Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
taconinja said:
noise said:
taconinja said:
Not really. Dzeko is fine but when you have a chance to significantly upgrade, you should take it. Granted, it's De Laurentis doing the screwing around and not Cavani.
I like how you assume he would be an automatic upgrade and not a flop. Dzeko is a more accomplished (proven) player.
We all have opinions. Yours is wrong, but it's good that you have one.
Ignorance is strong in your post.

When on his game he is unplayable but at City this has been very rare. His touch seems to have gone last few months last season but he is a constant 20+ goals a season and he deserves another chance under the new management style...

It seems crazy to spend 50m on another player.

noise said:
taconinja said:
noise said:
I like how you assume he would be an automatic upgrade and not a flop. Dzeko is a more accomplished (proven) player.
Or humor. You're welcome to pick between the two. ;)

I've already said I think Dzeko can do the job. I like almost the entire footballing world rate Cavani higher. Simple as that.

taconinja said:
noise said:
taconinja said:

I've already said I think Dzeko can do the job. I like almost the entire footballing world rate Cavani higher. Simple as that.

Mate, they would say Dzeko is better than Messi. They have no sense of perspective or objectivity. Dzeko can probably still do a job for us but he's clearly not as good as Cavani and several other strikers. We've held Dzeko out to the world two summers running now and can't even flog him at £20m-£25m. If we was as good as some of his countrymen made out, there would be a long queue.

taconinja said:
noise said:
taconinja said:
Oh humor. You're welcome to pick between the two. ;)

Cavani is currently rated higher than Dzeko it's true but. It doesn't negate the fact that Cavani is a gamble, whereas we know Dzeko is a proven PL goal scorer.

Due to the lack of Cavani's record outside of Italy, international scoring record for his country makes me suspect, there is a good chance he could be a flop for the kind of money he costs.

LoveCity said:
taconinja said:
noise said:

Mate, they would say Dzeko is better than Messi. They have no sense of perspective or objectivity. Dzeko can probably still do a job for us but he's clearly not as good as Cavani and several other strikers. We've held Dzeko out to the world two summers running now and can't even flog him at £20m-£25m. If we was as good as some of his countrymen made out, there would be a long queue.
I'm glad that I'm pragmatic enough not to put that kind of pressure on one of my country's international players... although I think Michael Bradley could find a place in the squad. I'm not going to say he's superior to Fernandinho or Yaya though!<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 am --<br /><br />
noise said:
taconinja said:
noise said:

Cavani is currently rated higher than Dzeko it's true but. It doesn't negate the fact that Cavani is a gamble, whereas we know Dzeko is a proven PL goal scorer.

Due to the lack of Cavani's record outside of Italy, international scoring record for his country makes me suspect, there is a good chance he could be a flop for the kind of money he costs.
As we have a new manager, I actually think both are a gamble. Pellegrini's system might suit Dzeko perfectly... or it might be an even worse fit than Mancini's.

taconinja said:
LoveCity said:
taconinja said:

I'm glad that I'm pragmatic enough not to put that kind of pressure on one of my country's international players... although I think Michael Bradley could find a place in the squad. I'm not going to say he's superior to Fernandinho or Yaya though!

-- Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 am --

noise said:
taconinja said:

As we have a new manager, I actually think both are a gamble. Pellegrini's system might suit Dzeko perfectly... or it might be an even worse fit than Mancini's.
Dzeko scored (best league scorer) under a system that doesn't fit him with least amount of minutes played. This season we are getting some much needed width and cross delivery in form of Navas and a few other players.

I just don't see how you can even compare the certainty of Dzeko's proven record vs Cavani's.

If we get Cavani there is 50-50 chance he will score as much as Dzeko did while here. And much less weather he will justify his 50-60 mill tag. Dzeko scored as much as Cavani (also had more assists) in Bundesliga playing in a weaker team.

I am just saying we know Dzeko can score in PL, we have no idea if Cavani can score if he played here.

For Uruguayan national team Suarez has scored 8 goals and Cavani 3 this season. I just don't see how anyone can claim Cavani would be a straight upgrade on Dzeko with any certainty, especially considering what we might get for the price tag instead.

I am not saying Dzeko is necessarily a better player. I am saying Cavani is a gamble.

pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
Proves what?
He cares more for his National team than he does for the club that pays his wages every week?

Our dear blue brothers Pominoz and Anti United (among about 700 others) seemed to have reached a bit of an impasse on Edin. May I suggest the following 'tie breaker'.

'Inners' and 'Outers' each list 3 conditions which if Edin surpasses, would force acceptance they were wrong and trigger a seriously embarassing penalty on Bluemoon.

Sample scenarios:
Outers... City play great football, have a creditable CL Campaign and win the Premier League with Dzeko as second leading scorer.
Inners.... Dzeko scores less goals than Michu, we don't win a trophy and lose our biggest game of the season to a relegated team.
Winners to propose the forfeit. Losers to exercise said forfeit.
Realistic scenarios I would have thought??? Feel free to suggest your own alternatives.
Both sides to then shut the f*** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.