Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edin done decent for City but he aint in the same class as several strikers out there. We need to go and get "the best" strikers out there. Utd would not have won the league without RVP, City need another top striker.

If city was playing fodball like on the start of season 2011/2012 MU would not have a chance. RVP is great striker, however many other factors contributed MU winning the title last season.

"Cavani is rated higher by all the football world" - OK, is Pellegrini part of that world ?!
No doubt that Cavani is currently rated higher then Dzeko - in most of the media and by all sorts of media experts, pundits, and commentators, especially in UK.
However, opinions are very cheap - everyone has one - while facts are decisive in leading people to chose and decide. Facts in football are in form of stats and results, trophies and success, and facts behind Dzeko's abilities and performances are above opinions, media and public impressions.

Yet in 30 years I have never seen, heard or encountered situation like this, in which world class reputation of one player is constantly challenged in media, his abilities disputed and kept under the microscope - like no other player before, ever !

Edin's weakest point in the context of participation in PL is his origin, his background. End of story !
Except maybe Ibrahimovic ?! Uh, of course, despite all his "Swedishness", bustard is Bosnian too.

santasa said:
Edin's weakest point in the context of participation in PL is his origin, his background. End of story !
Except maybe Ibrahimovic ?! Uh, of course, despite all his "Swedishness", bustard is Bosnian too.

Ah yes, the old xenophobia accusation rears its head again. Love this one.

santasa said:
"Cavani is rated higher by all the football world" - OK, is Pellegrini part of that world ?!
No doubt that Cavani is currently rated higher then Dzeko - in most of the media and by all sorts of media experts, pundits, and commentators, especially in UK.
However, opinions are very cheap - everyone has one - while facts are decisive in leading people to chose and decide. Facts in football are in form of stats and results, trophies and success, and facts behind Dzeko's abilities and performances are above opinions, media and public impressions.

Yet in 30 years I have never seen, heard or encountered situation like this, in which world class reputation of one player is constantly challenged in media, his abilities disputed and kept under the microscope - like no other player before, ever !

What professional and reputable media outlet has disrespected, for lack of a better word, Dzeko?

I await a link to a site like Tribal football or somebody's blog....

ManCityTom said:
BosnianDragon said:
Hello City Fans,
I become one of you just because of Dzeko. Started watching City games the moment he signed, maybe missed 1-2 games. I couldn't resist anymore and had to replay to this post for MC reasons, not for Dzeko reasons, since in the process MC become dear club which would like to see on top of the Europe where it deserves to be.
For future, first and most importante City has to change game style not for Dzeko reasons but for City reasons. City tiki-taka was really tipy-tapy which best describes the way they played (it was painful and borring to watch it). On the start of 2011 season City was on the verge to become new Bayern but for some reason it changed negatively towards tipy-tapy foodbal. On the end of the season they struggled to win the title against MU which at moment was not even close to MC quality. The title on the end was won only thanks to individual players quality. Fast ball movement, fast built-up, varaity of play, more direct foodbal etc. is what City suits the best and what modern foodbal requires.
Second, most of criticisim towards Dzeko was at minimum non-objective (i would say with no common sence). By pushing Dzeko a side on the same time tipy-tapy foodbal was pushing up front which negatively influenced City game. Manciny decisions and the way team played were product of same overall negative influence (for most of those I was sure they are not city supporters but opposite). No matter who playes, Dzeko or someone else, City management has to identify those issues and path they should go. Also, no matter who playes with tipy-tapy foodbal wou will always get same (bad) result. Last season was culmination of tipy-tapy foodbal which is not even close to quality you have to have to compete with the best European teams.
As for as Dzeko, he is just one player in the team and he always plays for and with the team. Average Wolsburg team mainly thanks to Misimovic, Graffite, Dzeko, and excellent coach Magath wan German title which is the best leaque in the world at moment. Dzeko was best striker in Wf one season and voted as best player other. For national team was and still is best scorer and player. Was always on the top of the list of the scorers in qualification rounds. At moment he is the top scorer of qualifications and Bosnian national team scorred more goals than any other national team in Europe (again with good to average team). On the begging of his carier he was playing middfilder and his feel, touch and techincs was always on excellent level (coments about his first touch are not objective comparing with other strikers). On the end he is the best City striker. As much I become a City fan if City continues to push him a side I would really like him to leave since he has lot more to offer to foodbal world. Also, not playing is killing his confidence and skills which are necessary for any player therefore could have negative influence on our national team which almost qualified for Brasil.

Thanks and soory for my poor English
Greetings from Bosnia.

Deluded,

Aguero and Tevez are twice the players.

Anyway Dzeko should be sold if the money is right far too inconsistent.

Why is he "deluded" ?!?
Do you have problem with particular ethnicity - maybe with religion or skin color too - what's your problem with this post.
Beside, it's quite thoughtful and has some good points, what exactly bothers you, something personal ?!
Poster was quite restrained in mentioning Dzeko, despite admitting that he writes from Bosnia and he himself is Bosnian. That fact, with a fact that you later made some remarks about Bosnians, makes overall tone of your respond, also overall debate, even more appalling and absolutely unnecessary and unacceptable !
This is really troublesome, but I believe most of the forum users/visitors are equally appalled and would never agree with such tone or shared same attitude.

blink922 said:
santasa said:

Ah yes, the old xenophobia accusation rears its head again. Love this one.

well, I know some enjoy, some don't !
For example, guy called "noise" certainly didn't enjoyyed :

noise said:
pudge said:
I never claimed you were Bosnian

I also didn't direct anything towards you, If you felt that it applied to you then than says more about what you think than me.

Also, you can't claim others are attempting to call you a 'glory hunter' when you have thrown that attack out to others on here.

You stay classy too
You and Seosa ganged up on me via PM's this being the first message:
GQxXN.png

I guess he didn't share that with you.

-- Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 pm --

Damocles said:
noise said:
I see what you were trying to do. You were trying to have a go at me, because you thought I was a Wolfsburg fan at one point. Then you tried to present yourself as a true fan, and me a glory hunter...

It is off topic though, as ad hominem attacks often are. See I was minding my own business until Seosa your buddy decided to attack me for my background. Which you guys dug up, from ganging up on me via PMs (few weeks back). At first you thought I was Bosnian actually..

If I was into conspiracy, I would think you had some sort of an anti-Dzeko agenda. Why else go trough so much effort, to attack those who like him?

Stay classy.

Nobody made a fecking ad hominem attack. Can you people learn what these things mean before randomly spouting out Latin words to make you sound clever? It makes you sound like a pillock. Or ad babulus maximus to put it into your own venicular.
I do understand what ad hominem means, and yes he did make an ad hominem attack.

Noise knows all? Fuck me...

You've gotta love American Soccer talk

is an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument.

And another thing, the only reason we rate Nastasic so highly is that we love Montenegro. We do that, we pick certain nationalities to hate or love, for no particular reason , and then form our attitudes about our players based on their nationalities.

It's fun because it's so random. Who would have thought that all City fans would get together and decide that we hate Bosnia, and so we would never give Edin a chance, soley based on his nationality.

This year I am going to vote that we hate Costa Ricans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.