Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
AntiUnited said:
Clowny said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
I'm sorry where was Aguero last season?

He was injured for quite a substantial part of the season.

I'll respect your opinion that you think Aguero was "better" then Edin this previous season but realistically AND statistically speaking - your talking out of your arse.

Also you didn't bring up a valid explanation considering that Pellegrini plays with a TARGET MAN at the ST slot. So you are saying that Aguero will be playing the target man role that he doesn't even know how to play?

because....

A.) He has no upper body ball control
B.) He is absolute shit at headers
C.) He's small.
D.) He's a selfish player

So, Dzeko "is big" and thus he will find his way into Pellegrini's team, right? We may as well have got Andy Carrol then. You keep using stats, to justify Dzeko's presence in the team. Give us a stat on
1)how many % of headers Dzeko actually wins.
2)how many times Dzeko lost the ball.

Also, 3) how many times he petulantly sat on his arse when he was tackled, cribbing to the referee.

So please do tell me again why Aguero will start over Edin?

A different poster pointed it out, most likely Aguero will be playing right behind Edin going forward.

Why did we get rid of Tevez (our best striker) if having Edin up front wasn't part of the plan? Why tell Edin he has one more chance at City if he wasn't going to start? If he wasn't going to start that means that his chance has already gone out the window and he is in the same situation as he was under Mancini which would have made him force a move out of the club.

If Edin was just going to sit on the bench, Pell could easily have kept Tevez for another year and kept him and Aguero up front, but yet they sold him? It's because they are carbon copies of each other minus the age differential.

I am pretty sure that the decision to sell Tevez was made keeping in mind that he was 29 and had an year left in his contract. If Tevez was 24 with 4 years on his contract left, he wouldn't have been sold, I am pretty sure of that.

As for taconinja293232, when people spout bullshit I will call them out on it. Just because someone had a 30 goal season 2 years ago doesn't mean squat if you are starting or not when a new manager is coming in, so when I ask someone to elaborate in an intelligent manner I don't expect their opinion because I couldn't muster 2 shits about someone's opinion. I expect a reasonably thought out response. I could be the most opinionated person in the world but that doesn't make me an expert on anything.

When you call one of our other players as selfish, you can't expect "reasoned" opinions. Your statement that "Just because someone had a 30 goal season 2 years ago doesn't mean squat if you are starting or not when a new manager is coming in" can be easily applied to Dzeko. I am sure you are basing how good he is and that he is a 30 goal a season striker on those 2 seasons at Wolfsburg 4 years back, right?

People donot dislike Dzeko, but fanboys definitely annoy people. It brings a reaction where people are tired of seeing the fanboys bigging up Dzeko and insulting every other player and even the former manager of the club for their agenda.

Dzeko scored goals while playing the least time on the field, out of position, no service, and with out support from the coach. Simple really KUN WILL PLAY IN THE HOLE DZEKO on top its not rocket science
Not if we play 4-3-3...

pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
Clowny said:
He was injured for quite a substantial part of the season.

So, Dzeko "is big" and thus he will find his way into Pellegrini's team, right? We may as well have got Andy Carrol then. You keep using stats, to justify Dzeko's presence in the team. Give us a stat on
1)how many % of headers Dzeko actually wins.
2)how many times Dzeko lost the ball.

Also, 3) how many times he petulantly sat on his arse when he was tackled, cribbing to the referee.

I am pretty sure that the decision to sell Tevez was made keeping in mind that he was 29 and had an year left in his contract. If Tevez was 24 with 4 years on his contract left, he wouldn't have been sold, I am pretty sure of that.

When you call one of our other players as selfish, you can't expect "reasoned" opinions. Your statement that "Just because someone had a 30 goal season 2 years ago doesn't mean squat if you are starting or not when a new manager is coming in" can be easily applied to Dzeko. I am sure you are basing how good he is and that he is a 30 goal a season striker on those 2 seasons at Wolfsburg 4 years back, right?

People donot dislike Dzeko, but fanboys definitely annoy people. It brings a reaction where people are tired of seeing the fanboys bigging up Dzeko and insulting every other player and even the former manager of the club for their agenda.

Dzeko scored goals while playing the least time on the field, out of position, no service, and with out support from the coach. Simple really KUN WILL PLAY IN THE HOLE DZEKO on top its not rocket science
Not if we play 4-3-3...

True but logic dictates that dzeko wil be on top, and kun in the hole (IMO)

Why does this always descend into Kun's great, Edin's crap?

The reality is they are both very good. They will both score plenty next year. Tevez and Balo were the two who needed to go and now they have.

We do need 4 strikers if we are going to play 2 up top? Or one if not

The question is who?

AntiUnited said:
Dzeko scored goals while playing the least time on the field, out of position, no service, and with out support from the coach.

Out of position? Pray tell me what exactly his position is? Surely as the striker? Didn't Mancini play him there? Or was he playing at Left Back?

As for no service and all, that is b*ll*cks. There were games like the Everton away and Spurs away(Note: He started and got loads of minutes in both the games but was sh*te), he got the ball many times and wasted it, and we dropped points. He also missed good chances away at Swansea and QPR. His awful body language doesn't help the team either.

Clowny said:
AntiUnited said:
Dzeko scored goals while playing the least time on the field, out of position, no service, and with out support from the coach.

Out of position? Pray tell me what exactly his position is? Surely as the striker? Didn't Mancini play him there? Or was he playing at Left Back?

As for no service and all, that is b*ll*cks. There were games like the Everton away and Spurs away(Note: He started and got loads of minutes in both the games but was sh*te), he got the ball many times and wasted it, and we dropped points. He also missed good chances away at Swansea and QPR. His awful body language doesn't help the team either.

Did you sersiouly watch any of the games this season? hes been on the wings and outside of the box more then in DUE TO NO SERVICE IN THE BOX. This has been rectified with jessus on the wings. He should have no excuse being outside anymore since (i believe) kun will be doing the out side of the box stuff.

AntiUnited said:
Clowny said:
AntiUnited said:

Did you sersiouly watch any of the games this season? hes been on the wings and outside of the box more then in DUE TO NO SERVICE IN THE BOX. This has been rectified with jessus on the wings. He should have no excuse being outside anymore since (i believe) kun will be doing the out side of the box stuff.

That's a self fulfilling prophecy though, there won't be any service into the box if there's no-one there.

It's good to see the bosnian fanboys have moved on from Silva as being the selfish player though, showing some progression at least. Maybe in another 300 pages we'll get some form of admission that Dzeko once made a mistake and in a 1000 pages or so we might get some realisation that he contributed to him not getting picked through a series of lacklustre performances.

without a dream said:
AntiUnited said:
Clowny said:

That's a self fulfilling prophecy though, there won't be any service into the box if there's no-one there.

It's good to see the bosnian fanboys have moved on from Silva as being the selfish player though, showing some progression at least. Maybe in another 300 pages we'll get some form of admission that Dzeko once made a mistake and in a 1000 pages or so we might get some realisation that he contributed to him not getting picked through a series of lacklustre performances.

lal not bosnian move along

AntiUnited said:
without a dream said:
AntiUnited said:

lal not bosnian move along

You didn't call Aguero selfish though unless I'm mistaken? I would hope you weren't one of the people idiotic enough to call Spanish Dave selfish, so it wasn't really aimed at you.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
If Edin stays and is a key part in our plans for the season,playing regularly he will score 25 goals for us.

In all fairness, I got several PMs from you a couple of years ago saying the same thing about RSC, after I had dared say he was shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.