Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Til Death said:
Whichever side of the Dzeko fence you are on, and I for one was a vociferous critic of some of his performances last season, you have to admit that when on form the guy can score goals for fun, he saved our bacon at Notts County in 2011 FA Cup and helped us win the title in 2012
Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and a clean slate and see how he does, I reckon Navas will be the catylist for a Dzeko revival if he stays.. Hope so!
I've been a huge critic of his but we've all seen enough of him to know how good he can be when he's in the mood. He was unplayable at WHL in the 5-1 and I'd be quite happy to see how things work out for him under Pellegrini.

Mrmcfc said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
I'm With Stupid said:
The 30 goals in the 11/12 season, probably.

LMAOOOOOOO

Ok, whatever guy. I thought you were going to provide something useful.

Edin is going to win the Champions League, based on his 47 goals in the 08/09 season and his 33 in the 09/10 season. Shit, I'll even throw in the 23 he scored this past season.

Bwuahahahaha
I'll base it on the fact that aguero isn't absolutely fucking shite.Dzeko needs chances put on a plate for him, you'll never see dzeko score a goal like aguero v QPR or v the rags this season.

He's a finisher, fair enough. But there are players out there that are equally good at finishing and can contribute more overall to the team. He has been a liability at times, and considering he's an old fashioned centre forward he can't hold the ball up to save his life; touch like a fucking donkey and as strong as a mint imperial.

Above is a perfectly valid explanation as to why aguero will be the starter next year, you fucking condescending goon.

I'm sorry where was Aguero last season?

I'll respect your opinion that you think Aguero was "better" then Edin this previous season but realistically AND statistically speaking - your talking out of your arse.

Also you didn't bring up a valid explanation considering that Pellegrini plays with a TARGET MAN at the ST slot. So you are saying that Aguero will be playing the target man role that he doesn't even know how to play?

because....

A.) He has no upper body ball control
B.) He is absolute shit at headers
C.) He's small.
D.) He's a selfish player

So please do tell me again why Aguero will start over Edin?

A different poster pointed it out, most likely Aguero will be playing right behind Edin going forward.

Why did we get rid of Tevez (our best striker) if having Edin up front wasn't part of the plan? Why tell Edin he has one more chance at City if he wasn't going to start? If he wasn't going to start that means that his chance has already gone out the window and he is in the same situation as he was under Mancini which would have made him force a move out of the club.

If Edin was just going to sit on the bench, Pell could easily have kept Tevez for another year and kept him and Aguero up front, but yet they sold him? It's because they are carbon copies of each other minus the age differential.

As for taconinja293232, when people spout bullshit I will call them out on it. Just because someone had a 30 goal season 2 years ago doesn't mean squat if you are starting or not when a new manager is coming in, so when I ask someone to elaborate in an intelligent manner I don't expect their opinion because I couldn't muster 2 shits about someone's opinion. I expect a reasonably thought out response. I could be the most opinionated person in the world but that doesn't make me an expert on anything.

As soon as the thread starts to get on a positive note, someone has to ruin it for everyone.

taconinja said:
Phuket Blue said:
Mrmcfc said:
I'll base it on the fact that aguero isn't absolutely fucking shite.
Dzeko needs chances put on a plate for him, you'll never see dzeko score a goal like aguero v QPR or v the rags this season.

He's a finisher, fair enough. But there are players out there that are equally good at finishing and can contribute more overall to the team. He has been a liability at times, and considering he's an old fashioned centre forward he can't hold the ball up to save his life; touch like a fucking donkey and as strong as a mint imperial.

Above is a perfectly valid explanation as to why aguero will be the starter next year, you fucking condescending goon.

It's a shame to see City fans being as obnoxious as this to fellow City fans and their own players.
To say Dzeko has not scored great goals for City is quite frankly a joke. Aguero has scored great goals for City, so has Dzeko. Aguero has scored very important goals for City. So has Dzeko. Anyone who says needs Dzeko needs the ball put on a plate for him is either blind, or has not been watching City.
Perfectly valid? ..... this post is certainly NOT.
Maybe he wouldn't act "obnoxious" if LookI'maKnob wasn't being obnoxious?
Couldn't agree more. I thought that was the point I made. My bad.

Ray78 said:
Dzeko will respond better from Pellegrini's style of man management imho.

So will everyone.
Maybe Yaya will require an adjustment period though. Half-assed performances will no longer guarantee a starting position.

the problem with him is his touch isnt the best
if he had ibrahimovic's ability on the ball, or even berbatovs he would be one of the worlds best strikers....

i have watched him for the past two seasons and i dont think he and aguero are the ideal partners/

having said that, new manager may get the best out of him

LookIfoundmyKnob said:

He was injured for quite a substantial part of the season.

I'll respect your opinion that you think Aguero was "better" then Edin this previous season but realistically AND statistically speaking - your talking out of your arse.

Also you didn't bring up a valid explanation considering that Pellegrini plays with a TARGET MAN at the ST slot. So you are saying that Aguero will be playing the target man role that he doesn't even know how to play?

because....

C.) He's small.

So, Dzeko "is big" and thus he will find his way into Pellegrini's team, right? We may as well have got Andy Carrol then. You keep using stats, to justify Dzeko's presence in the team. Give us a stat on
1)how many % of headers Dzeko actually wins.
2)how many times Dzeko lost the ball.

Also, 3) how many times he petulantly sat on his arse when he was tackled, cribbing to the referee.

A different poster pointed it out, most likely Aguero will be playing right behind Edin going forward.

Why did we get rid of Tevez (our best striker) if having Edin up front wasn't part of the plan? Why tell Edin he has one more chance at City if he wasn't going to start? If he wasn't going to start that means that his chance has already gone out the window and he is in the same situation as he was under Mancini which would have made him force a move out of the club.

If Edin was just going to sit on the bench, Pell could easily have kept Tevez for another year and kept him and Aguero up front, but yet they sold him? It's because they are carbon copies of each other minus the age differential.

I am pretty sure that the decision to sell Tevez was made keeping in mind that he was 29 and had an year left in his contract. If Tevez was 24 with 4 years on his contract left, he wouldn't have been sold, I am pretty sure of that.

As for taconinja293232, when people spout bullshit I will call them out on it. Just because someone had a 30 goal season 2 years ago doesn't mean squat if you are starting or not when a new manager is coming in, so when I ask someone to elaborate in an intelligent manner I don't expect their opinion because I couldn't muster 2 shits about someone's opinion. I expect a reasonably thought out response. I could be the most opinionated person in the world but that doesn't make me an expert on anything.

When you call one of our other players as selfish, you can't expect "reasoned" opinions. Your statement that "Just because someone had a 30 goal season 2 years ago doesn't mean squat if you are starting or not when a new manager is coming in" can be easily applied to Dzeko. I am sure you are basing how good he is and that he is a 30 goal a season striker on those 2 seasons at Wolfsburg 4 years back, right?

People donot dislike Dzeko, but fanboys definitely annoy people. It brings a reaction where people are tired of seeing the fanboys bigging up Dzeko and insulting every other player and even the former manager of the club for their agenda.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Mrmcfc said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
LMAOOOOOOO

Ok, whatever guy. I thought you were going to provide something useful.

Edin is going to win the Champions League, based on his 47 goals in the 08/09 season and his 33 in the 09/10 season. Shit, I'll even throw in the 23 he scored this past season.

Bwuahahahaha
I'll base it on the fact that aguero isn't absolutely fucking shite.Dzeko needs chances put on a plate for him, you'll never see dzeko score a goal like aguero v QPR or v the rags this season.

because....

C.) He's small.

Gloves are off it seems XD
[bigimg]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lls6nvyEjV1qh31jx.gif[/bigimg]

Clowny said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:

He was injured for quite a substantial part of the season.

because....

C.) He's small.

So, Dzeko "is big" and thus he will find his way into Pellegrini's team, right? We may as well have got Andy Carrol then. You keep using stats, to justify Dzeko's presence in the team. Give us a stat on
1)how many % of headers Dzeko actually wins.
2)how many times Dzeko lost the ball.

Also, 3) how many times he petulantly sat on his arse when he was tackled, cribbing to the referee.

I am pretty sure that the decision to sell Tevez was made keeping in mind that he was 29 and had an year left in his contract. If Tevez was 24 with 4 years on his contract left, he wouldn't have been sold, I am pretty sure of that.

When you call one of our other players as selfish, you can't expect "reasoned" opinions. Your statement that "Just because someone had a 30 goal season 2 years ago doesn't mean squat if you are starting or not when a new manager is coming in" can be easily applied to Dzeko. I am sure you are basing how good he is and that he is a 30 goal a season striker on those 2 seasons at Wolfsburg 4 years back, right?

People donot dislike Dzeko, but fanboys definitely annoy people. It brings a reaction where people are tired of seeing the fanboys bigging up Dzeko and insulting every other player and even the former manager of the club for their agenda.

Dzeko scored goals while playing the least time on the field, out of position, no service, and with out support from the coach. Simple really KUN WILL PLAY IN THE HOLE DZEKO on top its not rocket science

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.