Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
wythenshaweblue£££ said:
I'd agree give him a run of games and the goals will come he's shown that at the start of te season b4 last.. Hasent the greatest of touches but can finish there's no doubt..
You could say that. He traps the ball further than I can kick it!

Excellent news from Manuel Pellegrini. Consider the following CAREER statistics for selected strikers based on performances in the major European leagues (Bundesliga, La Liga, Eredivisie). The MINUTES PER GOAL since their senior debuts are:

Dzeko (2007) 96 goals @ 136 mpg
van Persie ( 2001) 136 goals @ 148 mpg
Aguero (2006) 109 goals @ 162 mpg
Tevez (2006) 84 goals @ 174 mpg
Rooney (2002) 156 goals @ 176 mpg
Torres (2001) 135 goals @ 178 mpg

The MINUTES PER ASSIST record for those same league games:

van Persie 290 mpa
Dzeko 321 mpa
Rooney 335 mpa
Tevez 340 mpa
Aguero 422 mpa
Torres 708 mpa

Dzeko also has the best goal-scoring rate in international matches. According to Wiki:

Dzeko: 29 goals in 54 appearances
Aguero: 20 goals in 50 appearances
Tevez: 13 goals in 62 appearances
Torres: 36 goals in 106 appearances
Rooney: 36 goals in 83 appearances
Van Persie: 35 goals in 76 appearances

With Pellegrini's more rapid attacking style and, in particular, with the service from Jesus Navas, Dzeko will thrive this season. I have always believed that - with the right manager - Kun Aguero + Edin Dzeko could be the most formidable strike partnership the premier league has ever seen.

I think Edin's issue was the way he was treated by Mancini, he puts in a 4 goal haul against Spurs, then wasn't he dropped for the next game? Once Pellegrini shows faith in him, he will hopefully put in more match winning performances on a more regular basis, he'll certainly be getting more of the service he thrives on from Navas, and whoever else we bring in, Jovetic for example, if Pellegrini wants him to stay, then he must have seen something he likes, and with his reputation for getting the most out of teams, I'm quietly confident Edin will shine for us next season

mcfc2607 said:
squirtyflower said:
LoveCity said:
CONFIRMED by the boss, Edin is staying. Big season for him, just make sure he is facing the goal at all times. :)
so Negredo has snubbed us then
we still need replacements for tevez and mario
Bayern München won a treble with Mandžukić Gomez and Pizarro last season. We have Agüero Džeko and Guidetti, is that any worse? Real Madrid have been operating with Benzema Higuain and Morati since Pellegrini was there too.

Guidetti is out for a minimum of two months at least before he can even be involved in proper training so another month before he could slowly be introduced into games with the EDS.

If we are going to sign Jovetic though we could go into next season with Dzeko and Aguero because Jovetic can play anywhere across the front line. I think Pellegrini will rather have another out and out striker however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.