Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
George Hannah said:
A poor player who will hopefully be moved on sooner rather than later. Sorry peeps but I really don't get the hype about Dzeko...Shicking first touch,I have seen a salmon jump higher when challenging for a header,body language really tells me he doesn't want to be here.

So what has he done for us to remember-Scored 4 goals against Spurs and was wrongly dropped by Mancini for the following game. A headed equaliser against QPR-Anything else...Not that I can think of....My honest opinion is that we wont win the league with dzeko starting more games.
you say that about Steven Finn - give these chaps a chance!
You have lost me with that one mate?
Finn was way to expensive and has to be dropped...
I thought there were parallels ;-) In any case it looks as though we will have to learn to love Edin again

Edin Dzeko will sit down with Manchester City in the next few weeks to discuss a new deal.

The Bosnian striker is staying at the Etihad Stadium.

New blues boss Manuel Pellegrini announced over the weekend the 27-year-old will have a big part to play next season despite being linked with moves to both Borussia Dortmund and Napoli this summer.

Dzeko has less than two years remaining on his current contract and City are keen to protect their longer-term interests in the £20 million rated player.

It is likely to come at a cost,though,as Dzeko currently earns £120,000 a week and knows he is in a strong bargaining position.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/28191-man-city-news-dzeko-deal-close.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier ... -close.php</a>

George Hannah said:
George Hannah said:
you say that about Steven Finn - give these chaps a chance!
You have lost me with that one mate?
Finn was way to expensive and has to be dropped...
I thought there were parallels ;-) In any case it looks as though we will have to learn to love Edin again

Edin Dzeko will sit down with Manchester City in the next few weeks to discuss a new deal.

The Bosnian striker is staying at the Etihad Stadium.

New blues boss Manuel Pellegrini announced over the weekend the 27-year-old will have a big part to play next season despite being linked with moves to both Borussia Dortmund and Napoli this summer.

Dzeko has less than two years remaining on his current contract and City are keen to protect their longer-term interests in the £20 million rated player.

It is likely to come at a cost,though,as Dzeko currently earns £120,000 a week and knows he is in a strong bargaining position.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/28191-man-city-news-dzeko-deal-close.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier ... -close.php</a>

gotcha mate...well Finn still in squad - lol...

Just don't get it eith Edin..he has had his chance for me.I hope i am proven wrong but I just cannot see it. I think If Jovetic and Negredo come in he will get less game time.

So what has he done for us to remember-Scored 4 goals against Spurs and was wrongly dropped by Mancini for the following game.

He wasn't dropped he was rested for a bigger game

The Fat el Hombre said:
So what has he done for us to remember-Scored 4 goals against Spurs and was wrongly dropped by Mancini for the following game.

Thought he was dropped for Bolton away?

Anyway...still refuse to change my opinion of Edin.A good forward but not in the same league as Aguero,Suarez etc etc

A poor player who will hopefully be moved on sooner rather than later. Sorry peeps but I really don't get the hype about Dzeko...Shocking first touch,I have seen a salmon jump higher when challenging for a header,body language really tells me he doesn't want to be here.

So what has he done for us to remember-Scored 4 goals against Spurs and was wrongly dropped by Mancini for the following game. A headed equaliser against QPR-Anything else...Not that I can think of....My honest opinion is that we wont win the league with dzeko starting more games.

It would be a lot easier to sell Dzeko if teams actually wanted to buy him.

The Fat el Hombre said:

Thought he was dropped for Bolton away?

Anyway...still refuse to change my opinion of Edin.A good forward but not in the same league as Aguero,Suarez etc etc

I think there was a international break after the spurs game and I'm assuming Edin played for Bosnia. We were at home to Wigan when he got back and he didn't start because he was saved for the Napoli game in the champs league a few days later

B\connellblue said:
I still have serious reservations about Edin and his commitment to the club. His performance against spurs last season was one of the most scandalous efforts I've seen from a city player. Still has it all to prove for me.

Ffs mate,if he had no commitment to the club then surely hed have asked for a transfer??

Mancini used him in a criminally poor way.

Hopefully under better MANAGEMENT he will prosper again.

He has a better shot on him than any of our players and when he's given a run and ups his confidence hopefully he can recapture the form which caught our eye in the first place.

Navas is the making of Dzeko. Couple that with Mancini going and he will have a much better chance here. That's based on him signing new deal, if he doesn't we should sell. I thought he had 30mth not 18mth left.

you guys are too critical of dzeko. he's not perfect but just watch how many runs he makes for you when he plays. you can count runs as many messi and ronaldo do for their clubs and that shows an effort and all it takes is one decent through ball which none of your players seem to be able to do and you should be blaming players that don't provide the service to him like nasri, silva and others who stay far too much in possession of the ball and waste chances. you really need players who have the vision. take a look at coutinho from liverpool and you will see what i mean.

NipHolmes said:
Mancini used him in a criminally poor way.

Hopefully under better MANAGEMENT he will prosper again.

He has a better shot on him than any of our players and when he's given a run and ups his confidence hopefully he can recapture the form which caught our eye in the first place.

Navas is the making of Dzeko. Couple that with Mancini going and he will have a much better chance here. That's based on him signing new deal, if he doesn't we should sell. I thought he had 30mth not 18mth left.

You see it,I see it and others see it,then theres the blind as a bat posse who only see what they want to see..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.