Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pominoz said:
noise said:
Also to add, I can only imagine how Dzeko feels when he's being booed or marginalized by the media.

When is he ever booed?
I think he has more support by City fans at a during a game than any other player.
Forget which game it was, but it was towards the end of the season, Tevez was being subbed out for Dzeko and you could hear the booes, that's one instance.

noise said:
pominoz said:
noise said:
Also to add, I can only imagine how Dzeko feels when he's being booed or marginalized by the media.

When is he ever booed?
I think he has more support by City fans at a during a game than any other player.
Forget which game it was, but it was towards the end of the season, Tevez was being subbed out for Dzeko and you could hear the booes, that's one instance.

That may have been because of the fact that Tevez was the most productive player on the pitch at that time. Why take off the player who is playing best when there were other options to consider.

I feel like I remember that as being a boos toward Mancini, not Dzeko. Never cool to boo like that, nonetheless, I didn't seem to be aimed at Dzeko.

santasa said:
Martin, diehard City fanatic, born and raised in Manchester, elaborated on myth-making with this:

For the 2012-13 premier league:

Dzeko 14 goals @ 130 minutes per goal
Aguero 12 goals @ 162 minutes per goal
Tevez 11 goals @ 218 minutes per goal

* Goals scored in the FIRST HALF: Dzeko 8; Aguero 4; Tevez 3.
* Goals scored in AWAY games: Dzeko 8; Aguero 4; Tevez 2.

* Defining a KEY goal as one scored when City were drawing or losing at the time of the goal:
Dzeko 10 key goals @ 182 mins per key goal
Aguero 7 key goals @ 277 mins per key goal
Tevez 7 key goals @ 342 mins per key goal

Indeed, had it not been for Dzeko’s match-winning goals against Fulham, West Brom and Spurs, City’s pursuit of the premier league would have effectively been over by mid-November. It was after one of those games that David Platt highlighted the critical goals Dzeko has scored for City:
“If you look at Edin’s career for Manchester City, the goals he has scored, he has got a lot of heavy goals, goals that are very important. I remember goals at Blackburn the season before last which more or less gave us Champions League qualification. You look back at last season as well and he got some vital goals. To win the league, Aguero’s goal will always be the one but remember Edin equalised.”

As regards comparisons with other strikers, if penalties are excluded, Suarez was the only premier league striker with a better minutes per goal performance than Edin Dzeko in 2012-013. For the 2011-12 premier league season, Dzeko scored at a rate of 107 minutes per goal (compared to 111 mpg for Golden Boot winner van Persie).

Now some myths:

The idea that Dzeko only offers goals is a myth. For example, courtesy of Opta sports, for the 2012-13 premier league:

* defensive clearances: Dzeko 17; Aguero 1; Tevez 1.
* blocked opponents shots: Dzeko 6; Aguero 0; Tevez 3.
* duels won: Dzeko 126; Aguero 113; Tevez 123.
* aerial duels won: Dzeko 87; Aguero 5; Tevez 13.
* goal assists in open play: Dzeko 3; Aguero 2; Tevez 5.
* clear-cut chances created for others: Dzeko 7; Aguero 5; Tevez 8.
* Using the Opta definition of assists, the MINUTES PER GOAL INVOLVEMENT (i.e., goals + assists) were: Dzeko 107; Aguero 139; Tevez 127.

The worst myth concerns Dzeko’s first touch. In fact, Dzeko had fewer unsuccessful touches than Tevez (45 versus 50) and overran the ball much less often than Tevez (1 versus 7).
Anyone who watches very carefully Dzeko’s goals for Wolfsburg and for City will see that he scores an astonishing proportion with his first touch.

(courtesy of Martin, diehard MC fanatic :
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccerlens.com/why-manchester-city-should-hold-on-to-edin-dzeko/111009/#comment-196027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccerlens.com/why-manchester-ci ... ent-196027</a>)

Dribbling known in Latvia as "Legbreaker"
dxHuQ.gif

nice one, santasa. that should shut them dzeko haters up.

bluethunder said:
santasa said:
Martin, diehard City fanatic, born and raised in Manchester, elaborated on myth-making with this:

* Defining a KEY goal as one scored when City were drawing or losing at the time of the goal:

Indeed, had it not been for Dzeko’s match-winning goals against Fulham, West Brom and Spurs, City’s pursuit of the premier league would have effectively been over by mid-November. It was after one of those games that David Platt highlighted the critical goals Dzeko has scored for City:
“If you look at Edin’s career for Manchester City, the goals he has scored, he has got a lot of heavy goals, goals that are very important. I remember goals at Blackburn the season before last which more or less gave us Champions League qualification. You look back at last season as well and he got some vital goals. To win the league, Aguero’s goal will always be the one but remember Edin equalised.”

As regards comparisons with other strikers, if penalties are excluded, Suarez was the only premier league striker with a better minutes per goal performance than Edin Dzeko in 2012-013. For the 2011-12 premier league season, Dzeko scored at a rate of 107 minutes per goal (compared to 111 mpg for Golden Boot winner van Persie).

Now some myths:

The idea that Dzeko only offers goals is a myth. For example, courtesy of Opta sports, for the 2012-13 premier league:

* Using the Opta definition of assists, the MINUTES PER GOAL INVOLVEMENT (i.e., goals + assists) were: Dzeko 107; Aguero 139; Tevez 127.

The worst myth concerns Dzeko’s first touch. In fact, Dzeko had fewer unsuccessful touches than Tevez (45 versus 50) and overran the ball much less often than Tevez (1 versus 7).
Anyone who watches very carefully Dzeko’s goals for Wolfsburg and for City will see that he scores an astonishing proportion with his first touch.

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccerlens.com/why-manchester-city-should-hold-on-to-edin-dzeko/111009/#comment-196027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccerlens.com/why-manchester-ci ... ent-196027</a>)

dxHuQ.gif

Don't be silly, Thunder. You know it won't!

bluethunder said:
santasa said:

Now some myths:

dxHuQ.gif

[bigimg]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/194/001.jpg[/bigimg]

Sadly it wont

Jumanji said:
pominoz said:
noise said:

When is he ever booed?
This.

Edin was getting booed in the game we won at home near the end of the season when he scored and put his finger to his lips. Dzeko's action was a response to how he had been treated and yes he had t had the best games up to his goal.

I find it bizarre that in Edin's first season he got huge support from the fans despite a low return in terms of goals. Since then, Dzeko's goals record and team play has been good and we get a thread of 400 plus pages based on what some fans think adding can't do?

WimbledonRd said:
I now believe that Manchester City will be PL Champions in 2013/2014.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2013/July/30/pellegrini-dzeko-is-my-main-striker/n235977/

This makes me really happy but unfortunately it will also make some very unhappy..

Arsed..not. :)

-- Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 am --

JahWorks said:
lol people get really emotional about Dzeko here.

He scores goals but he's a limited player. Suarez and Van Persie score goals as well but they have other skills. If Dzeko is our #1 striker next season you will all see early on the limitations of his game.

Mario Gomez scores alot of goals too but you see where Bayern got when they benched him.

And you made this assumption from watching streams from America??

I await your reply to the brilliant stats post that was posted by santasa after your rather lame assesment of Dzeko.

I watched the DVD of our title winning season yesterday (i'm off work with depression and alcohol problems - go figure in this time when we are shit hot...at least when Pearce was in charge I had a valid reason! But thems the dice). Dzeko scored more important goals than anyone else. If it weren't for him, we would be empty handed. Obviously not just his goals, but its a team. And he's just as significant than Sergio. I love the balloon footed fucker. I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.