Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pominoz said:
samharris said:
Yet this is excactly what you are doing fella..those stats are based on facts not assumptions that if Edin hadnt scored someone else may have..

You cant argue against the truth...facts are what 'has' happened..assumptions are what 'could' happen.. Big difference...sorry did I say big,I meant monumental..

We have posters on here who dont rate Dzeko and put him at 4th choice striker behind 3 players who are not prem tested..

Now thats monumental, and not in a good sense. Judge players on what they have done for City not what you think they will do..

These players have a 40 goal deficit 'each' to make up before theyve even matched Edins achievements at City..

The very same way the Pelle has to get 1 title,1 FA cup & 1 charity shield to match Bob.

Ps.thats not a dig a Pelle before anyone starts..

I think his point is in response to all the "if we did not have Dzeko, we would not have won the League" post's.
I agree with him and pointed it out many pages ago, if we did not have Dzeko we would have had another 25 million+ striker, that may have done much better.
The TEAM won the League, not Dzeko.

Dzeko was and still is still part of the TEAM, so why is he getting the grief hes getting..
Surely any trophies are TEAM trophies and failures are TEAM failures and not due to any one player..Double standards if I ever saw them.

What Im getting from this forum is this..

1. Dzekos goals didnt contribute to us winning the title.
2. Dzekos lack of goals contributed to us not re-gaining the title..

youreallycouldnotmakethisfuckingbullshitup.com

Edit!!! 1.5 hours since I posted this and no replies..very strange..

samharris said:
CTID101 said:
samharris said:
Spurs want him,Dortmund wanted him ...........tell me,is that not a major opportunity to get rid??

last time I looked,he's still here.
Any of them made an acceptable bid or any bid for that matter? We aren't going to sell him on the cheap because we don't need to sell him.
When Lewandowski moves to Bayern next summer I fully expect Dzeko to be at Dortmund soon after.

Not if hes top scorer you wont.
Lets wait and see.

CTID101 said:
samharris said:
CTID101 said:
Any of them made an acceptable bid or any bid for that matter? We aren't going to sell him on the cheap because we don't need to sell him.
When Lewandowski moves to Bayern next summer I fully expect Dzeko to be at Dortmund soon after.

Not if hes top scorer you wont.
Lets wait and see.

Cant get fairer than that..

samharris said:
Caveman said:
santasa said:
Martin, diehard City fanatic, born and raised in Manchester, elaborated on myth-making with this:

(courtesy of Martin, diehard MC fanatic :
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccerlens.com/why-manchester-city-should-hold-on-to-edin-dzeko/111009/#comment-196027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccerlens.com/why-manchester-ci ... ent-196027</a>)

Dribbling known in Latvia as "Legbreaker"
dxHuQ.gif
The thing is about this sort of thing is, who's to say someone else wouldn't have scored those goals at the times Džeko did? The team created the chances for him to score, so it's very likely that they could have created the chance for anyone else to score - we might have been gaining an ascendancy, the opposition might have been tiring and we could have scored without him. It was just that Džeko was on the pitch at the time these goals were scored. Who's to say that if Džeko hadn't been on the pitch we wouldn't have scored a couple of goals in that period?

You can't make assumptions about "if it weren't for Džeko we wouldn't..." because the situation could have been just as or even more positive had different players on the pitch during the period around these goals.

Plus it doesn't show who Agüero (or anyone) scored his goals against, were they all against lower teams, an even spread or goals against too sides?...Who scored the most against the top sides?
and it doesn't highlight some of Agüero's positives too (notice he was omitted from the part about first touches and overrunning the ball?).

It also doesn't show that Džeko can be easily knocked off his game and can really play within himself, he's also been a disgrace on a few occasions. So for all the winning goals he's scored, he's also had Spurs away, Everton away and others where he's been awful.

But it's still an interesting post overall. And goes to show for those who call Džeko useless or shit that he clearly isn't. Again those arguing that are wrong. But those arguing that he's world class are wrong n'all. The truth is somewhere on the positive side of inbetween.

If Pellegrini and his management team can get hold of him and iron out a few of his psychological downsides to his game, and make him realise that he's a big lad (he plays like he isn't and can be dominated easily by a defender) he could really start to become a good player.

Yet this is excactly what you are doing fella..those stats are based on facts not assumptions that if Edin hadnt scored someone else may have..

You cant argue against the truth...facts are what 'has' happened..assumptions are what 'could' happen.. Big difference...sorry did I say big,I meant monumental..

We have posters on here who dont rate Dzeko and put him at 4th choice striker behind 3 players who are not prem tested..

Now thats monumental, and not in a good sense. Judge players on what they have done for City not what you think they will do..

These players have a 40 goal deficit 'each' to make up before theyve even matched Edins achievements at City..

The very same way the Pelle has to get 1 title,1 FA cup & 1 charity shield to match Bob.

When I said "...because the situation could have..." right after the bit you highlighted, shows I didn't make an assumption.

Caveman said:
samharris said:
Caveman said:
The thing is about this sort of thing is, who's to say someone else wouldn't have scored those goals at the times Džeko did? The team created the chances for him to score, so it's very likely that they could have created the chance for anyone else to score - we might have been gaining an ascendancy, the opposition might have been tiring and we could have scored without him. It was just that Džeko was on the pitch at the time these goals were scored. Who's to say that if Džeko hadn't been on the pitch we wouldn't have scored a couple of goals in that period?

You can't make assumptions about "if it weren't for Džeko we wouldn't..." because the situation could have been just as or even more positive had different players on the pitch during the period around these goals.

Plus it doesn't show who Agüero (or anyone) scored his goals against, were they all against lower teams, an even spread or goals against too sides?...Who scored the most against the top sides?
and it doesn't highlight some of Agüero's positives too (notice he was omitted from the part about first touches and overrunning the ball?).

It also doesn't show that Džeko can be easily knocked off his game and can really play within himself, he's also been a disgrace on a few occasions. So for all the winning goals he's scored, he's also had Spurs away, Everton away and others where he's been awful.

But it's still an interesting post overall. And goes to show for those who call Džeko useless or shit that he clearly isn't. Again those arguing that are wrong. But those arguing that he's world class are wrong n'all. The truth is somewhere on the positive side of inbetween.

If Pellegrini and his management team can get hold of him and iron out a few of his psychological downsides to his game, and make him realise that he's a big lad (he plays like he isn't and can be dominated easily by a defender) he could really start to become a good player.

When I said "...because the situation could have..." right after the bit you highlighted, shows I didn't make an assumption.

Was talking generally fella as your post was the best one to reply to..those its aimed at know excactly what I mean..In a court of law facts win cases assumptions lose them..

Dzeko heaters, you have no choice than to admit that he was the best MC’s striker in last two seasons (probably overall player too). Don’t know what future brings but the past is something which is factual and provable.
Everything else is just subjective BS including your opinions and delusional conclusions.
However, all that is irrelevant since only team can win titles. Individual football does not work.

BosnianDragon said:
Dzeko heaters, you have no choice than to admit that he was the best MC’s striker in last two seasons (probably overall player too). Don’t know what future brings but the past is something which is factual and provable.
Everything else is just subjective BS including your opinions and delusional conclusions.
However, all that is irrelevant since only team can win titles. Individual football does not work.
This is why people cannot take Bosnians seriously on this forum

BosnianDragon said:
mHM3DMk.gif

BoyBlue_1985 said:
BosnianDragon said:
This is why people cannot take Bosnians seriously on this forum

Dzeko is Bosnian and many on here dont take him seriously..

Bosnians it seems, cant win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.