Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proelia said:
inbetween said:
AntiUnited said:
So i think its safe to say he will be leading the line at the start of the season. kun will be playing in the hole or negrado.

I think Kun has a lot to prove to start, he hasn't really started his preseason yet and I think he had a relatively poor year last year... Can't forget Edin was our top scorer in the end! For me, if Kun wants to be the first striker on the team sheet he has a lot to prove to the manager but if he's injured it's very unlikely we'll see him in the first game. For now I think it's down to Negredo and Dzeko to start the season well and so far it's looking like they will. Being able to look to Kun to rotate and gather some form too shows the power of our squad, no striker is safe this year.

If aguero doesnt start he leaves its that simple , youu dont leave youe best and most talented player on the bench

Think Dzeko and Aguero will start most games together but we don't want burn out for them because the last month of the season you need them fresh

I know its the Dzeko thread but I think 2 strikers that could actually challenge Aguero for a spot might be good for him. It just became a given last season as Tevez was slowing down, dzeko was out of sorts and Balo had gone full bat shit crazy
On another note Dzeko looks happy again

I knew that we could trust Edin Dzeko. I created a thread "we cannot afford to lose Edin" a few days ago, and quite a few people decided that he was useless. I said that it was because Mancini had not given Dzeko any confidence, if he scored he would bench him the next game. He'd have a bad game and he'd bench him anyway.. In the press he told them to score more goals.

I'm already not missing Roberto even though he was awesome, simply because I can see that Pellegrini is taking the club way forward!

I respect Aguero but so far he did not prove himself as the best and the most talented player in the team. Something is missing here; maybe MP can find proper solution and role for him in the team. Also no matter who plays slow build up is not the way to play modern football (defenders passing ball forever). That kind of football reminds me on 80's. Also, some fans have to stop with first touch and Edin Dzeko myth. Edin was on the bench when MC with slow built up tactics was hardly scoring any goals. Also that myth was completely out of real world as proven by statistics by one of the previous posts. Some people are so stubborn and stick to certain ideas which they repeating over and over again and on the end treating them as they are facts, not just their own opinions. Come back to Earth and real world please.

He scored 2 goals. The second was very good. But previous to that the ball bounced off him as usual. There isn't a huge transformation in his playing style he's just scored a few in pre season. People are reading way too much into it. Just wait until kun is fit and Edin starts on the bench before hailing the new messiah.

Gelsons Dad said:
He scored 2 goals. The second was very good. But previous to that the ball bounced off him as usual. There isn't a huge transformation in his playing style he's just scored a few in pre season. People are reading way too much into it. Just wait until kun is fit and Edin starts on the bench before hailing the new messiah.

lol...

BibbyBlue85 said:
No17 said:
I re-watched the first half last night and there was a bit where he plays a couple of passes with Silva then tries to lay off the ball back to him (Silva) but it wildly goes back all the way to Garcia or Lescott and Dzeko gets mad at himself for it...you never saw that in the past two seasons, he didn't really care...seems like he does now...

I noticed that too and pointed it out to my old man. The difference in Dzeko is there for all to see IMO and its down to better man management of him and a system better suited to his style of play

I do not understand this.

The 'system' is not too far from Mancini's. The true difference is the directness of attack and the ball reaching Edin D when he goes, not him going and the ball going on another detour, leaving him frustrated.

I think his confidence has 'improved' cos this is the style he wanted for the team and it is happening.

Some think he won't stay??

Clearly his experiences over the last year and half have dampened his whole overview for the future, but he will get over that as long as we still show the kid we care!

Marmite_500g_450_tcm28-293449.jpg

Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko feels a "different" player following the arrival of Manuel Pellegrini as manager.

Dzeko has impressed during City's pre-season campaign, scoring in both Barclays Asia Trophy games against South China and Sunderland and then putting two past AC Milan in the Audi Cup in Munich.

There had been speculation over the Bosnian's future but new boss Pellegrini has spoken of his faith in the player, who has not consistently impressed since his £27million arrival from Wolfsburg in 2011.

Dzeko, 27, made clear his frustration at often being restricted to substitutes' roles last season but, despite sometimes being criticised for his finishing, ended the campaign with 15 goals.

Sergio Aguero and new signings Stevan Jovetic and Alvaro Negredo will be challenging for places up front next term but Dzeko seems ready for the challenge.

He told City TV: "I feel different, better. I feel the I have more confidence, the manager gives me more confidence. That is an important thing."

Pellegrini has referred to Dzeko as a "top striker" and backed him to reproduce the form that made his name in Germany.

When asked if that support was important, Dzeko said: "Of course it is. I think you can see on the pitch how I play.

"I feel different, also because you know someone who is important has trusted you. It is good, for now it is looking good."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.