Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
iz0caVNq5ZY7f.gif

Just an observation about Edin and City.

Re-watch that pass over the top in BIH-USA highlight above (Dzeko's offside goal).

Waspish noted it correctly - Dzeko thrives on those passes over the top and through balls. He is lethal as he uses his body well in those situations.

I've been watching this closely (please do so in next City game) - there are AT LEAST 5 times a game where Dzeko makes a similar type of run for City - and the ball doesnt come. Doesnt even leave the ground.

What to me appears VERY WRONG about this team's tactics is - they often seem to be keen to stick with short-passing, slow build-up attack NO MATTER what's happening up front.

I think that part requires some coaching attention. When a striker is making a good run - you fucking send it flying. It is OK if it doesnt work once, or twice, or even three times...you just have to do it. Not every single time, but often enough - and right now that's not even near enough.

You can't always walk the ball in the net, and this was sooooo frustrating to watch last season. I hope it changes this year - and if it does Dzeko will be much more productive (Negredo too).

They stick with short-passing and intricate movement because that is how Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Tevez wanted to play.

Even when Dzeko was playing those players were still on the pitch so you don't start hitting long passes and cutting out Silva etc completely.

You build your team to play the way that the majority of your players want to play/are best suited.

Stoke, full of tall and strong players. Play long ball.

rags, full of fast wingers and a slow midfield so cut out the midfield and hit the wingers every time to get the ball in the box.

Arsenal, have players who want to play short passes and tiki taka and so on. They play that way. They have Walcott who would strive on the same passes as the ones Dzeko apparently needs but they don't stick him up top and hit passes all day they play the same passing game as us because thats what Arteta, Wilshere and Cazorla etc want to do.

CTID101 said:
They stick with short-passing and intricate movement because that is how Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Tevez wanted to play.

Even when Dzeko was playing those players were still on the pitch so you don't start hitting long passes and cutting out Silva etc completely.

You build your team to play the way that the majority of your players want to play/are best suited.

Stoke, full of tall and strong players. Play long ball.

rags, full of fast wingers and a slow midfield so cut out the midfield and hit the wingers every time to get the ball in the box.

Arsenal, have players who want to play short passes and tiki taka and so on. They play that way. They have Walcott who would strive on the same passes as the ones Dzeko apparently needs but they don't stick him up top and hit passes all day they play the same passing game as us because thats what Arteta, Wilshere and Cazorla etc want to do.

I disagree with that statement.

You can't build your team around just one tactic. That's part of why I didn't like Mancini, his tactics were very similar to one another when it came to moving forward.

Also, this isn't about a long ball. That play that was shown in the .gif was a counter. It's about identifying your striker down the field making a run and trying to get the ball to him. Nasri, Silva and Tevez have all been guilty of missing those.

But to say that Nasri/Silva can't do that, I think is short sighted. Two of the best midfielders in the world can't look up and make a heads up play?

Also, we'll have to start doing that a bit more because Negredo would thrive under such tactics as well, (i.e. Arsenal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.