Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
It's kind of funny because ohhh about 3 months ago was it?

People were complaining this guy doesn't run, he doesn't give effort, he doesn't come back and play on defense, he doesn't contribute to the overall play of the team. Goes into NC and runs, gives effort, goes and plays on D, aggressive, persistent, contributed to 2 goals and now people are saying "Well, with 8 chances he should have scored." Yeah, maybe he should have, but you know what? Fuck you guys, we won 4 - 0. I'm happy we put 4 past NC, I have nothing to complain about or single anyone out. The only drag of the game was VK going down.

Haterz gonna hatez. Trollz gonna trollz.

Are you a yank, by any chance?

I said after the game that he played very well, the point is where was this player for the last couple of years?
He has it in him, but only if the boss gives him a big kiss every night. The guy is a very well paid, professional athlete, but will put in half arsed efforts if the boss does give him a cuddle.
I hope he continues the way he played on Monday, but god help us if he gets dropped for whatever reason.

Sorry brah, it doesn't matter where I'm from because at the end of the day I'm a City fan.

Actually, he has it in him when the manager is able to communicate with him, properly. Unlike Bobby, who bought Edin because he couldn't get his hands on Suarez and obviously didn't know what to do with him.

He was hot in pre-season, he was good in internationals and he was good on his opening match. This wasn't just one game, as pudge likes to point out. This has been a string of performances he's put together. Sunderland, AC Milan, USA NT, Newcastle. He's done well in all those games.

1 vs Sunderland (who I think are an underrated team), 2 vs Milan, 2 vs USA, 0 vs NC. 5 goals 4 games. Of course if you want to throw in the other games (Arsenal/Chinese team/Bayern) - 6 in 7 with 2 assists.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:
No one ever claimed Dzeko had the best pass completion, ever. He is the most forward player. I've said in the past his pass completion is not as bad as everyone claims, but never called it good, he had some amazing passes in that game though, that cross to Aguero and the flick for the Aguero goal was world class. What makes your post shit, is that the entire last season you're dismissing stats which prove Dzeko's contribution and the one game in which he doesn't score in, but works his butt off and deservedly gets a MOTM without scoring a goal (as a striker)...

You're cherry picking stats out to prove that he's not as great as the praise he's receiving. Hypocrisy galore.

I've said it's a shame he didn't core, no striker can score every game, RVP had a 9 game scoreless drought and finished most prolific striker of the last season.

Keep shitting on Dzeko though, you will be eating crow this season I guarantee it.
Cherry picking stats, what others are there really to choose from? Passing and goals scored and assists (2 which I've given credit for)

Also, again you are caught up in misconceptions. If you can point me to me disregarding of stats that "prove his worth" then go for it.

That lie, with no attempt to back it up, is trolling. Nice attempt though.

Don't see how anything I've said is "shitting" on him, pretty spot on as I'm using facts to be fair.
How many defensive clearances did he have, how many clear cut chances did he create, how successful was his pressing? Creativity? You're digging for a way to deride his performance.. which was in the eyes of many one of his best performances in a City shirt, according to many even better than the record breaking 4 vs. Spurs.

It's not just one match either, Dzeko's been on fire since Mancini got canned. Post-seasons friendlies, pre-season and the first game of the season.
Successful was he pressing? There's not even a feasible stat alive for that.

Creativity? 2 assists.

Defensive clearances, if your able to find that without keeping a close eye whilst re watching the entire game go ahead.

Clear cut chances he created? Those 2 assists really were it.

And again, I've praised other aspects of his game.

But his finishing was poor and his passing wasn't the best.

If highlighting those 2, whilst already giving praise to his otherwise good performance, is trolling and 'shitting' on him then fuck me, this thread got even more touchy somehow

As for preseason, that's not often a good barometer to judge players. Given the usual 2 teams a half substitutions and general 50% from both teams.

Dzeko had a great game , played very well and created chances for others.

but in my opinion his shooting needs to improve and so does his headers

His headers were very weak, or aimed right at the goalie, He was lethal with his head in bundesliga, at with the service he is about to get with Navas and co he should really bury the chances that he gets.

Either way that performance was a great sign, and hope he continues to show the same hunger and attitude and we will have a world class forward at our hands this season

brotherblue said:
Dzeko had a great game , played very well and created chances for others.

but in my opinion his shooting needs to improve and so does his headers

His headers were very weak, or aimed right at the goalie, He was lethal with his head in bundesliga, at with the service he is about to get with Navas and co he should really bury the chances that he gets.

Either way that performance was a great sign, and hope he continues to show the same hunger and attitude and we will have a world class forward at our hands this season
Troll..

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
It's kind of funny because ohhh about 3 months ago was it?

People were complaining this guy doesn't run, he doesn't give effort, he doesn't come back and play on defense, he doesn't contribute to the overall play of the team. Goes into NC and runs, gives effort, goes and plays on D, aggressive, persistent, contributed to 2 goals and now people are saying "Well, with 8 chances he should have scored." Yeah, maybe he should have, but you know what? Fuck you guys, we won 4 - 0. I'm happy we put 4 past NC, I have nothing to complain about or single anyone out. The only drag of the game was VK going down.

Haterz gonna hatez. Trollz gonna trollz.

I said after the game that he played very well, the point is where was this player for the last couple of years?
He has it in him, but only if the boss gives him a big kiss every night. The guy is a very well paid, professional athlete, but will put in half arsed efforts if the boss does give him a cuddle.
I hope he continues the way he played on Monday, but god help us if he gets dropped for whatever reason.

Sorry brah, it doesn't matter where I'm from because at the end of the day I'm a City fan.

Actually, he has it in him when the manager is able to communicate with him, properly. Unlike Bobby, who bought Edin because he couldn't get his hands on Suarez and obviously didn't know what to do with him.

He was hot in pre-season, he was good in internationals and he was good on his opening match. This wasn't just one game, as pudge likes to point out. This has been a string of performances he's put together. Sunderland, AC Milan, USA NT, Newcastle. He's done well in all those games.

1 vs Sunderland (who I think are an underrated team), 2 vs Milan, 2 vs USA, 0 vs NC. 5 goals 4 games. Of course if you want to throw in the other games (Arsenal/Chinese team/Bayern) - 6 in 7 with 2 assists.

Sorry, but you come across as a Dzeko fan, not a City fan.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
Cherry picking stats, what others are there really to choose from? Passing and goals scored and assists (2 which I've given credit for)

Also, again you are caught up in misconceptions. If you can point me to me disregarding of stats that "prove his worth" then go for it.

That lie, with no attempt to back it up, is trolling. Nice attempt though.

Don't see how anything I've said is "shitting" on him, pretty spot on as I'm using facts to be fair.
How many defensive clearances did he have, how many clear cut chances did he create, how successful was his pressing? Creativity? You're digging for a way to deride his performance.. which was in the eyes of many one of his best performances in a City shirt, according to many even better than the record breaking 4 vs. Spurs.

It's not just one match either, Dzeko's been on fire since Mancini got canned. Post-seasons friendlies, pre-season and the first game of the season.
Successful was he pressing? There's not even a feasible stat alive for that.

Creativity? 2 assists.

Defensive clearances, if your able to find that without keeping a close eye whilst rewatching the entrie game go ahed.

Clear cut chances he created? Those 2 assists really were it.

And again, I've praised other aspects of his game.

But his finishing was poor and his passing wasn't the best.

If highlighting those 2, whilst already giving praise to his otherwise good performance, is trolling and 'shitting' on him then fuck me, this thread got even more touchy somehow

Nitpicking commence.

His passing was 80%, better then anything he had last year I believe?

karen7 said:
I think the newcastle goalie had a big hand in why he didnt score,it is not an open net you know

Exactly.

Krul was outstanding and on another night, Edin would have had at least three goals.

Newcastle weren't just there to let us run up the score; they wanted to win the game too.

pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pominoz said:

LoL, is that all you got?

Pretty pathetic.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:

Pretty pathetic.

But true.

pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pominoz said:

Pretty pathetic.

But true.

he8_2013082011444054.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.