Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
joezilla said:
No17 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
A shining light in an otherwise shitty day

coming from you, that's quite a compliment....him and Navas were doubled up the whole match...Navas couldn't put a decent cross in...Aguero laid it off nicely to Dzeko with a back heel repaying him for the Newcastle assist...other than that the whole team lacked the spark...nice goal though...could someone get us a gif of it?
tumblr_ms3i9bMKu81s5547bo1_500.gif

thanks m8

One shot doesn't make up for a listless first hour. Aguero was just as bad.

I'd give Negredo a run because I don't trust Dzeko after last season's sulk. A player who is prepared to go through the motions has no pride and will to win

Marvin said:

I'd give Negredo a run because I don't trust Dzeko after last season's sulk. A player who is prepared to go through the motions has no pride and will to win

Lol it's impossible for him to be as bad as Aguero; he scored and Aguero didn't. That alone makes his day better. Their overall level of play was about the same though, you are right.

But Aguero had way more opportunities and way more of the ball, and did basically nothing. Dzeko had only 25 touches in the whole game. He set up Toure very well, and Toure didn't score. He made several good passes to Aguero but Sergio didn't take them or dribbled too much.

To be honest, you are putting way too much blame on the strikers. The midfield was awful and created nothing good. What were Aguero and Dzeko supposed to do? Create all their own chances?

Marvin said:

Only it does, because at that point we were 1-0 up, had the defence and Joe then done their jobs we'd have won the game.

My main criticism of Dzeko has been that he offers very little when he doesn't score, however, in the two games this season he's been man of the match but failed to score, this is ok with me, and he's been pretty anonymous but scored the goal to put us ahead, also ok with me. No complaints with Dzeko for me, unusually.

kenzie115 said:
Marvin said:

Only it does, because at that point we were 1-0 up, had the defence and Joe then done their jobs we'd have won the game.

My main criticism of Dzeko has been that he offers very little when he doesn't score, however, in the two games this season he's been man of the match but failed to score, this is ok with me, and he's been pretty anonymous but scored the goal to put us ahead, also ok with me. No complaints with Dzeko for me, unusually.
He has like 15 assists for City. I think that's more than Aguero. And he sure offered a lot against Newcastle, he bossed the whole game and brought others in.

Today of course not as influental, but he could have had two assists if Toure and Aguero just took those chances, especially Toure.

Mountaineer said:
Marvin said:

Lol it's impossible for him to be as bad as Aguero; he scored and Aguero didn't. That alone makes his day better. Their overall level of play was about the same though, you are right.

But Aguero had way more opportunities and way more of the ball, and did basically nothing. Dzeko had only 25 touches in the whole game. He set up Toure very well, and Toure didn't score. He made several good passes to Aguero but Sergio didn't take them or dribbled too much.

To be honest, you are putting way too much blame on the strikers. The midfield was awful and created nothing good. What were Aguero and Dzeko supposed to do? Create all their own chances?
There's quite a few players who are resting on their laurels at the moment. Aguero is one. Dzeko is another.

Man Utd win the title year after year, and each season they come back and want more. Our players have done it once and it looks like it's enough for them

Sky went on and on about how great Cardiff were. They did nothing special, and we just let the first hour drift through our fingers leaving us vulnerable to late one off goals and that's what happened. We thoroughly deserved to get beat. But it's the fans that feel it. I'm not sure the players are that bothered. I'd make a few changes. It's one thing playing at home. It's a test when you play away and you find out about the mental attitude of your players.

Today was a great example of the inconsistent nature that has hindered his career with us. His general hold up play was lacking and for a while it seemed it wasn't going to be his day. The goal was an absolute peach though and we know he's got that in his locker. Hopefully another couple of goals at Hull next week will keep him on a high and we'll see him at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.