Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
teddykgb said:
It's honestly just embarrassing that we have even a single post slating this player after that strike put us ahead. He was among our best yesterday, arguably was our best since he scored a strike that would lead to a 30 page thread in the transfer forum if he played for anyone but us.

I'm not Bosnian. There are and will be days where Negredo is the better option. But if we're complaining about a striker yesterday, Edin is not the appropriate target.

Totally agree ... Kun was very poor and made a host of wrong decisions in crucial areas of the field and in crucial passages of play. Edin was quality again and I was very very surprised to say the least that his was the number that came up to be subbed. Can only think that the cut on his chin needed stitches which would've seen him off the field of play for too long.
The official had been informed prior to the cut that Dzeko was coming off.

I have never known a player who divides opinion more than Edin. One game he's brilliant and the next he's crap. It is extremely frustration because he has it in him to be a superb player.

Pam said:
I have never known a player who divides opinion more than Edin. One game he's brilliant and the next he's crap. It is extremely frustration because he has it in him to be a superb player.
Honestly a good part of it is from what I've seen a natural frustration with his more dedicated supporters. The arguments escalate because no criticism at all is allowed and people react poorly to that.

As to yesterday, I think he played okay but his linking with Aguero wasn't working (and I'm not going to get into blaming either one) and his movement wasn't as great as it could have been. Finely struck goal though.

and yet another great goal Edin

shouldn't have been so poor defensively though eh lad ;-)

teddykgb said:
It's honestly just embarrassing that we have even a single post slating this player after that strike put us ahead. He was among our best yesterday, arguably was our best since he scored a strike that would lead to a 30 page thread in the transfer forum if he played for anyone but us.

I'm not Bosnian. There are and will be days where Negredo is the better option. But if we're complaining about a striker yesterday, Edin is not the appropriate target.

Amen

I'm surprised there is even a discussion to be had.

Edin and Negredo were the only ones to get on the score sheet.

Nuff said, terrible loss and one to remember. Especially for the defense.

Edin missed a hatful of chances against Newcastle but worked hard - which you kind of hope to take for granted anyway, he scored a corker yesterday when we didn't look all that threatening. Perhaps had he stayed on we would have defended those 2 corners better? Personally, I suspect Negredo is the better of the two, he looks stronger, his movement in the box looks to be better (I think Edin tends to stand still waiting for cross whereas Negredo looks to keep moving to meet the ball) and he won't be such a big bloody baby.

Damocles said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
mancity1 said:
I didn't like his smuggness when interviewed before the game virtually inferring we only had to turn up and Cardiff would relent.

It certainly came back to bite him on his ass and his chin.
I like it - blame Dzeko for his pre-match interview. The thread that keeps on giving. 500 pages here we come, roll on 600!

Who should we blame for Dzeko's attitude in Dzeko's pre-match interview?

Scott Sinclair?

I hope this is a joke based on my admittedly ambiguous phrasing. If not, here's what I meant; "I like it - blame Dzeko for the defeat based on his attitude in the pre-match interview. etc., etc."

However, in the unintended context, it isn't impossible that Dzeko spoke to Scott Sinclair on the phone prior to the interview and Scott was very complimentary about Dzeko's performance against Newcastle, thus causing Dzeko to be over-confident in his interview. In which case we certainly could (at least partly) blame Scott Sinclair.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Edin missed a hatful of chances against Newcastle but worked hard - which you kind of hope to take for granted anyway, he scored a corker yesterday when we didn't look all that threatening. Perhaps had he stayed on we would have defended those 2 corners better? Personally, I suspect Negredo is the better of the two, he looks stronger, his movement in the box looks to be better (I think Edin tends to stand still waiting for cross whereas Negredo looks to keep moving to meet the ball) and he won't be such a big bloody baby.

Spot on.

i thought edin did well against a difficult side.

we scored two goals which is good against such a determined and disciplined opposition.

it was the defense that let us down and lost us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.