Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
BlueAnorak said:
Quite simple really, Without him we would not have won tonight.

How do you manage to see every possible combination of games without Dzeko, and were they all draws or lose's without him?

he did give the assist to teves. or u want to take that away from him now...

Not taking anything away from him, but to say we would not have won a game without any one player not playing is just wrong.
Every player has a replacement, who is to say the replacement would not have done as well or better?
It is just one of those statements that is impossible to prove.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Also, does anyone think Tevez would have passed to Dzeko had their positions been reversed for the goal?

Well, he certainly did not give it to Silva on a platter (couldn't resist!) when he was wide open, did he?!

I don't usually mind a greedy bastard centre forward, because it is what makes them world class goal scorers (they think they can ALWAYS score), but it was obscene that Tevez did not lay it into the path of Silva for a wide open goal.

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
DragonBoss said:
I would rather have my strikers assist and score goals, than show us how high they can jump, unless it was a different, individual, sport, of course. I believe Benteke and his manager would agree with me.
When you ignorantly put it that way, of course they would.

-- Mar 5th, '13, 00:59 --

CaliforniaBlue said:
I think your numbers must be wrong - Pudge says he only won 1/10 and Benteke 9/10.

Also, does anyone think Tevez would have passed to Dzeko had their positions been reversed for the goal?

One thing I would like to see Dzeko work on is his positioning when we break forward. He seems to make the obvious run too often and is easily covered by the defence, or doesn't even get a pass from his own team (sometimes he doesn't get the pass when he is in a good position, but that's another story).

I hate to say it, but the United strikers generally have far better movement in and around the box than any of ours.
The fact you took my "numbers" seriously show how ignorant you are to the overall point.

A point many have agreed with btw

Seriously, why is everything said about Dzeko taken so personally by some?

why would we take it personally. its your opinion but its way off the mark. Dzeko assisted for the goal and played well. i could guarantee u anything tevez would have not passed the ball if the roles where reversed. he gets 0 proper service to do anything threatening thats why he wonders outside of the box and starts assisting. Kuns game vrs chelski was awful and yet no one talks about how many fukin balls he lost, or how fukin awful his aiming is this season. but when dzeko loses the ball or doesent win these obscure stats he gets rammed home about it. he was easily the MOTM and its unfortunate he had to come on after jacks injury he should have been starting regardless. and it proves once again once he leaves where going to be missing a big time player in edin.

-- Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:53 am --

Roll On City said:
BlueAnorak said:
Quite simple really, Without him we would not have won tonight.
that not good enough for 27m geez

lol...
How am I way off the mark?

Did you even read my opinion of his performance?

Actually, the fact you are bringing up Aguero proves you didn't read any of my posts.

pudge said:
DragonBoss said:
I would rather have my strikers assist and score goals, than show us how high they can jump, unless it was a different, individual, sport, of course. I believe Benteke and his manager would agree with me.

CaliforniaBlue said:
LoveCity said:
30% of aerial duels won for those wondering the exact statistic. 68% pass accuracy, 42 touches, 4 shots, 1 assist, 1 foul.

I think your numbers must be wrong - Pudge says he only won 1/10 and Benteke 9/10.

One thing I would like to see Dzeko work on is his positioning when we break forward. He seems to make the obvious run too often and is easily covered by the defence, or doesn't even get a pass from his own team (sometimes he doesn't get the pass when he is in a good position, but that's another story).

I hate to say it, but the United strikers generally have far better movement in and around the box than any of ours.
The fact you took my "numbers" seriously show how ignorant you are to the overall point.

I'll give Dzeko a 9/10 for being an unselfish, team player and I'll give your opinion of his abilities a 2/10. Hey, this "numbers shouldn't be taken seriously" game is great!
p.s. don't take it personally, it's just an opinion on a forum.

CaliforniaBlue said:
pudge said:
DragonBoss said:

CaliforniaBlue said:

I'll give Dzeko a 9/10 for being an unselfish, team player and I'll give your opinion of his abilities a 2/10. Hey, this "numbers shouldn't be taken seriously" game is great!
p.s. don't take it personally, it's just an opinion on a forum.
I'm not rating him 1/10 like you seem to think or saying he only won 1 header last night.

Your own bias towards the player seems to be clouding your ability to comprehend that.

I praised Dzeko tonight whilst also making a fair comment about how he could improve, yet some seem to think I've called him every name under the sun and bashed his abilities.

Your last 2 posts clearly show that you have either missed my point completely, a point that has been validated by others, or that you are just incredibly ignorant.

Why can't people read and not take things the wrong way?

EaglesFan said:
CTID101 said:
noise said:
No service, created chances.. unselfish, and strong performance from Dzeko.
This has got to be a wind up?

He must have lost 99% of his aerial battles and on the floor. Did nothing when he had it and was poor all round.

It was a poor performance from him today. Maybe he knows he is off.

I am all for opinions and I understand some people dislike Dzeko a lot - but this is truly pathethic.

If anyone (apart from obvious Nasti and Kolo) had a decent game tonight it was Edin, regardless of how much someone may dislike him.

Your statement means that you are either a) fishing, b) clueless about the game of football.

Simply ridiculous post.
I don't dislike him. He had a bad game. End of.

Clueless about football? Read a few of your posts back if you want some evidence of that. Baffling how people can say without him we wouldn't have scored. He fouled Clark to win the ball then passed it across the box for a tap in, hardly a top assist, admittedly it still had to be made but for a player of his quality he has to be doing more.

CTID101 said:
EaglesFan said:
CTID101 said:

He must have lost 99% of his aerial battles and on the floor. Did nothing when he had it and was poor all round.

I am all for opinions and I understand some people dislike Dzeko a lot - but this is truly pathethic.

If anyone (apart from obvious Nasti and Kolo) had a decent game tonight it was Edin, regardless of how much someone may dislike him.

Your statement means that you are either a) fishing, b) clueless about the game of football.

Simply ridiculous post.

Clueless about football? Read a few of your posts back if you want some evidence of that. Baffling how people can say without him we wouldn't have scored. He fouled Clark to win the ball then passed it across the box for a tap in, hardly a top assist, admittedly it still had to be made but for a player of his quality he has to be doing more.

"Clueless about football" seems to be the standard response if you disagree with the Dzeko fanboys.

CTID101 said:
EaglesFan said:
CTID101 said:

Simply ridiculous post.

1. You cannot do more when u dont get the ball in the box. Fact
2. He assisted for the goal that ended up being the match winner. Fact
3. Him not getting the ball means he drifts outside of the box and becomes less effective.
4. So by deduction he did all he could do in the game so to say he was bad is kinda harsh

Dzeko is awful.
Tonight he had the touch of a donkey having eaten horse meat.
Stumbling around, miss-timing his touches, can't head, can't jump, can't hold the ball up.
Honestly, we would have been better bringing on Mr and Mrs spoon.

He pass for the goal was initially a foul and then any half decent striker would have took the shot himself but he knows his form has been woefull since the start of last season and so passed to Tevez.

The quicker Dzeko moves on the quicker we will be back to our best.

What we needed during that match wasn't Dzeko, it was another striker to open up spaces for Tevez. Dzeko just happens to be there. On another day, it could have easily been Aguero or Balotelli (if he's still around) doing the assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.