Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

Saif1994 said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Saif1994 said:
Joey Barton has ruined everything. "Could of should of would of been sent off innit"
I found a story I wrote when I was in year 5 and I didn't make the Barton error..

-- Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:50 pm --

Why do you think that? He's saved us so many times and is such a good player. And who do you think would be a good enough replacement? Pellegrini knows a lot about football and he immediately trusted Dzeko. That in itself is enough proof for me.

We cannot afford to lose Edin. Yes we can. We have lost Tevez and Balotelli, but replaced them with good players. Is Dzeko irreplaceable? Absolutely not.

Alright, give me the name of one player who we can replace him with in this transfer window.

Zlatan ibrahimovic

Saif1994 said:
Vienna_70 said:
Shouldn't this be in the 'Edin Džeko' thread?

After all, it only has 4040 posts; one more wont make any difference, surely?

No, it shouldn't. Its an entirely different kind of issue than just discussing the player. Just read the first post. Surely you could contribute to the thread?

-- Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:19 pm --

BigOscar said:
I think I must have watched a different game, because I saw him hit a brilliant volley, then be absolutely useless for the rest of the game. Negredo on the other hand looked like everything we need from a tall, strong forward

Nope, I watched the full 90 mins, and this is exactly what I'm talking about... Ok, I'm not saying Negredo didn't play well, but he should have scored when he was 1 on 1 a couple of times but he smashed it high...

And yet, everyone seems to blame Dzeko. He wasn't useless for the entire game, like I said in the original post he was playing deeper in the hole, giving long passes forward to Negredo and he was playing much more fluidly. Also he had a couple of good shots making the most of the crosses but the keeper saved them. With confidence, I could see him putting more chances away.

So now "wasn't useless the whole game" is the same as cant afford to lose?

Its a matter of opinion,I personally dont like him and would be happy for him to go as long as he was replaced thats the beauty of football i suppose we all have different ideas and opinion

Dzeko is more lethal striker than Suarez, with profound killer instinct. Suarez is more midfielder/striker mixture type of player. Each play different roles in their teams and cannot be compared, however if we talk about striker quality only, Dzeko has lot more to offer.

bondsman said:
Anyone arguing dzeko is a better player or striker than Suarez needs to give their head a wobble. Suarez carries Liverpool put him in our side he would be awesome. Put dzeko in liver pools and he would see them finish in the bottom half of the table.
Yeah because Dzeko has never done anything of sorts for a team in the past.

Always liked dzeko and wanted him to stay he is in someways a hit and miss striker will be awesome one game then the next not turn up. But also believe as the previous poster stated Mancini didn't know how to use him or even back him. If he's given a fair chance something he didnt get last season he will score goals and can be a big hit this season. Can easily be one goal in 2 game ratio..

Saif1994 said:
Alright, give me the name of one player who we can replace him with in this transfer window.
Will Álvaro Negredo do ? Far better player from what I've seen, oh and we already have him to play alongside Aguero.

I think we can perfectly afford to lose edin, looking good in pre season friendlies isn't what its about, its looking good in the big games which edin regularly failed to do last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.