Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzeko is ok when he doesn't have to think, when he does he's bobbins. Give him the ball to hold up or bring other players into the attack then he looks remarkably donkeyish, so its because of this where he'll struggle to fit in with our new attacking style. He will be an impact player again this season, will he accept that? I'm not sure. I'd prefer to sell him for good money and give Guidetti a chance of being our 4th striker.

BosnianDragon said:
Dzeko is more lethal striker than Suarez, with profound killer instinct. Suarez is more midfielder/striker mixture type of player. Each play different roles in their teams and cannot be compared, however if we talk about striker quality only, Dzeko has lot more to offer.
bluemoon... i give you edins brother!!!

He might not look to good on the eye BUT he certainly knows where the back of the net. With the new look attacking line up he is going to many chances and will be a right nightmare for defenders in the box where he is at his most lethal. I honestly reckon he will be in the top 3 scorers in the league next season if he gets the game time. Remember the game at White hart Lane when we beat Spurs 5-1 he scored a perfect hat-trick, he also has the knack to score in important games. Last year was obviously frustrating for him but I reckon he will be revitalised next season

Tin Hat on........

Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

I'm lost as to why anyone can criticise a striker because they're not running around like a maniac in midfield chasing the ball. All that matters is that they score goals. Edin scores goals, and he scores important goals. He scored the only goals for us in this tournament, so no matter how good any other player might appear to play, Edin was the man for us this week. Bottom line is that he delivers, and while I admire how others play, it is goals that matter in football!

Dzeko is at the moment the best MC striker. Also, in my opinion, since I’m following his carrier for long time, probably the best player MC has at moment. With him chances for titles are considerably improved, so far he was just a winner. He came to PL as the best Bundesliga player/striker (won Bundesliga and helped MC winning PL title, both teams were decades without titles).
Now…Who is Suarez…..? What facts you use to compare them two, whatever you take (stats, results etc..) question remains the same. Who is Suarez??? And answer is always the same “At this level he is nobody”. Maybe one day, but not now.

MJ said:
He scored the only goals for us in this tournament, so no matter how good any other player might appear to play, Edin was the man for us this week. Bottom line is that he delivers, and while I admire how others play, it is goals that matter in football!
Does he ? Plenty of games where he hasn't, and this no matter how you dress it up, was a pre season tournament, aimed at getting players fit for the new season. I've no problem with him personally, but he has regularly failed to impress me in the important games, he will be 3rd or 4th choice come august 19th imho, and rightly so.

Just because here man put Negredo and Jovetic in front of Dzeko even that Negredo had 1 and a half game score none Jovetic still did not have game for City and Dzeko well he have goal in 2 games whole time in City ratio is all u need to get that people here for some reason don't like him even he bring them much joy and Negredo and Jovetic did not play still.Hardest thing for me that we are so spoil and wanna new toys , to put Dzeko on 4 spot and u did not even test new players in premiere league and Negredo play today but Dzeko score so why is he better , because we wanna new toys .I hate what we become but that comes with money.

cleavers said:
MJ said:
He scored the only goals for us in this tournament, so no matter how good any other player might appear to play, Edin was the man for us this week. Bottom line is that he delivers, and while I admire how others play, it is goals that matter in football!
Does he ? Plenty of games where he hasn't, and this no matter how you dress it up, was a pre season tournament, aimed at getting players fit for the new season. I've no problem with him personally, but he has regularly failed to impress me in the important games, he will be 3rd or 4th choice come august 19th imho, and rightly so.

Maybe so but Didn't Edin score the stoppage time equaliser versus QPR and notch a couple at the Swamp in the 6-1. 4-1 would be good but doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Yes Edin is inconsistent but he scores plenty of goals and shouldn't we get behind everyone in the team / squad (at least at the games)?

Pezzer2 said:
He might not look to good on the eye BUT he certainly knows where the back of the net. With the new look attacking line up he is going to many chances and will be a right nightmare for defenders in the box where he is at his most lethal. I honestly reckon he will be in the top 3 scorers in the league next season if he gets the game time. Remember the game at White hart Lane when we beat Spurs 5-1 he scored a perfect hat-trick, he also has the knack to score in important games. Last year was obviously frustrating for him but I reckon he will be revitalised next season

Tin Hat on........
Sensible analysis mate. Matt Hummel recently said Dzeko was the striker he found the hardest to mark in the most recent Champions League. I really think Pellegrini's system will showcase this in the upcoming season.

He scores goals but wastes an awful lot of chances in the process, would you trust him to score against the big teams and at vital times in games ....I dont , as i say opinions
For me he is slow, not agressive enough for someone his size, he has poor control .If he stays for me, he is 3rd choice at least ,and he appears not to be happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.