Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
I know that Dzeko can't score penalties since his Wolfsburg days but why's that? He's a striker!
------------

If there's one thing dzeko lovers and 'haters' will agree on is that he can score goals. No question about that. So why the same goal stats every day? Where are the stats for being dispossessed, breaking down promising moves losing the ball, etc....
Opta tracks those stats, and Dzeko is generally better than some on here would give him credit for. The stats cost money so they are not publicly published. But someone posted them a month ago.

sbm said:
Red for best and blue for worst:

For the 2012-13 premier league:

Dzeko 14 goals @ 130 minutes per goal
Aguero 12 goals @ 162 minutes per goal
Tevez 11 goals @ 218 minutes per goal

* Goals in FIRST HALF: Dzeko 8; Aguero 4: Tevez 3.

* Goals scored AWAY: Dzeko 8; Aguero 4; Tevez 2.

* Defining a KEY goal as one scored when City were drawing or losing by one goal at the time of the goal:

Dzeko 10 key goals @ 182 mins per key goal
Aguero 7 key goals @ 277 mins per key goal
Tevez 7 key goals @ 342 mins per key goal

* Using the Opta definition of assists, the MINUTES PER GOAL INVOLVEMENT (i.e., goals + assists) were:
D 107; A 139; T 127.

* goal assists in open play:
D 3 @ 605 mpgaop
A 2 @ 970 mpgaop
T 5 @ 481 mpgaop

* clear-cut chances created for others:
D 7 @ 259 mpccc
A 5 @ 388 mpccc
T 8 @ 301 mpccc

* Minutes per possession won: D 29; A 32; T 31.
* Mins per possession lost: D 5; A 6; T 6.

If Dzeko scores 30 goals he'll have zero assists. He contributes nothing to build up play and only looks to shoot.

Hopefully he's only used as a super sub with Aguero and Negredo picked before him.

JahWorks said:
If Dzeko scores 30 goals he'll have zero assists. He contributes nothing to build up play and only looks to shoot.

Hopefully he's only used as a super sub with Aguero and Negredo picked before him.

I'd say there's always one but that's not true on here.

JahWorks said:

Maybe not many assists (though the stats above that show that one to be a lie too) but DEFINATELY a lot of touches before the assist and the touch before that. If you don't believe me watch both the Sunderland and South China games again where when we broke more quickly Dzeko starts as the target man (receives a lot of balls with his back to goal and passes to a supporting City player - something he does well) then when we build more leisurely tiiki taka style as we get to the final third he drops a bit deeper outside the area. (Note this position for the Sunderland game.) Obviously Pellegrini is playing to his strengths when he can attack the ball.

Aguero is a definite starter for me.

We have Dzeko and Negredo to partner Aguero. Personally, prior to the pre-season, I would have said Negredo will partner Aguero. But after Dzeko's showing in last 2 matches, based on merit alone, Dzeko should start.

That is of course based on merit alone. If we're basing it on pre-season, I would say Negredo/Dzeko is very good partnership, but that would have left out Aguero, which is a no-no.

Expect Dzeko to play with Aguero in the next match. Pellegrini will want to see how that works out.

pudge said:
samharris said:
pudge said:
Regardless of how childish and wrong it is...... ;)

If it wasnt wrong youd not reply and if it wasnt childish you wouldnt understand it....... ;)
Yep, impossible to reply with the intent to correct. Especially when you're replying to something you weren't even involved in but for some reason get mentioned.

You're just a "hater"

Am I using that correctly sam? Or am I over reacting and labeling you incorrectly?Because there's only one poster on this entire forum who has said they "hate" Dzeko, and that was Benarbia....

So to group any amount of posters together who have never expressed that same feeling simply because they don't rate him as highly as yourself is ignorant, childish and lacking in any substance.

Apologies at trying to point that out to you before, if you didn't appreciate it you should refrain from bringing me into your posts like you did today.

Yes you're over reacting..lighten up Pudge..grow thicker skin and see this place for what it is..

Akira said:
Aguero is a definite starter for me.

We have Dzeko and Negredo to partner Aguero. Personally, prior to the pre-season, I would have said Negredo will partner Aguero. But after Dzeko's showing in last 2 matches, based on merit alone, Dzeko should start.

That is of course based on merit alone. If we're basing it on pre-season, I would say Negredo/Dzeko is very good partnership, but that would have left out Aguero, which is a no-no.

Expect Dzeko to play with Aguero in the next match. Pellegrini will want to see how that works out.

I've always maintained that Aguero is our superstar, and the attack should be built around him. The only place this falls down is injuries, because although he had 40 apps last season plenty of those games seemed to be in 'getting back into it' mode, loss of sharpness, etc. Dzeko is a bit of a freak, almost never gets injured and when he does it's usually not for very long. He's ideal to build around in this respect as he'll give you a measure of continuity up front. Perhaps operating a true two striker system rather than the shoehorned one Mancini deployed will help keep everyone involved enough to stay sharp and happy, but ultimately there are big games the big players want to be selected for.

JahWorks said:

Idiot or WUM, can't quite work out which.

I think that Aguero is not properly used last season. He should be playing striker position behind Dzeko or Negredo, connected more to the midfield. He is out-box type of striker and from that position is lethal, or can make great move or pass for goal chance. Using him as classical striker will not provide result everyone expects (same as last season).
MC should have two duo strikers (front & back) Augero – Dzeko and Jovetic – Negredo. Should never use two front or back strikers at same time, only in situations when team chasing time and active result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.