Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
spamalot said:
Davs, Kismet hasn't repeated his usual mantra, he's explained his respect for him as a person and his goalscoring record. At the end he just throws in a sentence about the 120 years again as a joke.

He even comments that Edin now has a real struggle for his place with Negredo. Whilst respecting him he does acknowledge the battle he now has.

I know I said I was out but..........120 years x 2, 50 years of watching City, only 3 league titles, he was integral, we should respect him......

Either you're not reading or........

I'm being clarkied aren 't I ?

Please tell me that's it ;.)

Definitely it for me now... I'm of to talk about the witchwood and man flu ............

I love Dzeko, but I will most definitely start Negredo instead. I think Negredo earned starting spot, I wish that Dzeko do the same.

Looking forward to his approach in the upcoming internationals... Hopefully he gets an earful from our coach, and gets his head screwed on as when he is in the mood hes definately a great player, shame it's not every game he can do that which really differs him from the best players :(

I'm on my phone so I can't link the story but thomas Muller made some pretty scathing remarks about the lack of work off the ball from our strikers on the night. Could have put this in the Aguero thread but its more fun baiting the lunatics who post in here...

Summerbuzz said:
I'm on my phone so I can't link the story but thomas Muller made some pretty scathing remarks about the lack of work off the ball from our strikers on the night. Could have put this in the Aguero thread but its more fun baiting the lunatics who post in here...

Careful now, theres feisty yanks on here !! :)

Summerbuzz said:

'On their deckchairs' Muller said

Only time edin got out of his deckchair was to run away from the fearsome arjen robben

kismet said:
I don't know whether I've mentioned this before but we have only won the league 3 times in over 120 years, in 1936..................................only joking, and yes I've been a bit repetitive.....however it's not like we win the league often and we will never , ever repeat the climax to what happened in May 2012. It was out of this world.

So why am I such a big Edin fan ? Watching CIty for over 50 years I've often gone to watch them train and have been several times with Doug Higgy who does the training reports on this site. After one such trip, we had to use stepladders to peer over the fence, I went round to the main entrance. A few people were hoping to catch a glimpse of the players and Edin pulled up in his motor and signed a few autographs. I got chatting with him and you could not wish to meet a nicer guy, humble and dedicated to City. One of the nicest players I have ever met and I put him up there with other genuine nice guys I was lucky to have a chat with, Nicolas Anelka, Colin Bell and Tommy Booth are others who have all the time in the world for the fans.

His goalscoring record speaks for itself, with us, with Wolfsburg and with his country. Wolfsburg fans never forget what he did for them and respect his achievements. I still think he is a key squad player although he clearly has a battle with Negredo for his place. I think we should respect him for what he achieved. His goal against QPR was the turning point, it was key, it was the game changer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only 3 Premiership titles in 120 years, he was integral to our final one.

He is not only great person he is also very good player who had a big chance to become o WC player. And still have a very small one.
There are some coaches like Arsene Wenger who only buys when it is necessary and who take maximum off all of his players which is much more fair play. That is the reason ( for example ) for how Nasri plays here and at Arsenal. And on the long run they get rewarded. ( Ozil - a big reward ). Just watch how will Arsenal play this year in PL in CL. There are some teams, coaches who just buy everything they can, overcrowded a lot of positions and dont use theirs players to full of theirs potential. Chelsea few years back. These days City is one of them. I would not answer that if i had not saw on this tread how Giroud is much much better player than Dzeko which would be his sub. It is absolutely not true by any means. His last game was disastrous. The only thing which is true that he is used by Wenger to his maximum potential. He is the same age as Dzeko, worse in almost everything. He is a lot cheaper player and not as near as good finisher. Theirs achievements so far also can not be compared. Dzeko in his place with cemented place ( and no real competition ) would be a world beater. He would just continue where he left at the Wolfsburg. So you should all just be happy to have player of that caliber at your club. But i fear that things had gone to other direction and dont see him playing here long anymore.

Summerbuzz said:
I'm at a computer so will post here and Sergio Aguero thread.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...s/muller-criticises-city-strikers_110324.html

Thomas Muller criticises Manchester City strikers

By Matt Domm, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 11:53 UK
Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller has criticised the lack of movement of the Manchester City strikers in the 3-1 win at the Etihad last week.

Muller said that he was deployed more centrally for Bayern to take control of the midfield, which led to City's forward men being isolated on the night.

"Through that [change of role] we wanted to gain superiority in midfield," Muller told Kicker. "I am not the kind of player who waits to get the ball in one-on-one situations with the defender, but rather the guy that drops deep or tries to come through over the wing - and who also helps his team defensively.

"Manchester had two attackers who - and I exaggerate a bit - sat in their deckchairs the halfway line when we were in possession. No attacker is allowed to do that at Bayern or the Germany team."

Muller has 16 goals in 44 appearances for Germany.

Zlatan said:
kismet said:
I don't know whether I've mentioned this before but we have only won the league 3 times in over 120 years, in 1936..................................only joking, and yes I've been a bit repetitive.....however it's not like we win the league often and we will never , ever repeat the climax to what happened in May 2012. It was out of this world.

So why am I such a big Edin fan ? Watching CIty for over 50 years I've often gone to watch them train and have been several times with Doug Higgy who does the training reports on this site. After one such trip, we had to use stepladders to peer over the fence, I went round to the main entrance. A few people were hoping to catch a glimpse of the players and Edin pulled up in his motor and signed a few autographs. I got chatting with him and you could not wish to meet a nicer guy, humble and dedicated to City. One of the nicest players I have ever met and I put him up there with other genuine nice guys I was lucky to have a chat with, Nicolas Anelka, Colin Bell and Tommy Booth are others who have all the time in the world for the fans.

His goalscoring record speaks for itself, with us, with Wolfsburg and with his country. Wolfsburg fans never forget what he did for them and respect his achievements. I still think he is a key squad player although he clearly has a battle with Negredo for his place. I think we should respect him for what he achieved. His goal against QPR was the turning point, it was key, it was the game changer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only 3 Premiership titles in 120 years, he was integral to our final one.

He is not only great person he is also very good player who had a big chance to become o WC player. And still have a very small one.
There are some coaches like Arsene Wenger who only buys when it is necessary and who take maximum off all of his players which is much more fair play. That is the reason ( for example ) for how Nasri plays here and at Arsenal. And on the long run they get rewarded. ( Ozil - a big reward ). Just watch how will Arsenal play this year in PL in CL. There are some teams, coaches who just buy everything they can, overcrowded a lot of positions and dont use theirs players to full of theirs potential. Chelsea few years back. These days City is one of them. I would not answer that if i had not saw on this tread how Giroud is much much better player than Dzeko which would be his sub. It is absolutely not true by any means. His last game was disastrous. The only thing which is true that he is used by Wenger to his maximum potential. He is the same age as Dzeko, worse in almost everything. He is a lot cheaper player and not as near as good finisher. Theirs achievements so far also can not be compared. Dzeko in his place with cemented place ( and no real competition ) would be a world beater. He would just continue where he left at the Wolfsburg. So you should all just be happy to have player of that caliber at your club. But i fear that things had gone to other direction and dont see him playing here long anymore.
So, just to summarise, it isn't Dzeko's fault that he's inconsistent, and that on more occasions than he should, he's off form and pretty poor. In fact it's City's fault, because we actually have a squad with other options in it besides Dzeko? Silly us, from now on we must only buy 1 real striker, just like Arsenal, so we are forced to play Dzeko all the time, that way he'll be excellent.

Matty said:
Zlatan said:
kismet said:

So, just to summarise, it isn't Dzeko's fault that he's inconsistent, and that on more occasions than he should, he's off form and pretty poor. In fact it's City's fault, because we actually have a squad with other options in it besides Dzeko? Silly us, from now on we must only buy 1 real striker, just like Arsenal, so we are forced to play Dzeko all the time, that way he'll be excellent.

No it is not that simple. Live is not simple. I said in Negredo thread, that Dzeko and Negredo needs 4,5 good assists per game to really have the chance to impress or not impress. Dzeko against Bayern did not have one chance. It is impossible for him to impress that way. He is not Aguero/Tevez/Suarez type of striker. Because Negredo and Dzeko would have to share their position they both would be more inconsistent than if they where lone strikers. It is up to coach to decide which positions he needs to be doubled. I can only say that CF position is usually the last one to be doubled by equally good striker. If Dzeko in future will get enough quality balls i think he will come good, as he already had proven here. But football is anything but simple. Big players all want to play big games. If you think that all players just look who is in the best position and pass him the ball than you are making a huge mistake. In NOT ONE club it is like that. But in most clubs the coach step IN and demand that , And if someone is to selfish for example he threw him out of the team. BUT if you have to many selfish players ( not saying City have ) in the same team and they need to play than you have the hugeeeee problem in your hand. And that is the biggest problem that coaches of the biggest clubs are facing today. And it can be only resolved by BALANCE in the rooster, team. There is no coach in the world who can play Rooney, van Persie, Aguero and Suarez in the same team. Not even 3 of them would not work, But on their own they are all beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.