Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
Or alternatively he just crapped his pants and bottled out of a very winnable challenge against that notorius hardman Arjen Fucking Robben.

I think my version is more likely to be honest.

I thing "crapping his pants" is a very poor argument considering that this is the guy who went at it with PEPE, who's a definiton of "hard man", on his own ground in Portugal.

- Had it been goal-scoring situation for Bayern (which it clearly was not) - I'm sure he'd go harder for it.
- Had Robben been last defender of Bayern, and winning that challenge would create goal-scoring opportunity for City - I'm sure he'd go harder for it.
- Seemingly harmless dead ball in the middle of the park, with fast approaching, potentially reckless Robben going for it - you know, as a striker...

Again - some might not like it, as a general approach (myself included), but that's the way it is. In that particular situation - some even might argue it was a smart decision. Felix Magath at one point was very dependent on Dzeko (as is our NT head coach) - and I'm sure they would not mind the attitude.

It's different at City though as Dzeko is far from irreplaceable - that's why he must change it.

EaglesFan said:
RE: Dzeko vs. Robben - how can you guys be so ignorant??

Hear me out:

Dzeko is KNOWN as a player who hasn't missed a total of 5 games in his entire career (what did he miss at City, two in three years?). Why do you think that is??

He picks his battles. He is very SELECTIVE about when to "go for it". Watch him closely in game. He doesnt (nor he can) run about the entire game. When he decides to chase he is not bad at it, but it doesnt happen to often.

Whether that's a right approach is a completely different issue (and for the record, I as one of his biggest fans dont like it).

Positives: This is the way he keeps himself fresh and at lower injury risk. Some could even argue that, since he is a striker and his primary goal is not defending, this is not a bad approach as he is always available (for example, maybe some people would like to have Aguero less frequently injured at the cost of him slowing down a little??).

Negatives: this approach/habit of Edin's is not suffice for EPL which is predicated on running and "work rate" - hence all of you are flipping out. On top of that it puts more pressure on rest of the team.

Either way - this is down to his prior coaching as he's always been this way. In EPL though it must change, otherwise he'll never be as successful as he could be.

This is an impressively long winded way of saying he's a lazy fanny. Good player on his day though but those days are few and far between, the contrast with Negredo is obvious and I suspect Edin won't be here too much longer.

samharris said:
ColinLee said:
pominoz said:
With all due respect, what a load of bollocks.
It would make me more than happy for Dzeko to play to the standard that his fans think he is capable of, i and many others just have not seen it.
Having a different opinion to you does not mean we know fuck all, you tied your flag to the Dzeko mast long ago, and are unwilling to see that he is just not good enough or does not have what it takes to be a top striker in our team.
He seems like a nice bloke, there is no hate, he is just as frustrating as fuck and needs to move on. Just my opinion, but hey!, what do i know, as i know fuck all same as all the other posters that see what i see.
Even the Bosnian,s are having a go at him now, that should tell you something ;)

Spot on, and if we get rid in January then samharris is going to look silly...

Oh no!!!!!!!!!..Im going to look silly..why for sticking up for a City player ??
Do you really think for one minute that I give a fuck about looking silly on here..
so put yer flask and sausage sandwich down and do up yer duffle coat!!

-- Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
samharris said:
But its not only me who Know that the regulars on this thread know fuck all..
The management at City think this too..

Joe hart makes mistakes and its all over the papers and many on here call for his head (tell me,what do you think of City fans calling for joes head??). Edin Dzeko makes mistakes and its only city fans on here calling for his head... funny that eh !!! fuck me we had a gif of Edin not going in 100% for a tackle, truly the most pathetic thing Ive seen posted on here in my 7 years on this forum..

For the life of me I cannot recall one paper article saying that Edin Dzeko is shite or overrated...
That it seems is reserved for City fans who must have a scapegoat,the most important thing is that City believe in Dzeko,the same way they believe in kolarov, and Joe Hart..

Just remember,what you think about Edin really doesnt matter because in the grand scheme of things he will still be picked for City,score goals for City and have bad games for City..I will look at his positives and leave the negatives to those on here who are fighting a losing battle with the club and its management.

But hey,,you all get to moan for longer and im sure that makes you happy :)

Just a quick one mate but if Dzeko was English he would get as much paper time as Hart for mistakes but more in the Owen, Rooney striker type form complaint system

Maybe so.. but we are 7 games into the season and I believe he will do a job for us..
Seems like I touched a nerve there... :)

samharris said:
pudge said:
foetus said:
haha pudge. You certainly love checking other posters history :)
Have to keep myself busy during the international break

I call it being a sad bastard,but then if im wrong I apologise..
But you freely call others on here stalkers, tell me- do you know the term 'pot kettle black' where you are from??
Do you know the meaning of that term where you're from??

Once again you engage me in conversation despite your insistence that you'll ignore me, you then call me a 'sad bastard' when you are the one quite clearly stalking my every post.... Your obsession with me is getting worse. I don't think I've ever engaged or provoked you.

What do you call the poster who looked up all of Edin's achievements? Because I imagine it took the same amount of time.

Looks like it's your posts that are good for a laugh.

Do you think you will ever grow up? Regardless, I'll warn you in advance that you're free to get your much needed last word because I'm taking the initiative to foe you, one of us has to after all and you obviously love the attention too much.

Bysie daisies.

pudge said:
samharris said:
pudge said:
Have to keep myself busy during the international break

I call it being a sad bastard,but then if im wrong I apologise..
But you freely call others on here stalkers, tell me- do you know the term 'pot kettle black' where you are from??
Do you know the meaning of that term where you're from??

Once again you engage me in conversation despite your insistence that you'll ignore me, you then call me a 'sad bastard' when you are the one quite clearly stalking my every post.... Your obsession with me is getting worse. I don't think I've ever engaged or provoked you.

What do you call the poster who looked up all of Edin's achievements? Because I imagine it took the same amount of time.

Looks like it's your posts that are good for a laugh.

Do you think you will ever grow up? Regardless, I'll warn you in advance that you're free to get your much needed last word because I'm taking the initiative to foe you, one of us has to after all and you obviously love the attention too much.

Bysie daisies.

Seems you can give it out to Edin Dzeko but cant take it from me,and I didnt even need to break the COC. ta ra chuck!!

American johnny come lately's.. can spot em a mile off..

ColinLee said:
samharris said:
ColinLee said:
Spot on, and if we get rid in January then samharris is going to look silly...

Oh no!!!!!!!!!..Im going to look silly..why for sticking up for a City player ??
Do you really think for one minute that I give a fuck about looking silly on here..
so put yer flask and sausage sandwich down and do up yer duffle coat!!

-- Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Just a quick one mate but if Dzeko was English he would get as much paper time as Hart for mistakes but more in the Owen, Rooney striker type form complaint system

Maybe so.. but we are 7 games into the season and I believe he will do a job for us..
Seems like I touched a nerve there... :)

yawn.............you still here??

I don't know whether I've mentioned this before but we have only won the league 3 times in over 120 years, in 1936..................................only joking, and yes I've been a bit repetitive.....however it's not like we win the league often and we will never , ever repeat the climax to what happened in May 2012. It was out of this world.

So why am I such a big Edin fan ? Watching CIty for over 50 years I've often gone to watch them train and have been several times with Doug Higgy who does the training reports on this site. After one such trip, we had to use stepladders to peer over the fence, I went round to the main entrance. A few people were hoping to catch a glimpse of the players and Edin pulled up in his motor and signed a few autographs. I got chatting with him and you could not wish to meet a nicer guy, humble and dedicated to City. One of the nicest players I have ever met and I put him up there with other genuine nice guys I was lucky to have a chat with, Nicolas Anelka, Colin Bell and Tommy Booth are others who have all the time in the world for the fans.

His goalscoring record speaks for itself, with us, with Wolfsburg and with his country. Wolfsburg fans never forget what he did for them and respect his achievements. I still think he is a key squad player although he clearly has a battle with Negredo for his place. I think we should respect him for what he achieved. His goal against QPR was the turning point, it was key, it was the game changer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only 3 Premiership titles in 120 years, he was integral to our final one.

kismet said:
I don't know whether I've mentioned this before but we have only won the league 3 times in over 120 years, in 1936..................................only joking, and yes I've been a bit repetitive.....however it's not like we win the league often and we will never , ever repeat the climax to what happened in May 2012. It was out of this world.

So why am I such a big Edin fan ? Watching CIty for over 50 years I've often gone to watch them train and have been several times with Doug Higgy who does the training reports on this site. After one such trip, we had to use stepladders to peer over the fence, I went round to the main entrance. A few people were hoping to catch a glimpse of the players and Edin pulled up in his motor and signed a few autographs. I got chatting with him and you could not wish to meet a nicer guy, humble and dedicated to City. One of the nicest players I have ever met and I put him up there with other genuine nice guys I was lucky to have a chat with, Nicolas Anelka, Colin Bell and Tommy Booth are others who have all the time in the world for the fans.

His goalscoring record speaks for itself, with us, with Wolfsburg and with his country. Wolfsburg fans never forget what he did for them and respect his achievements. I still think he is a key squad player although he clearly has a battle with Negredo for his place. I think we should respect him for what he achieved. His goal against QPR was the turning point, it was key, it was the game changer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only 3 Premiership titles in 120 years, he was integral to our final one.

You weren't joking though were you. You've posted pretty much the same thing again, with a few add ons.

I'm never clicking on a Dzeko thread again as any form of reasonable debate doesn't seem possible with many of his acolytes.

Davs, Kismet hasn't repeated his usual mantra, he's explained his respect for him as a person and his goalscoring record. At the end he just throws in a sentence about the 120 years again as a joke.

He even comments that Edin now has a real struggle for his place with Negredo. Whilst respecting him he does acknowledge the battle he now has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.