Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zlatan said:
pudge said:
Matty said:
So, just to summarise, it isn't Dzeko's fault that he's inconsistent, and that on more occasions than he should, he's off form and pretty poor. In fact it's City's fault, because we actually have a squad with other options in it besides Dzeko? Silly us, from now on we must only buy 1 real striker, just like Arsenal, so we are forced to play Dzeko all the time, that way he'll be excellent.
To be fair, the excuses do have to be more creative now that Mancini's gone.

'Selective tackling' is a personal favourite

He is a pure striker. For him not to tackle in the middle of the field with no goal opportunity on either side is not worth mentioning.
It just shows how low are some going just to slate him. And by doing so they provoke the answer of some, me included.
Those people just did not never played any kind of sport and dont have a clue, or just dislike him for some of the reason/s.

I think you'll find that some of the posters you are referring to do not have football as the number 1 sport in their country..I think you'll find they call it 'soccer'

which explains so much!! :)

Zlatan said:
LoveCity said:
Growing trend is of having a complete striker, those who can score but graft, create, and work hard for the team. I mean, Mario Gomez is probably the best finisher around and scored for fun at Bayern, but they ditched him in favour of Mandzukic, less of a finisher but more of an overall player... and it helped improve Bayern's strength as a team. I'd say we have a very similar situation with Dzeko and Negredo except there is less of a gap between them as goal scorers as there is between Gomez and Mandzukic, which isn't good for Dzeko. Dzeko is useful as our rotation option and impact sub, but we all know that is not a role he wants and I think that's why this will be his final season at City while he still has some value (contract up in June 2015). Logic points towards him joining Dortmund next summer (when Lewandowski leaves) if there can be a wage compromise, but if not there might be other teams interested.

Negredo is not complete striker either.
Falcao, Suarez, Rooney, Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Cavanni, van Persie ,Lewandowski, Aguero, Higuain, .... are much much better. He will not bring to your great club what those kind of players would bring. And that is at least 90 %.
Better for me not to go that he is one footed. It will be hugely important on big games when they would make him shoot with his right foot.
The only think i blame Dzeko is his lack of agrressivnes , which is slightly better this year ( Newcastle, Carling Cup game , ....
Dzeko can not be great in running, passing and so on, the some as Negredo will never bi good with his right foot, dribbling and so on

-- Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:12 pm --

pudge said:
Zlatan said:
Muller is better than Dzeko in:
Pace, aggressivness, passing and he is quicker
Dzeko is better more complete striker with stronger both feet. ( long and sometimes short ranged shots )
Muller is playing at false number 9 , Dzeko is pure number 9.
Which one is better depends in which team / style do you play them.
So Muller should be compared more to Aguero who is milessssssssssss better.
I'm referring to Muller's comments on how lazy our strikers were, although if you watched the game you'll know Aguero ran himself into the ground.

Does Muller then have a personal dislike of Dzeko by your logic then? Or has he never played the game and just an illusion?

If you are saying Muller was better that night than Aguero. It dont mean anything. Aguero is miles better. In the same Bayern team Aguero would played better that night than Muller.
Muller dont have anything against him ( i think ). He was hugely respected in Germany and still is in smaller way. He had status like Aguero, van Persie, Suarez have in UK. He was chosen BY PLAYERS as a BEST PLAYER in the league. Ant that says it all.
That's not even close to what I'm saying and you can't be that stupid to misinterpret it that badly

samharris said:
Zlatan said:
pudge said:
To be fair, the excuses do have to be more creative now that Mancini's gone.

'Selective tackling' is a personal favourite

He is a pure striker. For him not to tackle in the middle of the field with no goal opportunity on either side is not worth mentioning.
It just shows how low are some going just to slate him. And by doing so they provoke the answer of some, me included.
Those people just did not never played any kind of sport and dont have a clue, or just dislike him for some of the reason/s.

I think you'll find that some of the posters you are referring to do not have football as the number 1 sport in their country..I think you'll find they call it 'soccer'

pudge is american ?

AntiUnited said:
samharris said:
Zlatan said:

pudge is american ?

Ask him..hes foe'd me..arf!!

samharris said:
AntiUnited said:
samharris said:

pudge is american ?

Ask him..hes foe'd me..arf!!

:S explains why he supports the falcons no 1 likes them 0-0 !

Zlatan said:
pudge said:
Zlatan said:
What about Muller?

Dzeko is better more complete striker with stronger both feet. ( long and sometimes short ranged shots )

Müller is no false nine. Müller is Müller. He is not really a striker, not really a winger, not really a forward, not really an offensive midfielder - or everything of it. And he somehow is right with his remark (and it was just one sentence of a big interview) - he just painted it as a picture. It was about the striker role. I think he'd say the same about the difference between Robben and Ronaldo... ;)

Maybe you should watch both Bayern-Barcelona matches or the Juve matches and the role of the strikers there - in the Barcelona match Barca had more ball possession so it is somewhat equal to the last match. Mandzukic/Gomez as real no. 9s - and Müller in the supporting striker role did a lot of work in this matches - and scored, too.

Last season as a right winger and hanging striker Müller scored 21 goals and 15 assists in 3134 minutes in the CL and Bundesliga.

Dzeko scored 15 goals and made 6 assists in 2208 minutes. Agüero scored 14 goals and made 3 assists in 2333 minutes. It is not that they score more than him especially if Müller ain't a pure striker but a mixture between provider and goal scorer.

Is Agüero better than Müller... What do you want to compare? Statistics? He might be better in things like technic, dribbling, pace, even have a better shot - but that does not say much if you compare Agüero with a player whose biggest value is in anticipation of match situations, intelligence and off ball movement with a high workrate. That he scores and assists a lot just helps to satisfy that kind of fans that do not see the whole picture. Müller is someone of the best in Europe in that. Müller runs from the left to the right box in the right moment and draws defenders with him so at the end there is a Bayern player on the left side free with the ball in front of goal. Or he makes runs that create holes to shoot for his fellow players.

Maybe you should not ask who is better but who is more valuable for a team?

-----------

Maybe that is a question what you believe a forward should give to a match. And maybe I would think different if the striker would be the main goal outlet of a team and not like in the Bayern team one of many...

AntiUnited said:
samharris said:
Zlatan said:

pudge is american ?
Irish in fact, born and raised and a season ticket holder to boot

Not too sure why you're having a go at the Falcons in a Dzeko thread though. Although, if it wasn't for you quoting him I wouldn't have been aware of the growing level of SH''s stupidity, so cheers.

Maldeika said:
Zlatan said:
pudge said:
What about Muller?

Müller is no false nine. Müller is Müller. He is not really a striker, not really a winger, not really a forward, not really an offensive midfielder - or everything of it. And he somehow is right with his remark (and it was just one sentence of a big interview) - he just painted it as a picture. It was about the striker role. I think he'd say the same about the difference between Robben and Ronaldo... ;)

Maybe you should watch both Bayern-Barcelona matches or the Juve matches and the role of the strikers there - in the Barcelona match Barca had more ball possession so it is somewhat equal to the last match. Mandzukic/Gomez as real no. 9s - and Müller in the supporting striker role did a lot of work in this matches - and scored, too.

Last season as a right winger and hanging striker Müller scored 21 goals and 15 assists in 3134 minutes in the CL and Bundesliga.

Dzeko scored 15 goals and made 6 assists in 2208 minutes. Agüero scored 14 goals and made 3 assists in 2333 minutes. It is not that they score more than him especially if Müller ain't a pure striker but a mixture between provider and goal scorer.

Is Agüero better than Müller... What do you want to compare? Statistics? He might be better in things like technic, dribbling, pace, even have a better shot - but that does not say much if you compare Agüero with a player whose biggest value is in anticipation of match situations, intelligence and off ball movement with a high workrate. That he scores and assists a lot just helps to satisfy that kind of fans that do not see the whole picture. Müller is someone of the best in Europe in that. Müller runs from the left to the right box in the right moment and draws defenders with him so at the end there is a Bayern player on the left side free with the ball in front of goal. Or he makes runs that create holes to shoot for his fellow players.

Muller is an enigma pretty much what you said. the closest player to come near him style wise is frank lampard. and even at his best its not really a contest whose the better player.

Maldeika said:
Zlatan said:
pudge said:
What about Muller?

Maybe you should not ask who is better but who is more valuable for a team?
Nobody asked who is better.

Zlatan said that those who criticise Dzeko for not tackling have "not never played any kind of sport and dont have a clue, or just dislike him for some of the reason/s"

Muller questioned the application of our strikers against Bayern and basically called them lazy. Does Zlatan's logic apply to Muller, is the point.

Pudge who are u to insult others.
And the question was answered to you.
But not in 10 seconds that is.
THE CITY-s STRIKERS WERE LAZY because they were cut of the supply. The four in midfield ( with very bad Navas ), could not produce as the 5 in Bayern midfield ( with great wingers ). And that was said by 85 % poster in every thread. the team was wrong for that kind of opponent.
Saying that i DO agree Dzeko was not aggressive enough that game. But that was not the game changer.
The game changer was very bad City-s midfield ( especially Navas ) who could not create nothing,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.