Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
This thread seems to wandering around and not doing very much hmmmmmmmmmmm

Discuss the issues at hand i.e Dzeko
Hence why the foe option was exercised, and with good reason by the looks of it.

Maldeika said:
Zlatan said:
Maldeika said:
There has been a lot of people in the forum here that thought the same, or? Or that thought that the biggest problem was that you fielded a 4-4-2 and not another formation. In my eyes that is less a question of the formation but of the tasks the players have. Maybe we compare different things, too or two different models - here a model were the pure striker is the pure striker and the defender has to defend - and there a model where you expect a Robben to track back, in which a Ribery plays a second full back against Barcelona, a Müller and Mandzukic man cover Pirlo or Busquets and in which defenders are not only asked to defend but to make a good build up play.

I remember another interview of Müller from yesterday - the press pack is all over them when they are with the national team. In this the talk was about the defense of the German team - that was sloppy in the friendlies in August against Paraguay. He then joked that that was only a matter of the defenders or even better the thing of the goalkeeper - but then seriously that a lot can be helped by the work of the front four that need to press intelligently in packs so that they will be able to win the ball back early or that the ball cannot get played in control to the opponents forwards. A lot is about system and teamwork and workrate - and it starts with the forwards.

Agüero is a great forward with great technical abilities. But he would not play the way he does for ManCity if he would want to play for Bayern... He would have to score in abundance for that to really get that role - and Ribery and Robben are no players that only think about supporting a striker... ;)

ALL true i agree. You know football :) !!
In Bayern Aguero should do different thing and score more. But all in all his better player than Muller, More complete player, striker.

Only if you play FIFA.

Like said before - you cannot compare them. If it is for technical skills, dribblings, maybe speed, shoot etc. - yes, that Agüero wins for sure. There is other categories that go to Müller.

Müller has not been a real forward since his youth times. He sometimes went up front when the striker were substituted in Heynckes' times. It is Guardiola that seems to want him up there again. He has the instincts and a special awareness for situations - and he scored so many for somebody that only a small part of his game works in front of the goal last year. Last year he scored away and in CL matches with ever 4th of his tries (different with his Bundesliga home matches) - quotes of a good striker. But the main idea to put him there is his movement. Guardiola wanted that already in 2010 - when he said that his wish player was Müller and that he would like him to play together with Messi and Villa. Think what a player like Messi could make out of his movements...

But actually this was not about the quality of the players but about the question if Müller might have said something wrong. In my eyes he did not. Not when you have that "modern" picture of a team working as a unit in which the forwards are the first defenders. Then the forwards of Manchester City did too less work in the match against Bayern - does not mean that that was the only thing that was wrong in that match.

Muller was right. Dzeko was bad at tracking back defenders, ( as he usually is ). BUT it was not the reason City had lost. The much bigger reason you know what was. But i would not want do discuss in Dzeko tread other players, tactics.

Ducado said:
This thread seems to wandering around and not doing very much hmmmmmmmmmmm

Discuss the issues at hand i.e Dzeko

Sorry fella, am keeping it to pms now, much more fun.

Zlatan, could you please do us all a favour and stop gloryfying dzeko so much. I'm Bosnian and right now think he is the worst striker at city. It's clear to see that since the game at Newcastle dzeko has been in decline so much. He is the shadow of the player who was at wolfsburg. No one is questioning dzekos ability or talents or goal scoring record or past achievements. Simply, dzeko hasn't played a good game in a long time now. And to say he is starved of service is ludicrous. And if that really was the case, a good striker would, oh I don't know, go looking for the ball. Demand it. Get involved in the game. Show your intent. Dzeko hasn't done that so far, and in my eyes, hasn't got the correct attitude. So, if I was Pellegrini, I would bench dzeko untill he gets his head straight and regains that hunger, to fight for the starting spot, and then let him string a couple of games to prove his worth, AGAIN.

ek13 said:
Zlatan, could you please do us all a favour and stop gloryfying dzeko so much. I'm Bosnian and right now think he is the worst striker at city. It's clear to see that since the game at Newcastle dzeko has been in decline so much. He is the shadow of the player who was at wolfsburg. No one is questioning dzekos ability or talents or goal scoring record or past achievements. Simply, dzeko hasn't played a good game in a long time now. And to say he is starved of service is ludicrous. And if that really was the case, a good striker would, oh I don't know, go looking for the ball. Demand it. Get involved in the game. Show your intent. Dzeko hasn't done that so far, and in my eyes, hasn't got the correct attitude. So, if I was Pellegrini, I would bench dzeko untill he gets his head straight and regains that hunger, to fight for the starting spot, and then let him string a couple of games to prove his worth, AGAIN.

thumbs-aloft.gif

For mr. ek13

I think you are not a Bosnian. I think you are one of those 10 -20 posters who are slating Dzeko for 2,3 years and now try to change a tactic.
If you are what you are saying you are i would like to question what is your reason to pop in. You must of know that 99 % of your countryman do not share your opinion. It could be all 99 % are deluded or you are so much smarter or you are some football expert, coach which would be interesting to see, Because you dont comment tactics and other things, players. You just pop in at Dzeko treads when it is HOT here :). Why do i " think " you are not Bosnian:
- Because your english is to perfect ( which you will found a reason to explain i am sure)
- No Bosnian will say that Negredo is " MILES " better, less than 1 % for sure. ( even if it was a true , and it is not ). Why it is not i have explained in details in his tread. Majority would not even said that Aguero is better but you see i am saying that HE is, and Tevez was also slightly better.
- As for not receiving enough quality balls which i dont remember i mentioned in THAT way. I just remember saying IF he will get ENOUGH QUALITY balls he WILL ( as always ) score the goals ( like feed the Goat ), It is like in your live ek13 in your club, job there are people players which is in front of you. You have to earn respect, passes, wages, you can not demand IT. And take the ball and dribble past 3 and score. Dzeko is deadly IF he receives quality balls of any kind, ( low, high, left, right, volley, head ). Just to receive them. That the same goes for Negredo you know, he is no Aguero. He can not dribble past 2,3. He also needs like Dzeko quality assists.
- As for you would bench him for a month to see what bla, bla. he is not 17 y. kid that he will learn something new. He was best player of the league ( chosed by players, to mr. Pudge, Muller included ), best scorer, voted by FANS as a best player in Wolfsburg of ALL TIMES. So he is too old to learn as , Negredo is to old to learn how to play with his right foot. And if you are so good at football you should know what those that mean. Be able the shoot just for one wing low balls, not so good 50 % lesser chance of good shoot if the defender covers your better feet and so on. Why Negredo is not clearly better i also explained in his tread and dont wont to repeat my self. He EVEN has yet to prove that he is clinical enough, and is able to score on constant basis which is not something which is given. Lot of good striker are not consistant scorers ( see Torres, ..... ). Which Negredo is better is: close ball control, short passes, pace and bullying defenders. That is all which he is better at SO FAR.

Proelia said:
Tevez slightly better then dzeko? That discredits anything you say in future posts

Slightly better striker, finisher and better footballer all round.
But if he is so much better. Tell me why he was sold for like 11 mil ( if i am wrong please correct me ).
And how much is Dzeko worth on that logic 5 mil ??

To Zlatan,

I didn't want to but you made me do it.

Nabijem te ako mislis I dalje da je Dzeko klasa igracina. Covjek dugo ne igra dobro, to svak vidi osim tebe.

Bosnian enough for you?

Zlatan said:
Proelia said:
Tevez slightly better then dzeko? That discredits anything you say in future posts

Slightly better striker, finisher and better footballer all round.
But if he is so much better. Tell me why he was sold for like 11 mil ( if i am wrong please correct me ).
And how much is Dzeko worth on that logic 5 mil ??

Jesus navas wept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.