Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
noise said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Dzeko scoring 2 against Lichenstein doesn't make him better than Negredo, who came on as a sub and managed to score himself.
Scoring the first goal is always harder, especially against teams who park the bus, once the opponent comes out of their bunker they are easier to score against. Negredo scored when Spain was up. Dzeko scored the 1st goal and another.

Dzeko scored 2 against Greece as well, which are notoriously difficult to score against as they play a very boring defensive type game. Only Belgium and Spain have conceded less goals than Greece in the qualifiers (Euro zone). And half of those goals came from Dzeko.

edit: missed Spain who also only conceded 3 just like Belgium.
And Southampton have conceded just 2 goals, and have proven to be very difficult to score past, this season and half of those goals came from Nathan Redmond.

Or better yet, Norwich scored half of them as Redmond didn't take them on all on his own.

Also, I doubt Greece set up to park the bus against Bosnia tbf.

pudge said:
noise said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Dzeko scoring 2 against Lichenstein doesn't make him better than Negredo, who came on as a sub and managed to score himself.
Scoring the first goal is always harder, especially against teams who park the bus, once the opponent comes out of their bunker they are easier to score against. Negredo scored when Spain was up. Dzeko scored the 1st goal and another.

Dzeko scored 2 against Greece as well, which are notoriously difficult to score against as they play a very boring defensive type game. Only Belgium and Spain have conceded less goals than Greece in the qualifiers (Euro zone). And half of those goals came from Dzeko.

And Southampton have conceded just 2 goals, and have proven to be very difficult to score past, this season and half of those goals came from Nathan Redmond.

Or better yet, Norwich scored half of them as Redmond didn't take them on all on his own.
Great, are we really comparing a competition that just started to an almost finished competition I was talking about? And since we're talking about PL, it's a known fact that Dzeko's goals last season netted most league points in the team. Which is a perfect indicator of who scores heaviest goals.
pudge said:
You must not follow international soccer much? Parking the bus and hoping for counter attacks and goals from dead balls is how Greece plays.

They have scored 10 goals (technically 9 when you consider the own goal vs Slovakia). Compared to Bosnia's 29 against the same opposition. They even played like this against Liechtenstein. Why wouldn't they do that against one of the most attacking oriented sides in Europe (Bosnia)?

sOL4HPW.jpg

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

Great, are we really comparing a competition that just started to an almost finished competition I was talking about? And since we're talking about PL, it's a known fact that Dzeko's goals last season netted most league points in the team.
pudge said:
You must not follow international soccer much? Parking the bus and hoping for counter attacks and goals from dead balls is how Greece plays.

They have scored 10 goals (technically 9 when you consider the own goal vs Slovakia). Compared to Bosnia's 29. They even played like this against Liechtenstein. Why wouldn't they do that against one of the most attacking oriented sides in Europe (Bosnia)?

sOL4HPW.jpg
No, I don't follow the Greece national team that much unfortunately often when the international break is on I focus on my own country. Although, your ability to deduce how they play explains a bit at least. Going down to 10 men in the above match may have played a part in any tactics though..

And I'm merely showing how the "statistic" if you could call it that, that you presented regarding 2 of Edin's international goals is nothing spectacular, Bosnia must have played rather well against Greece as a team and he was able to contribute and benefit, I'm trying to emphasis the team effort in such a feat (scoring past a stingy defence).

Your point about Edin and winning points is almost too random and seems rather a desperate attempt to squeeze it in. Almost as if you had been sitting on that for a while.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

Great, are we really comparing a competition that just started to an almost finished competition I was talking about? And since we're talking about PL, it's a known fact that Dzeko's goals last season netted most league points in the team.
pudge said:

They have scored 10 goals (technically 9 when you consider the own goal vs Slovakia). Compared to Bosnia's 29. They even played like this against Liechtenstein. Why wouldn't they do that against one of the most attacking oriented sides in Europe (Bosnia)?

sOL4HPW.jpg
No, I don't follow the Greece national team that much unfortunately often when the international break is on I focus on my own country. Although, your ability to deduce how they play explains a bit at least.

And I'm merely showing how the "statistic" if you could call it that, that you presented regarding 2 of Edin's international goals is nothing spectacular, Bosnia must have played rather well against Greece as a team and he was able to contribute and benefit, I'm trying to emphasis the team effort in such a feat (scoring past a stingy defence).

Your point about Edin and winning points is almost too random and seems rather a desperate attempt to squeeze it in.
My post started as a response to someone who was deriding Dzeko's accomplishments in WC qualifiers (Euro zone). I am supporting my point with the examples of Dzeko scoring heavy goals even against tough defensive opposition like Greece and he's been doing the same for City. Nothing random about mentioning PL and City as an example of Dzeko scoring heavy goals.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

sOL4HPW.jpg
No, I don't follow the Greece national team that much unfortunately often when the international break is on I focus on my own country. Although, your ability to deduce how they play explains a bit at least.

Your point about Edin and winning points is almost too random and seems rather a desperate attempt to squeeze it in.
My post started as a response to someone who was deriding Dzeko's accomplishments in WC qualifiers (Euro zone). I am supporting my point with the examples of Dzeko scoring heavy goals even against tough defensive opposition like Greece and he's been doing the same for City. Nothing random about mentioning PL and City as an example of Dzeko scoring heavy goals.
I'm not familiar with the term "heavy goals" but I assume you mean important in which case I agree he has scored many at all levels.

But as often is said, a goal is a goal. I'm happy for Edin to be back amongst the goals and I'm also happy that Negredo is continuing his goal scoring form. Neither should be dealt with greater applause than the other, they both play for City but perspective from some is understandable but maybe not necessary.

Not all of this applies solely to yourself, I wish to stress.

Heavy goals was a term used by David Platt last season when he talked about Edin Dzeko's contribution to the team. And you're correct it means important goals for the team. Or difficult goals which save the team points.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

I'm not familiar with the term "heavy goals" but I assume you mean important in which case I agree he has scored many at all levels.

But as often is said, a goal is a goal. I'm happy for Edin to be back amongst the goals and I'm also happy that Negredo is continuing his goal scoring form. Neither should be dealt with greater applause than the other, they both play for City but perspective from some is understandable but maybe not necessary.

Haha! Everytime you bat one away pudge another turns up to take their place - there's no escape!

Pablo1 said:
pudge said:
noise said:

Haha! Everytime you bat one away pudge another turns up to take their place - there's no escape!

Er hem !!

samharris said:
Pablo1 said:
pudge said:

Er hem !!
Right on cue Sam, on you go. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.