Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
spamalot said:
It's interesting to see Dzeko getting a bit of criticism on the thread however we should remember others we have criticised who went on to greater things -

Tony Towers went on to play for England
Colin Barratt won the European Cup with Forest
Ian Bowyer won the European Cup with Forest
Joe Corrigan became a City legend
Paul Power won the league with Everton
Shaun Boater became a City legend

We should appreciate Edin for what he has achieved as he could be a crucial asset this season.

blue12 said:
spamalot said:
It's interesting to see Dzeko getting a bit of criticism on the thread however we should remember others we have criticised who went on to greater things -

Tony Towers went on to play for England
Colin Barratt won the European Cup with Forest
Ian Bowyer won the European Cup with Forest
Joe Corrigan became a City legend
Paul Power won the league with Everton
Shaun Boater became a City legend

We should appreciate Edin for what he has achieved as he could be a crucial asset this season.
Who's Shaun Boater ?

pudge said:
kismet said:
Completely agree with you SamHarris, that was a great day and I doubt whether we will ever match that last minute excitement.

For me Dzeko's goal was crucial, we had been slinging crosses into the box and QPR were clearing them. Dzeko came on and stuck it in the back of the onion bag with a great header. He gathered the ball shouting "come on". He turned the match and led to the last minute bit of magic from Mario and Sergio.

He helped make history for us, a top player.
Doesn't mean he can never be sold does it?Why don't we bring Sir Joey back for his services to the club?

Nice to see your narrative hasn't changed though...

Can be sold and wanting him sold are two different things..

Pudge no it doesn't mean he couldn't be sold.

We wouldn't bring back Joey as he has nothing to add to the current squad. He did play his part in our history particularly in keeping us up in his final year when he, Distin and Dunne were excellent. You could also argue he did his bit when getting himself sent off in that final game.
However, he is no longer our quality.

Just to expand upon my admiration I would add -

His goal at Notts County kept us in the FA Cup was crucial to our first trophy
His performance at United in the 6-1, his 2 goals and going to the scoreboard showing the 6 fingers
His regular goalscoring for us since his arrival
His charity work both here and overseas is magnificent
His demolition of Spurs with 4 brilliant goals
His attitude at training when I have watched him with Doug Higgy shows what a class act and team player he is
The fact that he was our second leading goalscorer when we won the league for only the 3rd time ever........I could go on.......

pudge said:
kismet said:
Completely agree with you SamHarris, that was a great day and I doubt whether we will ever match that last minute excitement.

For me Dzeko's goal was crucial, we had been slinging crosses into the box and QPR were clearing them. Dzeko came on and stuck it in the back of the onion bag with a great header. He gathered the ball shouting "come on". He turned the match and led to the last minute bit of magic from Mario and Sergio.

Doesn't mean he can never be sold does it?

Why don't we bring Sir Joey back for his services to the club?

I rate Dzeko highly. I think he's the best striker we have. But by all means if he doesn't fit in the system he should be sold if that's the best thing for the club.

But the disparity in how often Dzeko gets criticized like he never did anything for the team, while on the other hand Aguero enjoys the deity status for a moment that was made possible by that same Dzeko is disrespectful at best.

Just to wish Edin and Bosnia all the best in their forthcoming World Cup qualifier this week.

To qualify for Brazil would be a magnificent achievement. Lets hope they do it.

spamalot said:
Just to wish Edin and Bosnia all the best in their forthcoming World Cup qualifier this week.

To qualify for Brazil would be a magnificent achievement. Lets hope they do it.
Indeed. They play a very exciting brand of attacking football.

noise said:
pudge said:
kismet said:

Doesn't mean he can never be sold does it?

Why don't we bring Sir Joey back for his services to the club?

I rate Dzeko highly. I think he's the best striker we have. But by all means if he doesn't fit in the system he should be sold if that's the best thing for the club.

But the disparity in how often Dzeko gets criticized like he never did anything for the team, while on the other hand Aguero enjoys the deity status for a moment that was made possible by that same Dzeko is disrespectful at best.
Said disparity, I'm glad I was able to introduce that word into your vocabulary, is created and sustained through the ridiculous extremes both sides of the argument resort to.

I.e. Dzeko is better than Aguero/ Nasri is worth more than Aguero which comes about via Dzeko's a donkey/shite.

As for Kismet, when Barton was sold I doubt there many so against it, but by your logic due to his contributions to our survival he was such an integral part, that we shouldn't have sold him. That's my point.

People will always be grateful for his goal against QPR, no one has said otherwise but you can't live in the past forever, hence why it's the past. Some want Lescott gone, with minimal argument. Nige is gone along with Mario all of whom were involved in the winner in that game.

You're seemingly, constantly, implying Dzeko should have 'tenure' for lack of a better word. Some people feel we should sell him, big whoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.