Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
noise said:
Heavy goals was a term used by David Platt last season when he talked about Edin Dzeko's contribution to the team. And you're correct it means important goals for the team. Or difficult goals which save the team points.
Which he did in abundance and I for one am grateful, and I'm sure he'll do so again throughout this season. Assuming of course he stays, as leaving in January is a possibility most will admit.

Hopefully breaking his slight blip for Bosnia will motivate him at club level. Which I feel is one of the bigger issues regarding Edin, the disparity in his level of performance for Bosnia compared to his performances for us.

Obviously play, not so much goes through him, but suits him and he is their main man but there is a distinctly higher level of application for Bosnia that he needs to transfer to City. So far he hasn't and that's an issue, a 3 year issue at that.

It's as if it's arrogance that he knows he's Bosnia's star man no matter what. The infallible standard he is held at by some hinders more than helps.

pudge said:
noise said:
Heavy goals was a term used by David Platt last season when he talked about Edin Dzeko's contribution to the team. And you're correct it means important goals for the team. Or difficult goals which save the team points.
Which he did in abundance and I for one am grateful, and I'm sure he'll do so again throughout this season. Assuming of course he stays, as leaving in January is a possibility most will admit.

Hopefully breaking his slight blip for Bosnia will motivate him at club level. Which I feel is one of the bigger issues regarding Edin, the disparity in his level of performance for Bosnia compared to his performances for us.

Obviously play, not so much goes through him, but suits him and he is their main man but there is a distinctly higher level of application for Bosnia that he needs to transfer to City. So far he hasn't and that's an issue, a 3 year issue at that.

It's as if it's arrogance that he knows he's Bosnia's star man no matter what. The infallible standard he is held at by some hinders more than helps.

When he plays for bosnia all the balls go to him in the box. they keep pumping and feeding him the ball. in city its like they refuse to pass him the ball (kun). the last game we played kalorov was shooting in beautiful balls into the box where dzeko i grantee you would have scored. since thats his bread and butter. and which he scores those goals on a regular basis for club and country.

I have been a big Dzeko fan on here and still am ..... too an extent. But, I am starting to see that he can't reach his potential with City, as we just don't and won't play a game that suits his strengths.
Dzeko's strength (and this will sound odd to some) is his first touch. YES, his first touch!!! When he is presented with a ball in front of him, to run onto, or control and shoot, his first touch is often brilliant and is the source of most of his goals. Put him deeper in open play and with his back to goal and his first touch is often abysmal.
In short he needs to play with a team who fire in a lot of speculative crosses and pull backs to the penalty spot, edge of the box, or teams who play on the break. Not that he won't contribute goals, but these days, IMO opinion, he will never look good playing for a team who have a lot of possession and are forced to pick their way through packed defenses.

Brendan110_0 said:
We need 4 top strikers to win trophies at home and abroad, Dzeko is 1 of 4 and will get his fair share of goals and games. Try supporting players for a change, I know it's hard after years of misery but give it a go and enjoy the ride.
Bayern or Barca didn't need 4 top strikers to win leagues and european cups.

Impossible to keep 4 top strikers happy.

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
noise said:

When he plays for bosnia all the balls go to him in the box. they keep pumping and feeding him the ball. in city its like they refuse to pass him the ball (kun). the last game we played kalorov was shooting in beautiful balls into the box where dzeko i grantee you would have scored. since thats his bread and butter. and which he scores those goals on a regular basis for club and country.
Like I said, I agree that to an extent it's to do with how they play that he's so successful but I'm referring more to his application and the disparity between it at each level.

Also, please don't say the players seemingly refuse to pass to him.

pominoz said:
samharris said:
Corky said:
Look what happened when Adebyebye went to spuds..it nearly came back to bite us..do you really want Dzeko at Spuds??

We won the league! Then when they bought him he did nothing.
And who helped us win the league??

Give it up, FFS.[/quote]

Give what up?? the truth?? never.. Dzeko helped us win the title that day and create history and you want people to forget it..

Get lost..Im proud of that day and everyone who was a part of it..

Are you not proud too??

Completely agree with you SamHarris, that was a great day and I doubt whether we will ever match that last minute excitement.

For me Dzeko's goal was crucial, we had been slinging crosses into the box and QPR were clearing them. Dzeko came on and stuck it in the back of the onion bag with a great header. He gathered the ball shouting "come on". He turned the match and led to the last minute bit of magic from Mario and Sergio.

He helped make history for us, a top player.

kismet said:
Completely agree with you SamHarris, that was a great day and I doubt whether we will ever match that last minute excitement.

For me Dzeko's goal was crucial, we had been slinging crosses into the box and QPR were clearing them. Dzeko came on and stuck it in the back of the onion bag with a great header. He gathered the ball shouting "come on". He turned the match and led to the last minute bit of magic from Mario and Sergio.

He helped make history for us, a top player.
Doesn't mean he can never be sold does it?

Why don't we bring Sir Joey back for his services to the club?

Nice to see your narrative hasn't changed though...

It's interesting to see Dzeko getting a bit of criticism on the thread however we should remember others we have criticised who went on to greater things -

Tony Towers went on to play for England
Colin Barratt won the European Cup with Forest
Ian Bowyer won the European Cup with Forest
Joe Corrigan became a City legend
Paul Power won the league with Everton
Shaun Boater became a City legend

We should appreciate Edin for what he has achieved as he could be a crucial asset this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.