Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
Doesn't mean he can never be sold does it?

Why don't we bring Sir Joey back for his services to the club?

Nice to see your narrative hasn't changed though...
I rate Dzeko highly. I think he's the best striker we have. But by all means if he doesn't fit in the system he should be sold if that's the best thing for the club.

But the disparity in how often Dzeko gets criticized like he never did anything for the team, while on the other hand Aguero enjoys the deity status for a moment that was made possible by that same Dzeko is disrespectful at best.
Said disparity, I'm glad I was able to introduce that word into your vocabulary, is created and sustained through the ridiculous extremes both sides of the argument resort to.

I.e. Dzeko is better than Aguero/ Nasri is worth more than Aguero which comes about via Dzeko's a donkey/shite.

As for Kismet, when Barton was sold I doubt there many so against it, but by your logic due to his contributions to our survival he was such an integral part, that we shouldn't have sold him. That's my point.

People will always be grateful for his goal against QPR, no one has said otherwise but you can't live in the past forever, hence why it's the past. Some want Lescott gone, with minimal argument. Nige is gone along with Mario all of whom were involved in the winner in that game.

You're seemingly, constantly, implying Dzeko should have 'tenure' for lack of a better word. Some people feel we should sell him, big whoop.

He's scored a lot of goals in a relatively short space of time true. But that isn't the full story. You have to look at his overall contribution and that is why the 'rags' sold the Count to Fulham recently - or did he go on a free ?

He seems too easily drawn into niggly arguments with referees everytime an opposition player has the audacity to clip his ankle. He doesn't even try to look like he's tracking back.

If the right offer comes in, £20 million, then we would have to take it surely ? I say £20 million as he has a value and is a very good striker and that is a mark of my respect for him. I'm not saying he isn't any good. But, we can get better than him though probably for quite a bit more cash.

He's definitely behind Negredo in the like-for-like strikers race. Strangely though, I remember Yaya saying that the 'strongest' player at the club (presumably based on work with weights in the gym) was Edin. He doesn't make full use of his strength I would have said.

noise said:
pudge said:
Said disparity, I'm glad I was able to introduce that word into your vocabulary.
No other poster is as full of himself as Pudge.
Just a coincidence you drop it in and use it to go off on another tangent was it? Regardless, you should never take sarcasm seriously.

If that line is all you're willing to address, fair enough. I take it then you acknowledge how both sides contribute to your claim.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
Said disparity, I'm glad I was able to introduce that word into your vocabulary.
Just a coincidence you drop it in and use it to go off on another tangent was it? Regardless, you should never take sarcasm seriously.

If that line is all you're willing to address, fair enough. I take it then you acknowledge how both sides contribute to your claim.
I see very little criticism towards Aguero from this side. I'd rather not discuss further, but if you really want to know: I was banned for criticizing Aguero's lack of passing during a match thread recently. And for responding to someone who called me an asswipe (who didn't get banned, but I did). Bluemoon is very much anti Dzeko and pro Aguero.
People will always be grateful for his goal against QPR
I would never in a million years get that impression from the countless statements made here.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

I see very little criticism towards Aguero from this side. I'd rather not discuss further, but if you really want to know: I was banned for criticizing Aguero's lack of passing during a match thread recently. And for responding to someone who called me an asswipe (who didn't get banned, but I did). Bluemoon is very much anti Dzeko and pro Aguero.
I would never in a million years get that impression from the countless statements made here.
I remember your posts during the Plzen game, when you were very adamant that Aguero wasn't passing the ball to Dzeko. Even after Edin's goal, assisted by Sergio you continued with that narrative.

Obviously I can't speak for the mods but I imagine if you feel someone's posts aimed at you is out of line then you should report it. So many posts in a match thread, only reported/flagged posts will be acted upon I imagine.

And I've seen many posters whom are labelled 'haters' post that they not only acknowledge the role he played that season, not just that game, and state their gratefulness for it. Over a year on they are entitled to have a different mind set with regards to keeping/selling him surely?

And any over the top Aguero, or even Negredo, posting is not all that different to any involving Dzeko. Each contrasts the others, when people say Dzeko's 'shit' it provokes others to go over the top with 'Aguero's a selfish midget' and vice versa. As a result posters will defend one against the negative claims.

Many preach the idea of supporting all City players as they are after all City players, but get caught up in personal likes and dislikes.

Another poster has just posted his view on Dzeko that we should accept any decent offer and that we could get better. Surely that's points for a discussion? Not whether the board is 'pro-aguero/anti-dzeko'?

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

I remember your posts during the Plzen game, when you were very adamant that Aguero wasn't passing the ball to Dzeko. Even after Edin's goal, assisted by Sergio you continued with that narrative.

Obviously I can't speak for the mods but I imagine if you feel someone's posts aimed at you is out of line then you should report it. So many posts in a match thread, only reported/flagged posts will be acted upon I imagine.

And I've seen many posters whom are labelled 'haters' post that they not only acknowledge the role he played that season, not just that game, and state their gratefulness for it. Over a year on they are entitled to have a different mind set with regards to keeping/selling him surely?

And any over the top Aguero, or even Negredo, posting is not all that different to any involving Dzeko. Each contrasts the others, when people say Dzeko's 'shit' it provokes others to go over the top with 'Aguero's a selfish midget' and vice versa.

Many preach the idea of supporting all City players as they are after all City players, but get caught up in personal likes and dislikes.

Another poster has just posted his view on Dzeko that we should accept any decent offer and that we could get better. Surely that's points for a discussion?
Exactly, as soon as he passed the ball to Dzeko we scored. Which was the point of my bitching and frustration as I noticed 2-3 occasions before that where Dzeko was open to score.

edit: just to add to my point.

I would react the same way if it was Negredo instead of Dzeko. Or any other player instead of Aguero. If you're playing "behind striker" your job is to provide service to the striker if he's wide open and in a position to score. I kept seeing missed opportunities to pass to Dzeko who was wide open on multiple occasions and it frustrated me to no end. As it should any City fan. But god forbid if you criticize Aguero.. I got called an asswipe and got a two weeks ban..

to be fair to the mod I was warned before the ban, but didn't see it (match thread was being spammed) until it was too late.

Joey had to go after he questioned the manager Pearce and assaulted a team mate. Once Newcastle came in with a decent offer that was it.

As for the others we have to make assumptions if the ones coming in are better or not, and will improve us. The sale of Mario could come back to haunt us if he reaches his potential.

My defence of Edin is based on the criticism he receives, which I feel is not warranted. both in respect of his achievements and ability. Some people must think we win the league every other year. Is he guaranteed a place.......no.

I think both Sergio and Edin are top quality players on their day, as were Carlos and Mario. Whilst we have bought good players in Jovetic and Negredo I don't think they have taken us to another level. It's difficult to keep four good strikers happy and we don't know what Pellegrini's preferred options are. Negredo looks the man in form at the moment. I think we just buy players as they are good, but with no thought to formation or how they are to fit in.

I wouldn't sell Edin he still has a lot to offer.

kismet said:
Joey had to go after he questioned the manager Pearce and assaulted a team mate. Once Newcastle came in with a decent offer that was it.

As for the others we have to make assumptions if the ones coming in are better or not, and will improve us. The sale of Mario could come back to haunt us if he reaches his potential.

My defence of Edin is based on the criticism he receives, which I feel is not warranted. both in respect of his achievements and ability. Some people must think we win the league every other year. Is he guaranteed a place.......no.

I think both Sergio and Edin are top quality players on their day, as were Carlos and Mario. Whilst we have bought good players in Jovetic and Negredo I don't think they have taken us to another level. It's difficult to keep four good strikers happy and we don't know what Pellegrini's preferred options are. Negredo looks the man in form at the moment. I think we just buy players as they are good, but with no thought to formation or how they are to fit in.

Of the same mind set as myself. You would think he hates City the way some go on. We are lucky to have all our strikers, all offer something different. Lets just be thankful.

kismet said:

Which is not only a reason some feel it would be best to sell him, for his own good and the clubs, but also the origin of many an argument.

-- Oct 13th, '13, 21:30 --

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

And any over the top Aguero, or even Negredo, posting is not all that different to any involving Dzeko. Each contrasts the others, when people say Dzeko's 'shit' it provokes others to go over the top with 'Aguero's a selfish midget' and vice versa.

Another poster has just posted his view on Dzeko that we should accept any decent offer and that we could get better. Surely that's points for a discussion?
Exactly, as soon as he passed the ball to Dzeko we scored. Which was the point of my bitching and frustration as I noticed 2-3 occasions before that where Dzeko was open to score.

I would react the same way if it was Negredo instead of Dzeko. Or any other player instead of Aguero. If you're playing "behind striker" your job is to provide service to the striker if he's wide open and in a position to score. I kept seeing missed opportunities to pass to Dzeko who was wide open on multiple occasions and it frustrated me to no end. As it should any City fan. But god forbid if you criticize Aguero.. I got called an asswipe and got a two weeks ban..
Aguero was our best player that night, your vigorous and continuous posts regarding his performance were sticking out like a sore thumb, hence how I can remember them even now.

It was a mini Dzeko thread inside a match thread.

pudge said:
kismet said:

Which is not only a reason some feel it would be best to sell him, for his own good and the clubs, but also the origin of many an argument.

noise said:
pudge said:

Aguero was our best player that night, your vigorous and continuous posts regarding his performance were sticking out like a sore thumb, hence how I can remember them even now.
You're right, my posts were sticking out like a sore thumb, because it seemed like no one else was seeing it. We didn't score in the 1st half, and we were superior in every way to Plzen. I could bet that Pellegrini instructed Aguero at the half time to pass the damn ball.

If I get some spare time, I will find the match and cut a video of all the missed opportunities that had me so rilled up. Of course Dzeko was also receiving his usual doze of criticism, but that didn't stick out because everyone is used to that.

edit:

Being critical of Aguero in any shape of form is taboo around here, but I notice issues with his play. He's an incredibly gifted player and no one is disputing that, but he's not perfect. And it can be very frustrating to watch Dzeko take blame for what sometimes is actually Aguero's fault:

Michael Cox is a well respected expert and he's seen the same thing:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/02/manchester-city-1-3-bayern-munich-bayern-dominate-midfield-through-numbers-pressing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/02/ ... -pressing/</a>

The relationship between City’s strikers has always been slightly confusing, even in the Roberto Mancini days. Edin Dzeko and Sergio Aguero is a slightly uneasy partnership, because it’s never entirely certain what Aguero’s role in the side is. Clearly a hugely talented individual, sometimes you wonder whether he’s happier playing just behind a main striker, or playing higher up and sprinting in behind. When he manages to combine the two roles in the same performance he can be unstoppable, but when things are going against his side, he can cause tactical problems.

noise said:
pudge said:
kismet said:

noise said:

You're right, my posts were sticking out like a sore thumb, because it seemed like no one else was seeing it. We didn't score in the 1st half, and we were superior in every way to Plzen. I could bet that Pellegrini instructed Aguero at the half time to pass the damn ball.

If I get some spare time, I will find the match and cut a video of all the missed opportunities that had me so rilled up. Of course Dzeko was also receiving his usual doze of criticism, but that didn't stick out because everyone is used to that.

edit:

Being critical of Aguero in any shape of form is taboo around here, but I notice issues with his play. He's an incredibly gifted player and no one is disputing that, but he's not perfect. And it can be very frustrating to watch Dzeko take blame for what sometimes is actually Aguero's fault:

Michael Cox is a well respected expert and he's seen the same thing:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/02/manchester-city-1-3-bayern-munich-bayern-dominate-midfield-through-numbers-pressing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/02/ ... -pressing/</a>

The relationship between City’s strikers has always been slightly confusing, even in the Roberto Mancini days. Edin Dzeko and Sergio Aguero is a slightly uneasy partnership, because it’s never entirely certain what Aguero’s role in the side is. Clearly a hugely talented individual, sometimes you wonder whether he’s happier playing just behind a main striker, or playing higher up and sprinting in behind. When he manages to combine the two roles in the same performance he can be unstoppable, but when things are going against his side, he can cause tactical problems.
Looking back at the thread, you called for Sergio to be subbed less than 30 minutes into the game. Sergio does what Pellegrini instructs him to do, as do all the players.

He hit the post, assisted and scored and completed 83% of his 35 passes that night. Before you dust off the "plays behind the striker" he still averages more passes, with greater success than Dzeko this season both in the league and a combination of the CL as well, while Negredo also averages more passes than Dzeko in the league, given the massive difference in playing time in the CL it's only logical to take league performances as the sample. There's albeit probably a difference in league minutes as well, without looking.

Again, as many will jump on any "non pass" from Aguero as some will on a missed chance from Edin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.