Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
Which is not only a reason some feel it would be best to sell him, for his own good and the clubs, but also the origin of many an argument.

-- Oct 13th, '13, 21:30 --

Aguero was our best player that night, your vigorous and continuous posts regarding his performance were sticking out like a sore thumb, hence how I can remember them even now.
You're right, my posts were sticking out like a sore thumb, because it seemed like no one else was seeing it. We didn't score in the 1st half, and we were superior in every way to Plzen. I could bet that Pellegrini instructed Aguero at the half time to pass the damn ball.

If I get some spare time, I will find the match and cut a video of all the missed opportunities that had me so rilled up. Of course Dzeko was also receiving his usual doze of criticism, but that didn't stick out because everyone is used to that.

edit:

Being critical of Aguero in any shape of form is taboo around here, but I notice issues with his play. He's an incredibly gifted player and no one is disputing that, but he's not perfect. And it can be very frustrating to watch Dzeko take blame for what sometimes is actually Aguero's fault:

Michael Cox is a well respected expert and he's seen the same thing:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/02/manchester-city-1-3-bayern-munich-bayern-dominate-midfield-through-numbers-pressing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/02/ ... -pressing/</a>

The relationship between City’s strikers has always been slightly confusing, even in the Roberto Mancini days. Edin Dzeko and Sergio Aguero is a slightly uneasy partnership, because it’s never entirely certain what Aguero’s role in the side is. Clearly a hugely talented individual, sometimes you wonder whether he’s happier playing just behind a main striker, or playing higher up and sprinting in behind. When he manages to combine the two roles in the same performance he can be unstoppable, but when things are going against his side, he can cause tactical problems.
Looking back at the thread, you called for Sergio to be subbed less than 30 minutes into the game. Sergio does what Pellegrini instructs him to do, as do all the players.

He hit the post, assisted and scored and completed 83% of his 35 passes that night. Before you dust off the "plays behind the striker" he still averages more passes, with greater success than Dzeko this season both in the league and a combination of the CL as well, while Negredo also averages more passes than Dzeko in the league, given the massive difference in playing time in the CL it's only logical to take league performances as the sample. There's also probably a rather a big difference in league minutes as well, without looking.

Again, as many will jump on any "non pass" from Aguero as some will on a missed chance from Edin.
sigh, you're missing the point sadly..

Jarane, ovaj pudge je cetnik 100%. Ne mozes drugacije objasnit njegovu frustraciju. I nemojte svega vam vise s njim raspravljati.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:
You're right, my posts were sticking out like a sore thumb, because it seemed like no one else was seeing it. We didn't score in the 1st half, and we were superior in every way to Plzen. I could bet that Pellegrini instructed Aguero at the half time to pass the damn ball.

If I get some spare time, I will find the match and cut a video of all the missed opportunities that had me so rilled up. Of course Dzeko was also receiving his usual doze of criticism, but that didn't stick out because everyone is used to that.

edit:

Being critical of Aguero in any shape of form is taboo around here, but I notice issues with his play. He's an incredibly gifted player and no one is disputing that, but he's not perfect. And it can be very frustrating to watch Dzeko take blame for what sometimes is actually Aguero's fault:

Michael Cox is a well respected expert and he's seen the same thing:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/02/manchester-city-1-3-bayern-munich-bayern-dominate-midfield-through-numbers-pressing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/02/ ... -pressing/</a>
Looking back at the thread, you called for Sergio to be subbed less than 30 minutes into the game. Sergio does what Pellegrini instructs him to do, as do all the players.

He hit the post, assisted and scored and completed 83% of his 35 passes that night. Before you dust off the "plays behind the striker" he still averages more passes, with greater success than Dzeko this season both in the league and a combination of the CL as well, while Negredo also averages more passes than Dzeko in the league, given the massive difference in playing time in the CL it's only logical to take league performances as the sample. There's also probably a rather a big difference in league minutes as well, without looking.

Again, as many will jump on any "non pass" from Aguero as some will on a missed chance from Edin.
sigh, you're missing the point sadly..
I've addressed your point about 3 times. 'One rule for Aguero, another for Dzeko'. You've merely restated your initial post in each reply and that last reply leads me to believe you either didn't read my post or you were struck by the harsh reality it revealed. You say that Aguero goes unscathed after a poor performance when Dzeko gets dissected with every move he makes, that only gets worse with posts such as yours in the Plzen thread, calling for Aguero to be subbed after 30 mins. For every 'Dzeko is shite post' there's a 'Aguero's a golden midget' post. And with the extremists such as Zlatan, it's only gotten worse with regards to Edin.

I've just highlighted that your posts in that thread came solely from frustration, and not facts, and that's the point. 'Tit for tat' with regards to Edin and Sergio on this forum. It goes both ways.

I imagine dream's post is a negative post aimed at myself, if so, I would like some to point out something incorrect or unfair that I have posted.... Good luck with that.

-- Oct 14th, '13, 05:58 --

Again, a fellow poster posted that we should sell Dzeko if a decent offer came in and that we can do better than Edin, and not one person has discussed his post.

What would have happened had I stated as much? WWIII?

dream said:
pudge said:
According to Google, dream is calling me a Serbian nationalist?
No google can translate that, which only confirms that what I said is true.

Yellow belly! if you have something to say then come out of the long grass and say it.

Whilst Aguero can play poorly sometimes, I believe it is his role in the side tactically that restricts his performance. As that pasted article gives reference to, it is sometimes unclear whether he is supposed to be given a free role in behind the striker to roam as he pleases, or to be running off the striker, in behind. I believe in games like the one against Bayern Munich, it is this tactical issue that causes us problems. I do not think we can afford to play two forward in those games. It either has to be Aguero, with a midfielder in behind hassling, or Negredo (who will put himself about more) with a midfielder in behind. I don't think two strikers works. But given time and tactical tweaks, players knowing their role better perhaps it will. As many people give reference to, Dzeko's performances for City do not seem to replicate those for his national team. Is that down to our system? His mindset? Who knows, but what is clear is that he is not doing a good enough job for City. Yes he comes under more criticism than others, but that is because of the general frustration behind how good he can be. Aguero through injury last season was not his best, but he always looks motivated, when Dzeko has a bad game he sticks out like a sore thumb. I have been impressed with Negredo in that no matter how he is playing he is working off the ball and putting everything into the game whether it be for 90mins or for 10mins as a substitute.

dream said:
pudge said:

haha there are more posters like him, some of them stopped posting here.

Edin do not always need service, he can score out of nowhere. Few examples: Long shot vs Rags Community shield, QPR away, Notts County and WBA away when he ran like a Cheetah :), Blackburn away when he caught Silva's deflected shot and scored, vs Aris, and numerous goals for Wolfsburg and national team.

If I am reading other threads correctly bluemoon feels that he is 4th choice now? Lol.

JasminBosnia said:
dream said:
pudge said:

haha there are more posters like him, some of them stopped posting here.

Edin do not always need service, he can score out of nowhere. Few examples: Long shot vs Rags Community shield, QPR away, Notts County and WBA away when he ran like a Cheetah :), Blackburn away when he caught Silva's deflected shot and scored, vs Aris, and numerous goals for Wolfsburg and national team.

If I am reading other threads correctly bluemoon feels that he is 4th choice now? Lol.

I think in general Bluemoon feels he needs to pull his finger out of his arse and start putting in performances like he did against Newcastle and Wigan on a consistent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.