Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
JasminBosnia said:
dream said:
pudge said:
According to Google, dream is calling me a Serbian nationalist?
No google can translate that, which only confirms that what I said is true.

haha there are more posters like him, some of them stopped posting here.

Edin do not always need service, he can score out of nowhere. Few examples: Long shot vs Rags Community shield, QPR away, Notts County and WBA away when he ran like a Cheetah :), Blackburn away when he caught Silva's deflected shot and scored, vs Aris, and numerous goals for Wolfsburg and national team.

If I am reading other threads correctly bluemoon feels that he is 4th choice now? Lol.

And for good reason.

JasminBosnia said:
dream said:
pudge said:

haha there are more posters like him, some of them stopped posting here.

Edin do not always need service, he can score out of nowhere. Few examples: Long shot vs Rags Community shield, QPR away, Notts County and WBA away when he ran like a Cheetah :), Blackburn away when he caught Silva's deflected shot and scored, vs Aris, and numerous goals for Wolfsburg and national team.

If I am reading other threads correctly bluemoon feels that he is 4th choice now? Lol.

I would suggest he's most certainly no higher than 3rd choice (behind Aguero and negredo). He's ahead of Jovetic, but a lot of that is down to Jovetic's lack of fitness and, therefore, playing time. If he gets fit, and gets a few games under his belt, perhaps he will indeed relegate Dzeko to 4th choice.

In all honesty I don't think it;s as simple as 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th choices. I think it's likely to be 1 from Aguero/Jovetic, paired with 1 from Negredo/Dzeko, with the possibility of utilising Jovetic's versitility and playing him in a wider position. I don't believe Dzeko and Negredo together makes a very good partnership, I think you need to play one of those 2 alongside one of the other 2 (Aguero and Jovetic). I think you could play Aguero and Jovetic together, but that City would work better with just 1 of them paired up with one of the bigger guys.

Dzeko needs more consistency in his play to make himself the better choice when it comes to him or Negredo, he needs to bring more to his game than scoring goals (because that can't always be relied upon, and a striker needs to be contributing even when he isn't getting too many chances to score), and he doesn't really do that. Negredo does.

dream said:
pudge said:
So because google can translate what you said, means that I am a Serbian nationalist???

Matty said:
I would suggest he's most certainly no higher than 3rd choice (behind Aguero and negredo). He's ahead of Jovetic, but a lot of that is down to Jovetic's lack of fitness and, therefore, playing time. If he gets fit, and gets a few games under his belt, perhaps he will indeed relegate Dzeko to 4th choice.

In all honesty I don't think it;s as simple as 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th choices. I think it's likely to be 1 from Aguero/Jovetic, paired with 1 from Negredo/Dzeko, with the possibility of utilising Jovetic's versitility and playing him in a wider position. I don't believe Dzeko and Negredo together makes a very good partnership, I think you need to play one of those 2 alongside one of the other 2 (Aguero and Jovetic). I think you could play Aguero and Jovetic together, but that City would work better with just 1 of them paired up with one of the bigger guys.

Dzeko needs more consistency in his play to make himself the better choice when it comes to him or Negredo, he needs to bring more to his game than scoring goals (because that can't always be relied upon, and a striker needs to be contributing even when he isn't getting too many chances to score), and he doesn't really do that. Negredo does.

I agree, as far as strikers MP should pair Jovetic with Negredo vs. West Ham and rest Aguerro&Dzeko due to heavy and very important international games tomorrow. Dzeko could get some time in second half if we are chasing goal or two. Jovetic or Aguerro paired with Dzeko should be playing CC vs. Newcastle and Aguerro/Negredo vs. CSKA.

We all know Edin can contribute to a team even though he does not always score, he did it several times in the past. Not sure what is going on through his head when he doesn't perform well and he does not score. I think Zlaja mentioned "Balkan don't give a fuk syndrome" due to various reasons (i.e. when he is not in first 11, or MP did not praise him for good game, or "name a MCFC footballer" did not pass the ball to him, or whatever), but I don't think he has any issue with it. He is paid big money and should got over any delicate situation the quickest possible way.

Negredo showed some talent and dedication, he fight for the spot and he does it well. But, it takes more than 7 games to realize what kind of player he is. He might be ahead of Edin because he worked hard, just need to be more clinical.

I guess you all know strikers are not a problem this season, right?

pudge said:
dream said:
pudge said:
So because google can translate what you said, means that I am a Serbian nationalist???
Quite frankly, who gives a fuck whether you're a Serbian nationalist or not, none of that changes Dzeko's performances, or his technical deficiencies. Or, by claiming Dzeko isn't a footballing God, am I also guilty of being a Serbian nationalist?

Matty said:
JasminBosnia said:
dream said:

Jovetic is no midget, he is basically the same height as Negredo

pominoz said:
pudge said:
dream said:

да ;)
I was american up until a few days ago apparently, according to this thread.

I'm starting to doubt myself..

JasminBosnia said:
Matty said:

I agree, as far as strikers MP should pair Jovetic with Negredo vs. West Ham and rest Aguerro&Dzeko due to heavy and very important international games tomorrow. Dzeko could get some time in second half if we are chasing goal or two. Jovetic or Aguerro paired with Dzeko should be playing CC vs. Newcastle and Aguerro/Negredo vs. CSKA.

We all know Edin can contribute to a team even though he does not always score, he did it several times in the past. Not sure what is going on through his head when he doesn't perform well and he does not score. I think Zlaja mentioned "Balkan don't give a fuk syndrome" due to various reasons (i.e. when he is not in first 11, or MP did not praise him for good game, or "name a MCFC footballer" did not pass the ball to him, or whatever), but I don't think he has any issue with it. He is paid big money and should got over any delicate situation the quickest possible way.

Negredo showed some talent and dedication, he fight for the spot and he does it well. But, it takes more than 7 games to realize what kind of player he is. He might be ahead of Edin because he worked hard, just need to be more clinical.

I guess you all know strikers are not a problem this season, right?

City have got a huge number of games ahead of them this season so it's pretty obvious that all 4 striking options will get a decent amount of game time, some more than others, but all of them will play a significant part in our season. The issue Dzeko has is that he, as is understandable, wants to be the "go to guy" who is selected for the truly high profile matches. However his performances over the last 8 or 9 months haven't warranted his selection in these games. Simply put, if I'm looking to pick City's strongest possible lineup, for the match against Chelsea in a couple of weeks, then, assuming we start with 2 strikers, I'd be picking Aguero and Negredo. This is simply because, on form, and on contribution to the team, they are our best options at present. If Dzeko isn't happy about this then he has it within his own power to do something about it, all he needs to do is improve to the levels he has previously shown he can reach. If he can't, or won't, reach these levels, then he's no-one else to blame for not being the main option for City when it comes to strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.