Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
I didn't accuse you of being abusive but as I've been labelled a "brainless fuck" for saying what you're questioning it was a reference to those types of responses. Does saying that I think Pants won us the game warrant such a comment?

It's my opinion that we don't win the game if Pants doesn't make that save, so Pants won us the game. In my opinion, I don't see either the problem in believing that nor your inability to comprehend it.

If there's one thing I don't do it's back track, if I did I doubt many would care as much when I posted in here. He's been given quite a bit of abuse tonight by quite a few others yet I'm quoted like clockwork..

Dont worry man the Bosnian, USA Dzeko alliance knows who the real trolls/hypocrites are and you aren't one of them
I think the game was almost a perfect example of how Dzeko can be frustrating to watch.

Anonymous for the most part but produces two moments of quality.

Which is frustrating because we all know he can produce such quality so why not over the course of 90 minutes? Nobody doubts his goal scoring ability but it's often 'that's all' with regards to his contribution and for 90 odd minutes it showed that if he's not scoring he's not doing much else.

But most of the team was poor with little to no creativity until Silva came on so it's not exactly fair to say he should have been top quality for 90 mins but he was a rather poor individual performance up until extra time but then he set one up brilliantly and scored one himself.

Only Edin.
Like I demonstrated (with moving pictures even) on the last page, he was far from anonymous before he assisted/scored.

He'll be gone in January for sure. And we'll miss him (just wondering which striker we end up kicking around when Edin is no longer on this team). I will never understand how anyone who calls himself a fan of this team can root against and talk so much shite about one of our own especially Dzeko who will forever be thought of as a legend judged on his equalizer against QPR alone.

I'm starting to get the picture that some "fans" will always talk trash about him because he's Bosnian which doesn't sit well with their serbian, slovenian, croatian roots.. for that I say go fuck yourself and take your primitive balkan views with you.

MrChicago said:
I'm starting to get the picture that some "fans" will always talk trash about him because he's Bosnian which doesn't sit well with their serbian, slovenian, croatian roots.. for that I say go fuck yourself and take your primitive balkan views with you.

Unfortunately thats exactly how things work here in balkans mate. Well said!

noise said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
Dont worry man the Bosnian, USA Dzeko alliance knows who the real trolls/hypocrites are and you aren't one of them
I think the game was almost a perfect example of how Dzeko can be frustrating to watch.

Anonymous for the most part but produces two moments of quality.

Which is frustrating because we all know he can produce such quality so why not over the course of 90 minutes? Nobody doubts his goal scoring ability but it's often 'that's all' with regards to his contribution and for 90 odd minutes it showed that if he's not scoring he's not doing much else.

But most of the team was poor with little to no creativity until Silva came on so it's not exactly fair to say he should have been top quality for 90 mins but he was a rather poor individual performance up until extra time but then he set one up brilliantly and scored one himself.

Only Edin.
Like I demonstrated (with moving pictures even) on the last page, he was far from anonymous before he assisted/scored.

You demonstrated nothing in Dzeko's favour with those clips.
In the first clip he just booted up field, Silva had no chance of doing anything with that "pass".
Second clip, that header could have gone anywhere and he should have won it as the other guy would be lucky to reach Dzeko's shoulder in height.
Third clip, "surrounded by 3 players" please, he had one dwarf near him.
Last clip i will give you was not bad.

Jazzy.ba said:
MrChicago said:

To be fair, most (if not all) people on this forum who don't rate Dzeko is because he's inconsistent and has a poor attitude. Nothing to do with his or the fans roots. That's a poor comment but not unsurprising coming from certain fan boys.

When Dzeko is on form he's a great striker...unfortunately he doesn't show this enough. That's why Aguero and Negredo start ahead of him. Why this is so hard to understand, I don't know. No need for all this petty stuff. Support him when he plays...don't woman when he doesn't play.

Jazzy.ba said:
MrChicago said:

So, just to clarify, some of the "fans" of City on this board are talking "trash" about Dzeko, not because they don't feel he's good enough, or because they are unhappy with his lack of effort, but because they are actually Serbian, Slovenian or Croatian and it's a hatred of Dzeko based on his Bosnian nationality?

What total, unfettered, bullshit.

Whilst I'll accept that out there in the World there will be people who dislike Dzeko based on his nationality, the fact that you're trying to dismiss our many issues with him as some form of racial, or national, problem is just totally unacceptbale to me. We are City fans, we're here because we support City, we're not here because one of City's players happens to come from the country we are also from. We're also not here because we're following Dzeko from club to club with the sole intention of "talking trash" about him due to his Bosnian heritage.

The reason we say Dzeko doesn't put in enough effort, hasn't got a good enough first touch, doesn't use his size to dominate defenders, isn't quick enough, needs too many chances to score a goal, has a piss poor attitude etc etc is because we've seen his performances for City, the team we support, and that's what we've seen. I, and the vast, vast majority of others, couldn't give the tiniest of shits if Dzeko is Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian or Outer Mongolian, what we do care about is that he plays well enough to be at City. Too regularly he doesn't. So, please, do fuck off with all this "He's Bosnian, so people hate him" bollocks, as I find it offensive and dismissive of our legitimate grievances with his overall performances.

On the issue of tonights game, you can't argue that Dzeko definitely had a positive impact on the result, really good assist, nice finish to get the second goal, clearly he helped us win the game. But christ he did a lot wrong as well. For 90 minutes he was very poor indeed. He wasn't alone in that, but given he's been a peripheral figure this season, he didn't do anything to push his claim for more starts. Everything we've been saying about Dzeko for months now was on display, the poor control, the lack of movement, the lack of effort/desire, it was all there. The fact he suddenly turned it on for 15 minutes and turned the game on it's head was extremely frustrating as it showed what he's capable of when he actually gives a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.