Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to recap;

He gets abuse from posters in the match day thread and he gets abuse AND praise from about a dozen after the match here.

I post nothing but praise in the match day thread, and continue to post such in here.

I also make the obvious observation that he was poor for the majority of the match, like many others have, yet still credit him for being able to turn it on and change the game, again like many other have.

Additionally, I offer a different view on the ever trivial "who won us the game" but yet it's a very fair view.

Yet I'm singled out for 'Dzeko type abuse' as per usual

Where's AntiUnited? He loves irony and double standards and all that bollocks. Seriously, do people even form theier own opinions on here or just make bullshit assumptions and stick to them?

pudge said:
So to recap;

He gets abuse from posters in the match day thread and he gets abuse AND praise from about a dozen after the match here.

I post nothing but praise in the match day thread, and continue to post such in here.

I also make the obvious observation that he was poor for the majority of the match, like many others have, yet still credit him for being able to turn it on and change the game, again like many other have.

Additionally, I offer a different view on the ever trivial "who won us the game" but yet it's a very fair view.

Yet I'm singled out for 'Dzeko type abuse' as per usual

Where's AntiUnited? He loves irony and double standards and all that bollocks. Seriously, do people even form theier own opinions on here or just make bullshit assumptions and stick to them?

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/uhvLw.gif[/bigimg]
Just watching and taking down names brah dont worry

And to your credit pudge the reason why u get hammerd the most is cuz you post the most on this thread we know where you stand unlike the other clowns that flip flop so we salute u.

I would like to elaborate. Reading the threads on here and especially the match thread. The bias and ridicule directed at Dzeko is perhaps not surprising anymore to all of us who have been around for awhile. But for the uninitiated you'd think you were watching a different game.

First of all. Dzeko has played 15 minutes in the last month with City. Sitting on a bench has a way of affecting any player, even Messi, but that privilege is not allowed to Dzeko. Dzeko is the only player who has to score a perfect hat trick a record he himself holds for City (against another PL team) to not be called shite. Pretty unbelievable for a striker really.

In the 1st half there was zero creativity in the midfield I don't think the ball crossed the center line twice for the first 20 minutes of the match, it was all Newcastle. Without Kompany, Yaya, Nasri, Silva and Fernandinho we are a crippled team.

Probably one of the biggest criticism against Dzeko in this match has been that he's been invisible the entire first 90 minutes. What I saw was the midfield that had no game plan or creativity. Right of the bat Jovetic getting injured right at the start has changed Dzeko's role. After Negredo came on, Dzeko had to drop to play "behind striker" obviously not his best position.

I am also pretty sure he wasn't helped by the fact that he destroyed Newcastle last time we played them, which put a huge "marked man" sign on him.

Contrary to the majority of posters on these boards he was not as invisible as the bluemoon hivemind would have you believe.

Here is Dzeko of all players, providing creative passes in the 2nd half, for instance.
iEsETKUxey1gl.gif

Here for instance Dzeko wins an aerial challenge and delivers it to Negredo, I wouldn't be surprised if many mistook Negredo for Dzeko here. Especially those on bootleg streams.
iMrEdVPzPhR1x.gif

Another aerial challenge won. He is surrounded by 3 defenders though.
ib2lByzNt42Sf5.gif

Again in 2nd half Dzeko creates a goal scoring chance for Negredo with a great layoff.
iDz0qWNsBhrSJ.gif

These are just some examples.. of Dzeko actually positively contributing to the game, that completely get ignored on a regular basis.

Reading the match thread, you see a comment like "I wonder if Dzeko is freezing out there". At least 70% of posts in the match thread are by posters deriding and ridiculing Dzeko (some even go as far as insulting all Bosnians).

For a player who's scored so many important goals for the team, and who despite being consistently benched 3 seasons in a row keeps on delivering goals and assists, the time has run out. He will never get in the peak form because he will never be given a consistent run of football. And that is what a player like Dzeko needs to be in form. Even Mancini has said: "Dzeko is a type of player who needs consistent playing time". Yet week in an week out he takes shit from media and the ungrateful fans. Maybe it's why he no longer smiles when he scores?

Only thing I want is for this great player who's dominated Bundesliga and WC qualifications to leave in January and resume his club career. He has taken enough abuse at City.

pudge said:
Jazzy.ba said:
Rammy Blue said:
Utter garbage for 98 mins.

That garbage just won you the game.
I'd say Pants did actually

That's actually a pretty dumb comment.

Keepers can't really win you a game, they can prevent you from losing one or can keep you in a game, but they can't win it unless they score goals, which is unlikely.

Yeah the save was timely, but unless there's someone up the other end scoring the best a clean sheet can get you is a draw.

billymumphrey said:
pudge said:
Jazzy.ba said:
That garbage just won you the game.

Keepers can't really win you a game, they can prevent you from losing one or can keep you in a game, but they can't win it unless they score goals, which is unlikely.

Yeah the save was timely, but unless there's someone up the other end scoring the best a clean sheet can get you is a draw.
So Negredo won us the game? Good to know.

Such an irrelevant, trivial point of discussion anyways. I notice I'm not the only one to credit Pants as MOTM but once again it's irrelevant and a personal opinion, hardly something to get abusive and touchy over.

Also, regarding Anti's post, I fear many don't know where I stand on Dzeko. They can say they do but unless they actually say it then I can't correct their ignorance.

pudge said:
billymumphrey said:
pudge said:

Such an irrelevant, trivial point of discussion anyways. I notice I'm not the only one to credit Pants as MOTM but once again it's irrelevant and a personal opinion, hardly something to get abusive and touchy over.

Also, regarding Anti's post, I fear many don't know where I stand on Dzeko. They can say they do but unless they actually say it then I can't correct their ignorance.

Tracking back are we? Now you're saying you were crediting Pants as MOTM and not saying he won the game for us?

How is it irrelevant when in a Dzeko thread in response to someone saying he won the game, you say no he didn't Pants did?

Pant's didn't win it. Scoring goals wins games. Preventing them prevents losing.

You can have the best keeper in the world, but if you can't score goals you won't win the game. It's a fact.

billymumphrey said:
pudge said:
billymumphrey said:

Tracking back are we? Now you're saying you were crediting Pants as MOTM and not saying he won the game for us?

How is it irrelevant when in a Dzeko thread in response to someone saying he won the game, you say no he didn't Pants did?

Pant's didn't win it. Scoring goals wins games. Preventing them prevents losing.

You can have the best keeper in the world, but if you can't score goals you won't win the game. It's a fact.
If you wanna be fair you would say Negredo and Dzeko won us the game, but then again we know where you stand.

noise said:
billymumphrey said:
pudge said:

If you wanna be fair you would say Negredo and Dzeko won us the game, but then again we know where you stand.

Out of interest where exactly is that? I don't think I've given any indication other then to say it wasn't Pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.